OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Greg Ostertag said:
What about:

Peja
Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson

for

Andrei Kirilenko
Gordan Giricek

AK would single-handedly change the look of out defense. He gives us a lock down defender on the win and in the post. A guy that can get blocks with ease and get some steals. Sure, we probably give a lot, but AK is also an improved offensive threat. I think the Kings would bite on this one. Giricek gives us some security if Mobley bolts for nothing and/or if we are unable to resign Mo Evans.
I would LOVE to get AK. The problem is that he may be essentially untouchable. If they'd had a successful season, I would say that he 100% was -- the franchise player. But maybe there's a little hope given their struggles. Just hard to see Jerry Sloan parting with his ultimate Sloan player.

Mobley and Thomas for Artest and Pollard

if the kings can work a sign and trade for mobley, that would be a best case scenario... the pacers need someone to replace reggie miller and would love to get rid of Pollards contract... if the kings could send mobley and another big body (either Thomas, Skinner, Corliss or Ostertag) i think the pacers may bite on the trade because larry bird and rick carlile have grown tired of artest act... and they would get rid of pollards $6.5 mil contract

the kings would get a defensive stopper in artest and being back in sacto may revive pollards career... it's a big gamble, but one i think is worth while for the defense deprived kings

I think a trade that would help the Kings

The Kings trade:

Cuttino Mobley (resigned for 6.5 mil.)
Bobby Jackson
23rd overall pick in this years draft

to

Cleveland who trades:

Zydrunas Ilgauskas (resigned for 9-10 mil a year)

Why the Kings do it:

The Kings get an All-star center who will be a force in the paint and the post. That and it allows Miller to move to PF, which is a better fit I believe.

Why the Cavs do it:

Mobley isn't too bad of a backup plan if the Cavs can't swing Ray Allen or Redd, which I predict they won't. Plus in Bobby they get a definate upgrade of McInnis.

Other moves:

Sign back Mo Evans and Eddie House split the MLE.
New starting line-up:

PG: Bibby / House
SG: Evans / Martin
SF: Peja / Williamson
PF: Miller / Thomas
C: Big Z / Skinner / Ostertag

Getting Z from the Cavs doesn't improve us a hell of a lot. Sure he gives us big body in the pain that will block and alter shots. He can also score but we would end up being one of the slowest teams in the league with no athletic ability especially in the low post.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Personally, I think I'd rather have the #23 pick than Big Z for 9-10 mill a year. Not to mention throwing in Bobby too. Talent is coming into the league every year. Older players are always going to be losing value while younger players are gaining value. If the best strategy is always to 'buy low and sell high' we'd be better off dumping some of our guys for draft picks and then letting them 'grow up' around Bibby, Peja, and Brad. There's no rush with those three, so why not execute a plan that will make the team better for longer rather than one which will make the team better for a short time and then worse after that?

PS - Ike Diogu is rocketing up the mock drafts. I guess he's impressing some people with workouts. Can't let a post go by in this thread without throwing his name out there some more.

hrdboild

Staff member
Bricklayer said:
I would LOVE to get AK. The problem is that he may be essentially untouchable. If they'd had a successful season, I would say that he 100% was -- the franchise player. But maybe there's a little hope given their struggles. Just hard to see Jerry Sloan parting with his ultimate Sloan player.
That's the thing. If Utah finds themselves sitting in the league dungeon again half way through next season, I wonder if they'll start looking to move those big contracts them have for expiring ones. But even if they did, I think Okur is first to go and Boozer is second. They can dump everyone else and still keep AK because he's young and he does it all. He's the perfect franchise player. AK doing his thing on the Kings would be a beautiful thing, but that's pretty high up the list of unlikely scenarios unfortunately.

G

godsthename

If i were the kings gm this would be the team

Pg Bibby
Sg Peterson
Sf Stojakovic
Pf Miller
C Dalembert

Bench
Pg House
Sg Jackson
Sf Marshall
Pf Radmanovic
C Ostertag

How you ask?
Seattle does a sign and trade, trading RADMANOVIC for Kenny Thomas. Seattle does this because ray allen signs with indiana and Radmanovic is going to leave anyway so seattle would like something in return plus he would like to team up with peja and be known as the serbian assasins.

How we get Peterson and marshall? Marshall does a sign and trade and in return toronto recieves Skinner, williamson, and a promising player in maurice evans.

Dalembert? we sign him as a free agent cause after cuttino opts out we have cap space.

This will be a totally different team and one that i think people would come to love. This team could play D and still get out and run. With adding dalembert the team brings in a promising young and promising center. Peterson tore it up in toronto once vince was gone and he would do the same with the kings. This would let miller go back to pf were he could play at the foul line and distribute the ball like webber once did.

This team would be deep and we would be champs.

hmm...........doesn't sound too bad. I would really like to see Dalembert on the team. I think he would give us a good inside presence. The only center I would like to have more would be Ben Wallace but we know that isn't going to happen. :D

If you were the Kings GM, we'd be in a world of trouble...

godsthename said:
How you ask?
Seattle does a sign and trade, trading RADMANOVIC for Kenny Thomas.
They'd never do that.

godsthename said:
Seattle does this because ray allen signs with indiana and Radmanovic is going to leave anyway so seattle would like something in return plus he would like to team up with peja and be known as the serbian assasins.
Indiana can offer Ray Allen the MLE, which is about 40% of the starting salary he's looking for.

godsthename said:
How we get Peterson and marshall? Marshall does a sign and trade and in return toronto recieves Skinner, williamson, and a promising player in maurice evans.
I'll bet Toronto doesn't want any of those three and I guarantee we don't want Peterson.

godsthename said:
Dalembert? we sign him as a free agent cause after cuttino opts out we have cap space.
Not only do we not have any cap space, but we're about $13 million over the cap. Dalembert is a restricted free agent, the Sixers can match any offer he gets.

Well If I were the GM...

Bibby
Kittles (MLE)
Peja
PJ Brown
Brad

PG- House (Or maybe someone else you could get for the league minimum like Tyronn Lue, Howard Eisley, etc...)
SG- Evans
SF- Corliss
PF- Darius
C- Skinner
6- Tag
7- Martin

You bring in Kittles with the MLE (he is making more now but has had a few down seasons) and would probably gladly take a full MLE for 3 or 4 years.

You trade Kenny and Bjax for PJ Brown. In the East, Kenny can play the PF position on most nights and could fill the void left by PJ. Plus, New Orleans is desperate for a new PG after trading Baron. We might need to take on another player to make salaries work. PJ would be perfect. Good size, great defender and rebounder, does not demand the ball. He would fit well alongside Brad. Losing Bjax is hard to swallow, but with his low salary and good value around the league, he is about the only way to move KT.

As far as back up PG, I love House, but I would like to see us make a run at more of a real point guard who might be available at the league minimum, say Eisley or Lue.

I am not all that happy with Corliss as Peja's backup, but I don't see how we can move him in this scenario, and he will at least provide solid minutes.

If you can convince someone like Kittles to take somewhat less than the MLE, you could bring back Barnes too.

Kev.in pretty much said everything I was going to. Not only do we have no chance at landing Radman, Dalembert, but Mo would have to agree to a S&T to Toronto, and Marshall to Sac. Allen will not be going to Indiana. lol I dunno where that one came from. Overall, very unrealistic (good wish though, except the part about Mo Peterson, who I can guarantee we do not want). Though I'd love to have Dalembert on the Kings, it just won't happen.

As for Rainman's proposal. While realistic in terms of other teams agree to the deal/ Kittles signing for the MLE, I don't think the Kings do it. It doesn't make them any better at all IMO.

A

AriesMar27

^^^that, and the hornets are a westernconf. team now.... so he'd still be to small to plat pf most nights....

Here's a scenario that I posted on RealGM

Trade 1:
Kings trade:
Cuttino Mobley (S&T; starting around 7.5 mil)

get:
James Posey

Why? James is a solid role player/ good defender that we could use. He could start for us at the 2 guard, since I think we need a role player like we had in Doug at the 2, as long as we keep Peja, Bibby, Brad). Cuttino agrees to this after finding slim pickin's in FA with all the solid SGs available

Grizzlies trade:
Lorenzen Wright
James Posey

get:
Zydrunas Illgauskus (resigned around 9.5-10 million)
Future 2nd rounder

Why? With Stro most likely on his way out, the Grizz could use a big man. Z is one of the top Cs in the league (probably top 10). While not a great defender, he'll get them 2+bpg. His 7'3 frame should also be useful when paired with Gasol, who both have solid inside, outside games. With the 2nd, Jerry West can find a steal in a future draft.

Cavs trade:
Z
2nd rounder

get:
Cuttino Mobley
Lorenzen Wright

Why? Since they are under the cap this works capwise. If they are unable to sign a star SG, Mobley could be a nice piece. He's a good 2nd option to LeBron, could average around 17-18ppg. He also gives them a legitimate 3pt threat which they don't have(one of the top 3pt% in the league). If Z is asking for more then they want to pay him, they do this deal to get a solid replacement in LoWright.

Trade 2:

Kings trade:
Bobby Jackson

Boston trades:
Marcus Banks
Trade Exception

Why for Kings? Yes Bobby J is a sparkplug, but he is also getting older. Banks gives solid young PG. He's a quick player, good defender, and can hit the open jumper. Banks is 8 years younger and has potential. Bobby will probably leave after next season to get a starting job/deserved pay raise.

Why for Boston? I'm not sure what the status is on GP, but Bobby J will give them a solid scoring and rebounding PG. He can also make plays. Bobby J gets to go somewhere where he can start. When he becomes a FA, they have Delonte West waiting in the wings.

Draft

#18: Select Danny Granger (6'8, 225lbs SF) http://draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=86 (here's his draftcity profile)

Why? Well I admit I haven't seen him play, but I'm liking what I'm reading (though he would also need to impress at workouts). He's a team player, good court vision, good defense (Best Case Scenario is: Rashard Lewis on offense, Josh Howard on D ..if he could live up to that that'd be great).
** Well apparently Granger's stock has risen. If that's the case, we still move up in the draft and can still draft a solid player.

FA:

Resign Mo Evans - 3 year deal (Starting at ~2.3 million; which is probably around his market value)

Resign Darius Songaila to a 2 year deal (if he opts out) (starting at 3.2 million)
Sign Dan Gadzuric with the MLE (4.9 mil starting for 4 seasons)
- Gives us an interior shot blocker. Though I'm not sure if Milwaukee matches, which they might. Then I say we go after Chris Andersen.

Sign Toni Kukoc with the LLE for 1 season
- Past his prime, but can shoot, dribble, pass, just like the Kings like

Resign Eddie House (around league minimum for 1 season)
- Eddie would be the just in case of injury PG/ split some minutes with Banks

Trade 3:

Kings trade:
Corliss Williamson

get:
Ron Mercer (if he picks up his option)
Trade Exception

Why for the Kings? Well with the glut of big guys, they get an expiring deal. Another cap saving move.

Why for the Nets: They could use a low post presence. Corliss would most likely be a 6th man for then backing up SF and PF (probably whoever they sign with their MLE). They don't really care about cap with Jkidd, VC, and Jefferson taking up 35+ mil alone.

Lineup:
PG - Bibby/ Banks/ Houst
SG - Posey/ Evans/ Martin
SF - Peja/ Kukoc/ Granger or another draftee (not necessarily a SF though)
PF - Kenny Thomas/ Songaila/ (Skinner)
C - Brad Miller/ Dan Gadzuric/ Skinner

Overview:
PG - Bibby is still the man, with Banks looking at some solid minutes at backup. House will be there when injuries occur. Sadly, they have become a yearly expectation for the Kings
SG - Posey gives the Kings some (gasp) defense. Evans role will still be a sparkplug off the bench. I'm sure he'd accept a 2.3 mil deal. Martin still waiting in the wings.
SF - Peja will hopefully return to old form. Kukoc gives the Kings a savvy vet. Probably wouldn't see major minutes, but would be solid in giving Peja a breather
PF - KEnny and Songaila again. Though honestly I'd rather see a better PF here, I'm not sure who would be realistically attainable. Skinner would log in some 5th big guy type minutes
C - Miller could swing to PF at times with Dan Gad at C. I like Gadzurics play. Rebounds and blocks shots -- a couple things we need.

Yea, it's flawed, but I think this team has a lot more veteran leadership and role players that the Kings need. This wouldn't put them into title contention or anything, but would make them a viable 4-5 seed in the West, esp. if Bibby, Peja, Brad step it up next year.

^^ I like that line-up but where is Ron Mercer that you said about? Also, i would like to see a better PF for a trade with Kenny Thomas and that will be a good line-up. I like James posey but I just don't want to risk it because of James posey and Peja inncident last year. Remember?

Greg Ostertag said:
Here's a scenario that I posted on RealGM

Trade 1:
Kings trade:
Cuttino Mobley (S&T; starting around 7.5 mil)

get:
James Posey

Why? James is a solid role player/ good defender that we could use. He could start for us at the 2 guard, since I think we need a role player like we had in Doug at the 2, as long as we keep Peja, Bibby, Brad). Cuttino agrees to this after finding slim pickin's in FA with all the solid SGs available

Grizzlies trade:
Lorenzen Wright
James Posey

get:
Zydrunas Illgauskus (resigned around 9.5-10 million)
Future 2nd rounder

Why? With Stro most likely on his way out, the Grizz could use a big man. Z is one of the top Cs in the league (probably top 10). While not a great defender, he'll get them 2+bpg. His 7'3 frame should also be useful when paired with Gasol, who both have solid inside, outside games. With the 2nd, Jerry West can find a steal in a future draft.

Cavs trade:
Z
2nd rounder

get:
Cuttino Mobley
Lorenzen Wright

Why? Since they are under the cap this works capwise. If they are unable to sign a star SG, Mobley could be a nice piece. He's a good 2nd option to LeBron, could average around 17-18ppg. He also gives them a legitimate 3pt threat which they don't have(one of the top 3pt% in the league). If Z is asking for more then they want to pay him, they do this deal to get a solid replacement in LoWright.

Trade 2:

Kings trade:
Bobby Jackson

Boston trades:
Marcus Banks
Trade Exception

Why for Kings? Yes Bobby J is a sparkplug, but he is also getting older. Banks gives solid young PG. He's a quick player, good defender, and can hit the open jumper. Banks is 8 years younger and has potential. Bobby will probably leave after next season to get a starting job/deserved pay raise.

Why for Boston? I'm not sure what the status is on GP, but Bobby J will give them a solid scoring and rebounding PG. He can also make plays. Bobby J gets to go somewhere where he can start. When he becomes a FA, they have Delonte West waiting in the wings.

Draft

#18: Select Danny Granger (6'8, 225lbs SF) http://draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=86 (here's his draftcity profile)

Why? Well I admit I haven't seen him play, but I'm liking what I'm reading (though he would also need to impress at workouts). He's a team player, good court vision, good defense (Best Case Scenario is: Rashard Lewis on offense, Josh Howard on D ..if he could live up to that that'd be great).
** Well apparently Granger's stock has risen. If that's the case, we still move up in the draft and can still draft a solid player.

FA:

Resign Mo Evans - 3 year deal (Starting at ~2.3 million; which is probably around his market value)

Resign Darius Songaila to a 2 year deal (if he opts out) (starting at 3.2 million)
Sign Dan Gadzuric with the MLE (4.9 mil starting for 4 seasons)
- Gives us an interior shot blocker. Though I'm not sure if Milwaukee matches, which they might. Then I say we go after Chris Andersen.

Sign Toni Kukoc with the LLE for 1 season
- Past his prime, but can shoot, dribble, pass, just like the Kings like

Resign Eddie House (around league minimum for 1 season)
- Eddie would be the just in case of injury PG/ split some minutes with Banks

Trade 3:

Kings trade:
Corliss Williamson

get:
Ron Mercer (if he picks up his option)
Trade Exception

Why for the Kings? Well with the glut of big guys, they get an expiring deal. Another cap saving move.

Why for the Nets: They could use a low post presence. Corliss would most likely be a 6th man for then backing up SF and PF (probably whoever they sign with their MLE). They don't really care about cap with Jkidd, VC, and Jefferson taking up 35+ mil alone.

Lineup:
PG - Bibby/ Banks/ Houst
SG - Posey/ Evans/ Martin
SF - Peja/ Kukoc/ Granger or another draftee (not necessarily a SF though)
PF - Kenny Thomas/ Songaila/ (Skinner)
C - Brad Miller/ Dan Gadzuric/ Skinner

Overview:
PG - Bibby is still the man, with Banks looking at some solid minutes at backup. House will be there when injuries occur. Sadly, they have become a yearly expectation for the Kings
SG - Posey gives the Kings some (gasp) defense. Evans role will still be a sparkplug off the bench. I'm sure he'd accept a 2.3 mil deal. Martin still waiting in the wings.
SF - Peja will hopefully return to old form. Kukoc gives the Kings a savvy vet. Probably wouldn't see major minutes, but would be solid in giving Peja a breather
PF - KEnny and Songaila again. Though honestly I'd rather see a better PF here, I'm not sure who would be realistically attainable. Skinner would log in some 5th big guy type minutes
C - Miller could swing to PF at times with Dan Gad at C. I like Gadzurics play. Rebounds and blocks shots -- a couple things we need.

Yea, it's flawed, but I think this team has a lot more veteran leadership and role players that the Kings need. This wouldn't put them into title contention or anything, but would make them a viable 4-5 seed in the West, esp. if Bibby, Peja, Brad step it up next year.
I like it to.

All I would do differently is to draft a good, solid PF instead of a backup for Peja. I say we keep Corliss because he brings in post presence and solid rebounding.

From the original post, Dalembert is the only one I would want. Peterson is soft (not that our entire team isn't), and Marshall is a disaster...way too inconsistent. I would never want to give up a hard-working athlete like Evans for a head-case like Marshall.

hrdboild

Staff member
Pejahoops, that's a pretty good plan except the options at PF stink. Then again, you've addressed most everything else getting us a shot blocking backup center (who I would probably start alongside Miller), a backup PG to replace Bobby, a defensive SG, and some solid backup at the SF spot. I guess it makes sense to address as many problems as you can considering we probably can't build the perfect team in one offseason.

I was just wondering, isn't this what the trade thread is for?

hrdboild said:
Pejahoops, that's a pretty good plan except the options at PF stink. Then again, you've addressed most everything else getting us a shot blocking backup center (who I would probably start alongside Miller), a backup PG to replace Bobby, a defensive SG, and some solid backup at the SF spot. I guess it makes sense to address as many problems as you can considering we probably can't build the perfect team in one offseason.

I was just wondering, isn't this what the trade thread is for?
Well ..actually it was my plan. But it's all good ;) . And yea, this is what the trade thread was for and actually what I was thinking when I posted. But then I figured that since the first poster posted his "ideal" plan, then I'd post one that I think could be a bit realistic.

AriesMar27 said:
^^^that, and the hornets are a westernconf. team now.... so he'd still be to small to plat pf most nights....
Good point- Still takes some getting used to that the Hornets are in the West, especially since they are located in NEW ORLEANS

I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm not reading every post lol. With Mobley opting out we don't have cap space. Last week on Grant and Mikes show they said not counting Mobley the kinds were committed for 58 mill already next year. The cap is 43 and change or something. So, no we don't have cap space. Only if we want to get taxed more for the luxury tax can we just go out and sign someone with no trade.