OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Arvydas Macijauskas
i talk not abaut trade.. but this player is perfect.. he has wonderbar 3PTS shooting.. he hi verry quickly....

piksi

Hall of Famer
Darius said:
Arvydas Macijauskas
i talk not abaut trade.. but this player is perfect.. he has wonderbar 3PTS shooting.. he hi verry quickly....
And could not get a stop if his life depended on it

Said it before and I will say it again... K-Mart for Cat and either Kenny or Skinner. K-Mart- big time rebounder, great finisher, working on an outside jumper. Basically, K-Mart is Kenny Thomas, but two inches taller (and all the good things that come with two extra inches- namely better defense and rebounding)

Kevin Garnett is going to the Kings

I just got my haircut and the lady at supercuts said that she heard from a source that Kevin Garnett will be a member of the kings by next season.

I wanted to laugh at her but since she was cutting my hair i was nice and said, Wow that'd be cool. :D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Rain man said:
Said it before and I will say it again... K-Mart for Cat and either Kenny or Skinner. K-Mart- big time rebounder, great finisher, working on an outside jumper. Basically, K-Mart is Kenny Thomas, but two inches taller (and all the good things that come with two extra inches- namely better defense and rebounding)
Actually K-Mart is NOT a very good rebounder, certianly no better than Kenny. And is maybe an inch taller. Quite undersized as well, and was exposed a bit this year out West. Certianly horribly overpaid. His defensive focus would be appreciated, but you need to fast break all the time to get mucb out of hm on the other end. Pretty good passer thuogh, which is always useful in our system. Jsut too damn expensive -- nowhere close to a max player.

I would like to see Simmons instead Mobley in our lineup next year.And trade Mobley with Skinner for some good PF is pretty good idea.If I read well,Petrie told that he is pleased with Kenny's effort,so Kenny will probably stay.

if we can SOMEHOW get Maggette/Swift, i would cry of happiness.

P.S. Ok, the fact that the Spurs are 24th in the lague in highest payroll scares me.

Bricklayer said:
Marshall?

He's a free agent anyway, so no need. Can just sign him outright.
Marshall has always struck me as the ultimate "6th man."

For whatever reason he never stuck with a team. Good rebounder, perimeter shooter, long and fairly athletic. Marshall can play the 3/4. Not sure at 32 years old you can sign him to a long term deal but I wouldn't mind seeing him as the first forward off the bench.

Bricklayer

G_M said:
Marshall has always struck me as the ultimate "6th man."

For whatever reason he never stuck with a team. Good rebounder, perimeter shooter, long and fairly athletic. Marshall can play the 3/4. Not sure at 32 years old you can sign him to a long term deal but I wouldn't mind seeing him as the first forward off the bench.
Yeah, I was arguing for his aquistion this year before the deadline. Would seem to have the skills and versatility we need, good size, plays the 4/3, rebounds, blocks shots...just something missing there somewhere. Always on losing teams. They all give up on him. The 'soft" label seems to dog him. Seems like a good fit for us, but maybe in too many ways. ;)

Bricklayer

War Eagle King said:
Any thoughts on Ronald "Flip" Murray at SG?

He carried Seattle last year when Ray Allen was hurt..... not much PT this year.
If we traded Peja, maybe. But I think if there was a problem with Cat being too offensive minded and not enough defense, Flip would jsut take that to another level.

Bricklayer said:
If we traded Peja, maybe. But I think if there was a problem with Cat being too offensive minded and not enough defense, Flip would jsut take that to another level.
yep, that's the general concensus up here about "flip". He's a selfish player.

I am not sure about his contract status but I think it would be nice to get Tyson Chandler on the Kings. I also like Antawn Jamison. any thoughts?

Last edited:

Bricklayer

atxrocker said:
I am not sure about his contract status but I think it would be nice to get Tyson Chandler on the Kings. I also like Antawn Jamison. any thoughts?
Restricted FA. Problem is that Chicago has said it will mathc any offer, and they should.

Hard to poach promising players from successful winning teams who are happy unless those teams are jsut cheap. Normally have to try to take advantage of losing teams in turmoil.

Bricklayer

KingCookie said:
CHRIS ANDERSEN. I petitioned for him all offseason long to no avail. He would flourish here and would be an instant fan favorite.
The problem with him is would he get any time for us? There's always an element of "playing the coach" involved in acquisitions (and here I'm assuming Rick is back). Doesn't matter who we pick up if the coach won't play him. Personally, if I were the Kings GM I would be tempted intentionally starve the team of depth and offensive minded veterans in order to more or less force the coach to play the guys I rbought in to fix problems.

Bricklayer said:
The problem with him is would he get any time for us? There's always an element of "playing the coach" involved in acquisitions (and here I'm assuming Rick is back). Doesn't matter who we pick up if the coach won't play him. Personally, if I were the Kings GM I would be tempted intentionally starve the team of depth and offensive minded veterans in order to more or less force the coach to play the guys I brought in to fix problems.
Well, from what I've seen from him, he could bring an boost to our rebounding , and the general scrappy play that our current roster is lacking. The dude plays balls out every time he gets on the floor. Not really offensive-minded.

The Kings desperatly need a back-up center or starting center that can rebound and is a "bruiser."

Reggie Evans
Jerome James
Donyell Marshall(a good PF)
Kwame Brown
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(too much money though)
Tyson Chandler

Bricklayer

KingCookie said:
Well, from what I've seen from him, he could bring an boost to our rebounding , and the general scrappy play that our current roster is lacking. The dude plays balls out every time he gets on the floor. Not really offensive-minded.
That's the problem. Despite what people think, Rick Adelman's record as a coach is remarkable. Before he's done he's literally going to be one of the 10 winningest coaches of all time. But I absolutely do NOT trust him to play defensive role players without offensive skill -- he doesn't "get" them at some level. The beauty of Doug and a younger Bobby were that they could play both sides well enough so as not to offend rick's offensive sensibilities. The only guy who really has been successful getting minutes without offense was Scot Pollard, and Rick's confidence in him was freqently shaky.

Larry Hughes is not a great one-on-one defender. He is, though, a tremendous help defender and plays passing lanes very well. All his steals are off of playing the passing lanes, which would be something new to the kings :) However, he is not as good a one-on-one defender. I would still love to have him on the Kings. He can fit into our system very well but still be able to take his man to the rim (again, something new to the kings).

KingCookie said:

Yeah, but have you seen him dunk? :eek: :confused:

Seriously, we should get Swift/Miller from Memphis for Williamson/Mobley/Skinner

Peja, Kenny, and Darius for KG and two other not so good wolves players.

Cuttino for artest

Corliss and skinner/or otag for any decent sf, you decide

PG Mike and Bobby
SG Artest and Evans
SF the one u decided, and draft pick
PF Carlos Boozer (free agent) and Skinner/or Otag
C KG and Miller

Wow.

Last edited:
If we learned one thing last night it's that you have to hold onto your own young talent. We found Evans, resign him. This kid is going to be good. He's already dealt with pressure winning championships in Italy and further showed that last night.