OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
bbb said:
While I can't think of a legit trade for Miller at this time, I am curious as to people's response to this and what you think would be a fair trade for him

bbb
here's the thing though -- you can trade Peja and the Kings remain the Kings. He's not necessary to run our offense with -- he's the recipient of it, but not the creator. But if you trade Brad, then you have to get back another big player who can run the offense in return, or you have to largely scrap the entire Princeton high post offense we've been run for the past 5 years. Now you may want to do that anyway, may be worth it, but that is a major consideration you have to take into account before moving Brad unless you actually do trade him for KG or whatever.

The other x-factor is Bibby. After he lost Webb and Brad right aafter the trade, he was never himself this season, and it really emphasized what I think many already knew -- he is at his best working off of a big man who can chare the creative role, play the two man game, pick and roll etc. So again, if you trade Brad you have to get back somebody who provide those things for Mike, or not only have you traded away Brad, you have also lessened the effectiveness of your PG as well.

Bricklayer

hrdboild said:
Alright, I'm going to give it another go-round. Call this version 3.0.
Eh..Donyell Marshall and Marko Jaric are not even remotely going to get us back into contention, and since both are FAs and likely available with the exception, doing sign and trades to get them both seems like a waste of resources that could be used to get a player or players who could make a major difference.

Bricklayer said:
here's the thing though -- you can trade Peja and the Kings remain the Kings. He's not necessary to run our offense with -- he's the recipient of it, but not the creator. But if you trade Brad, then you have to get back another big player who can run the offense in return, or you have to largely scrap the entire Princeton high post offense we've been run for the past 5 years. Now you may want to do that anyway, may be worth it, but that is a major consideration you have to take into account before moving Brad unless you actually do trade him for KG or whatever.

The other x-factor is Bibby. After he lost Webb and Brad right aafter the trade, he was never himself this season, and it really emphasized what I think many already knew -- he is at his best working off of a big man who can chare the creative role, play the two man game, pick and roll etc. So again, if you trade Brad you have to get back somebody who provide those things for Mike, or not only have you traded away Brad, you have also lessened the effectiveness of your PG as well.

If you continue to attack Peja I am afraid that Bibby will be kicked out like Chriss was. If you don't know anything about bball Petrie knows.
Peja is not necessary????? He is only 3-time All Star on this team do you think that people were crazy to choose him 3 times into West All Star team????
But that is how it looks when everybody writes on this forum.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well then you're a good deal more optimistic than I am about what kind of talent is available for the pieces we have to trade with. We have to so sign and trades because we can't split the MLE between those three players. Bobby is leaving anyway. Kenny Thomas doesn't really help us and makes too much for a bench player. And Skinner is wasted as a third PF off the bench. You could try to rebuild the team from scratch by looking for a big defensive center guy to pair with Bibby. Basically what every team in the league is looking for. Or you could find guys that play to our strengths. Jaric and Marshall may not be stars at their respective positions, but they play the team game which is what the Kings are all about. Not to mention we would have three solid role-players coming off the bench in Evans, Williams, and Anderson. And all of those players are available. And we dump Kenny Thomas' contract on a team that probably wouldn't mind having him. I think this is a pretty realistic scenario for improving the team.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

VladeWasOurSoul said:
If you continue to attack Peja I am afraid that Bibby will be kicked out like Chriss was. If you don't know anything about bball Petrie knows.
Peja is not necessary????? He is only 3-time All Star on this team do you think that people were crazy to choose him 3 times into West All Star team????
But that is how it looks when everybody writes on this forum.
I'm not even entirely sure what this rant is susposed to be saying, but I'm going to assume it stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of the point I was making, and perhaps a lack of understanding of the Princeton offense as well.

BTW, what the hell does "If you continue to attack Peja I am afraid that Bibby will be kicked out like Chris was." mean? That's a nifty nightmare scenario of which I am an author, but hardly something you want to be admitting to or even implying as a Peja booster.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Jaric would be a very good fit for us. I mentioned before he is a poor man's Doug Christie. He can play both guard positions and is a very good passer and a very solid defender. He is the sort of player that would provide us with a fair bit of flexibility in the backcourt. He could start as a SG and also play as a PG. We could get him for a MLE and I feel he would be what we need from a SG. The negatives are that Clippers like him and he is a restricted free agent. Also with his history with injuries he would be some sort of a risk.

If we could get a quality PF or C using Mobley in a sign and trade deal it would be great.

People keep mentioning Artest and KG but lets be honest the chances of those 2 players being available are pretty slim. With Artest's absence this season INdy has just realised how important he is to them, especially considering they have a coach who loves defence. He has some serious baggage and some people say he would never go down that path again but if thats true why would Indy trade best defender in the league and a solid scorer when he fit perfectly into their system?????

IF KG is up for grabs, then there are other teams who could put up a better package than we could and if we are to get him by some silly chance then we would have to part with all 3 of Bibby, Peja and Miller plus draft pick and get KG and a fair bit of overpaid dead wood in return. How exactly does that help us in the long run?????

People should also realise that Petrie will have his work cut out in getting this franchise around into a serious contender. There is a fiar possibility that this "rebuilding process" might not be a one off-season type job. It might require a bit longer than a lot of people are expecting.

What do you guys think about Dahntay Jones from the Grizzlies? He is 6'6", great athleticism, quick, solid defender. His shooting isn't great but that can be worked on. If we do indeed keep Mo, it might be pointless to go after him since he does posess the same qualities. But if we do in fact go after him, he probably wouldn't cost us much since it seems Memphis is stacked at the 2 and 3 positions.

Mobley + Bobby for Ron Artest + Pacer
Brian Skinner + Corliss Willamson for Q. Brown from Wizards.
Sign Matt Barnes

New line up
Bibby/House
Artest/Mo Evans/K. Martin
Peja/Matt Barnes
Miller/Kevin Thomas
Q. Brown/G. Ostertag

supafly said:
Mobley + Bobby for Ron Artest + Pacer
Brian Skinner + Corliss Willamson for Q. Brown from Wizards.
Sign Matt Barnes

New line up
Bibby/House
Artest/Mo Evans/K. Martin
Peja/Matt Barnes
Miller/Kevin Thomas
Q. Brown/G. Ostertag
First of all, if you want to create trades you have to get the player's name right. Kevin Thomas is actually Kenny Thomas. AND it is not Q. Brown, it is K.Brown. Your trades also do not make any sense.

Even if they did work salary cap wise...the Pacers simply would not do that trade. They wouldn't do a Peja/Artest swap, especially now that their play shows how much they miss him. They sure as h*ll wouldn't do a trade for Bobby/Mobley if they wouldn't even do one for Peja

F

Fillmoe

i wonder if Detroit would want anyone for Darko........ they dont use him anyways....... Tag for Darko is fine with me...... LOL

Fillmoe said:
i wonder if Detroit would want anyone for Darko........ they dont use him anyways....... Tag for Darko is fine with me...... LOL
If they were going to trade Darko(I highly doubt it though) I would offer Bobby Jackson. I could actually see Jackson in Detriot he would fit in perfect with that team.

mbkings10 said:
What do you guys think about Dahntay Jones from the Grizzlies? He is 6'6", great athleticism, quick, solid defender. His shooting isn't great but that can be worked on. If we do indeed keep Mo, it might be pointless to go after him since he does posess the same qualities. But if we do in fact go after him, he probably wouldn't cost us much since it seems Memphis is stacked at the 2 and 3 positions.
word on the street is, once the griz are done mopping the roster this post season, dahntay jones is one of the 3-4 griz most likely to stay.. they are very enamored with him

bbb said:
I agree with Entity that our backcourt is great and that our biggest weakness is our frontcourt toughness/rebounding/etc. However, the MIN/SAC trade is ridiculous. If we were to trade with MIN, we would have to give up some sourt of combination of Bibby/Peja/Miller (some would even say we would have to give up all 3). Plus, we won't have the high draft picks that MIN would want in a trade. Remember, they would do this trade to have a brighter future, and be competitive in the short-term (IN THAT ORDER). If they just wanted to remain quasi-contenders, they would keep KG and put scrub players around him. I just don't see any KG trades going though at this point...

However, I like the idea of trading Miller (not that I like the idea, just that I would rather have him go than Bibby or Peja). I used to be in the camp of "TRADE PEJA," but after thinking about it, Miller seems to be the odd man out. Our backcourt is great with Bibby and Peja (though I want another SG), but our frontcourt is SOOOO weak, and that starts with Miller. I love the guy, but he plays no defense, doesn't rebound as well as he should, and is only a good offensive player. We have enough of those players already. Trading him would only be a good idea if we could get a dominant LOW-post player who can play outside (as opposed to yet another high post player who can't post up to save his life). That would create the necessary spacing for Peja and Bibby to shoot and, yes, even Peja, drive past the closing out defenders.

While I can't think of a legit trade for Miller at this time, I am curious as to people's response to this and what you think would be a fair trade for him

bbb
Some would say you may have to give up all 3 but they are WRONG!!!

I didn't say we would do this trade, just that we would NEED to include all three in order to do the trade. Honestly, I don't think either team would do this trade. MIN would just become what we were, a middle of the road playoff team (at least that would be their perspective). Also, they wouldn't be getting any great young players or high draft picks from us. On our end, many would think that we would be giving up too much for KG.

Bricklayer

Fillmoe said:
how are they wrong? back up your statement please............
I think it could probably be done with 2 of the three + goodies, if there's even a deal to be made. KGs valuable, very valuable, but I can't think of the last time any player was traded for the entire core of another team, and I doubt any team would put an offer on the table for THAT much.

bbb said:
I didn't say we would do this trade, just that we would NEED to include all three in order to do the trade. Honestly, I don't think either team would do this trade. MIN would just become what we were, a middle of the road playoff team (at least that would be their perspective). Also, they wouldn't be getting any great young players or high draft picks from us. On our end, many would think that we would be giving up too much for KG.
Don't forget we were "middle of the road" but the T'wolves were way off on a dirt road somewhere. If we traded away Peja, Bibby, and Miller we would probably not make the playoffs either.

And as Brick said. I could see 2 of the 3 moved but NEVER all 3. Shaq was traded and he wasn't traded for Wade, Odom, and Eddie Jones last I recall. That would basically be the same thing and I am quite positive Shaq has the best chance out of any player in the league of taking a teams core if that was possible.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Well, Shaq was getting old while KG is still in his prime, so I suspect KG would be worth more. But not all three of those guys more. Actually I think he MIGHT be worth nearly that much in terms of wins and losses, but its hard to see any team putting that much on the table in that form (established players) -- hard to get better that way. Young developing guys + draft picks + a near All-Star or two is possible.

Bricklayer said:
Well, Shaq was getting old while KG is still in his prime, so I suspect KG would be worth more. But not all three of those guys more. Actually I think he MIGHT be worth nearly that much in terms of wins and losses, but its hard to see any team putting that much on the table in that form (established players) -- hard to get better that way. Young developing guys + draft picks + a near All-Star or two is possible.
I think if any team had a choice for Shaq (even old Shaq) or KG they would take the Diesel. Myself, I would take KG, but I still think Shaq would be worth more in the eyes of owners.

SacTownKid said:
I think if any team had a choice for Shaq (even old Shaq) or KG they would take the Diesel. Myself, I would take KG, but I still think Shaq would be worth more in the eyes of owners.
KG is in his prime while Shaq is on his way down. It'd come down to what kind of team you want to build.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
I think that ship may have just sailed. Shaq is now officially (in VF21's official opinion ;) ) on the way down. His contract is more than the budget of a lot of third world countries and he's not even able to fill his home arena for the playoffs. Granted, Miami is somewhat unique but the point is that Shaquille O'Neal is now the graying leading man, not the handsome romantic lead. (And no, for the record, I'm not saying he's handsome. It's strictly a metaphor...)

The only good year Shaq will have left as far as his contract goes is the last one, when the huge amount of expiring salary could make him very desirable.

This was a great thread. I don't think I've ever seen one this long :)

I think we can all agree to disagree on what exactly the Kings want and need. However, we all can agree to have faith in Petrie and root on our team no matter what decisions are made.

Get well, Geoff!!!

Memphis is pretty high on Battier. I don't know if they would want to give up both Battier AND Posey. I would love to have both those players though.

CaminoChaos said:
sign and trade mobely and package him with williamson or thomas for battier and posey
I'm all for this, but Memphis isn't unless they're trading some of their other depth for KG (and considering that there's rumors of JWill for Cassell maybe they will get something done).

We would maybe have to throw in Bobby or our pick this year. I don't know, but I would like to have either of those two starting at 2 guard next year.

Kings/Jazz deal?

What about:

Peja
Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson

for

Andrei Kirilenko
Gordan Giricek

AK would single-handedly change the look of out defense. He gives us a lock down defender on the win and in the post. A guy that can get blocks with ease and get some steals. Sure, we probably give a lot, but AK is also an improved offensive threat. I think the Kings would bite on this one. Giricek gives us some security if Mobley bolts for nothing and/or if we are unable to resign Mo Evans.