OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
I've mentioned before with KG, that if he is on the market I cannot imagine apackage we could put together for him not involving 2 of our so-called Big Three. Which would be fine by me since I think players at their level can be replaced a lot easier than a talent like KG can be acquired. But nonetheless, hard to imagine any of them, when combined with some of our bad midlevel contracts, being the best offer the Wolves would get.
I know, but I'm going to continue to replay the daydream right up until July 1, when reality will most likely begin to rear its ugly head...

;)

Right now, I'm going to drift over to realgm..

OMG. I actually am thinking about a trade proposal...

:eek:

kingkung said:
Bibby and RJ, Arizona reunion! I guess they didn't even play together, but oh well. We should add Jason Gardner and Mike Dunleavy and Salim (?) Stoudamire.
Dunleavy played at Duke. You're probably thinking of Luke Walton

Doesn't KG have a MASSIVE contract? I'm really not into looking at salaries, so I try not to make any hard trade suggestions. I was wondering exactly how much we would have to give up to give him. Of course, there is the argument that nothing is too much to give up for him. I find myself wanting to lean that way at times. Of course if that were really true, wouldn't he have made it out of round 1 more than once and definitely made it out of the second round at least once?

I think I found out a good trade with Denver:

Kings get: Marcus Camby
Edura Najera
Nene

Denver gets:Kenny Thomas
Brain Skinner
Corliss Williamson

RealGM said it works. Do you guys like this ttrade?

I would love it.

I think Denver might have a problem with it. No way would they go for it. Like start laughing and hang up the phone type stuff.

Bballkingsrock said:

Edura Najera
Nene

Brain Skinner
Corliss Williamson

Najera on the Kings? Interesting. I had not thought about him. He does bring toughness, but I don't know if I can see him in a Kings uni. It should help rebounding, but what about blocked shots?

zeke04 said:
I would love it.

I think Denver might have a problem with it. No way would they go for it. Like start laughing and hang up the phone type stuff.
Not really. Marcus Camby is injury prone and Najera gets too much fouls and is worth a lot of money.

They get a solid PF Kenny Thomas who can go inside and score form perimeter. Brain Skinner who play nasty defense and block shots. And Corliss who can go inside and post up ver well.

Kings wil get a very defensive player. he was theird in Defenseive Playr of the year. Najera is the tough guy thta hte Kings need. And nene who can do defenseive and post up good. he can also post up.

Bballkingsrock said:

Edura Najera
Nene

Brain Skinner
Corliss Williamson

Why would Denver do this??

chelle said:
Najera on the Kings? Interesting. I had not thought about him. He does bring toughness, but I don't know if I can see him in a Kings uni. It should help rebounding, but what about blocked shots?
Marcus Camby can block shots..........

While Camby has been injury prone he was one of the major reason that team turned things around when Karl took over, add Nene a nice young player with talent and right there I don't see why Denver would do this.

zeke04 said:
While Camby has been injury prone he was one of the major reason that team turned things around when Karl took over, add Nene a nice young player with talent and right there I don't see why Denver would do this.
Well, as I said in my last post here are the cons of the players:

- Macus Camby is injury prone
- Najera is worth a lot of money
- Najera gets quick fouls and does T's sometimes
- Nene is a ver slow person
- Marcus camby is worth a lot of money as well
- Nene is also kind of injury prone and misses shots that he should make sometimes

Here are the pros of the payers they are getting:

- Kenny Thomas can go inside and is a solid PF who can also play D
- Kenny can also hit the perimeter shot pretty well
- Corliss is good because he can post up pretty well and is a strong player
- Corliss also has experience in the NBA so he teach the young players on that team and is a former 6th man of the year.
- Bain Skinner can block like crazy!
- Skinner can also be a good rebounder as well

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There's no way Denver makes that trade. If there's one unofficial rule in the league it's this: you don't trade an established big man without getting one back. Denver giving up two of them for three undersized forwards? Yeah right.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Here, how about this one...This is the Denver trade I've been throwing out.

Nene, Camby, Najera

For

Miller, Thomas, draft pick.

Salries work, and for analysis, go back and read one of earlier posts...(pg. 20 or 21.)

SLAB said:
Here, how about this one...This is the Denver trade I've been throwing out.

Nene, Camby, Najera

For

Miller, Thomas, draft pick.

Salries work, and for analysis, go back and read one of earlier posts...(pg. 20 or 21.)
The problem with trading Brad is that he is a peremiter threat.

None of those players can shoot the ball like him.

Bballkingsrock said:

Edura Najera
Nene

Brain Skinner
Corliss Williamson

Just because RealGM says it works doesn't mean it is a good trade. Camby is a great defensive player and is almost untouchable as Anthony on the Denver team. He is basically the whole defense and I don't see us getting Camby without giving up Miller. Plus they will not trade Nene unless they get a good shooting guard like a Cuttino Mobley. So in essance they are getting an undersized center, a back up undersized power foward making starters money, and Corliss for their best defensive player, a big man with lots of potential, and a scrappy bench player. I don't think Denver would do this trade unless we gave them Miller.

I just saw an article on yahoo, which states that Memphis might clean the house, or much of it. This means that Stromile Swift, Lorenzen Wright, and even Pau Gasol might be on the block. Pau would be amazing (which will make 4 of the starting 5 Kings jump-shooting no-defense white boy softies), but I don't know how the other two play. Thoughts?

I like Swift the best of the three- his numbers are great for only playing 20 minutes, and he is young an athletic, and we wouldn't have to give up much for him.

I thinkk we should talk about trading when on RealGm, it says that you can trade Mobley. Right now you cant so we have to see if we will resign him or not. It is unpredictable riight now.

hrdboild

Staff member
Stromile Swift is an unrestricted free agent. I don't think he'll want to stay in Memphis, but a number of teams are going to be interested in him. New Jersey probably looks pretty good right now with Vince Carter and Jason Kidd, but we've got a pretty good team too so we might be able to make a deal. As I understand it, if you're looking at sign and trades, it's not so much about what the team trading him wants, it's more about where the free agent wants to go and whether they have some pieces that would make a trade worthwhile. Teams with a better shot at competing for a championship are probably over the salary cap so it allows the free agent to get a bigger contract than the MLE and go to a winning team.

If Mobley picks up his option, he's under contract in Sacramento for one more year. He could be traded at that point. If he doesn't pick up the option, he's an unrestricted free agent and can go wherever he likes. In that case, we could try to do a sign and trade if Mobley wants to go to a team that's over the salary cap and they are willing to trade some guys to give him a bigger contract. I'm not sure that would actually benefit us though, it depends on who the guys are who are coming in and how big their contracts are.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
Stromile Swift

All through this thread I have read how much Stromile Swift would help us in rebounding so much and how need this guy so bad.. Have any of you actually ever looked at his stats. First of all he isn't even a starter on Memphis so that should give you a hint of his work ethic. Secondly as far as rebounding goes he had 4 games all year this year where he got 10+ rebound 4. Hell Kenny Thomas had over 10 in his few months with us. Also Swift for the last 2 years years has only averaged just over 4 reb per game. He did come close to averaging 6 in 2002. Not to mention his foul problems he is worse than Darius. I just don't see why this guy would desire a $9-10 mil contract. If you ask me he is just fodder maybe MLE at best.

Stromile Swift 2004-05
21.3min 44.9%fg 5.9%3pt 71.3%FT 4.6reb 0.7ast 1.5TO 0.7stl 1.5Blk 3PF 10.1ppg

Kenny Thomas
31.7min 49.2%fg 72.2%FT 8.7reb 2.9ast 1.9TO 1.0stl 0.4blk 2.9PF 14.5ppg

So tell me why is this the guy that we need so badly???

Stromile Swift = Box of rocks that can dunk(sometimes even his own goal)

I say Draft a PF and i garuntee he puts up better numbers that Stro.

Last edited:
Entity said:
All through this thread I have read how much Stromile Swift would help us in rebounding so much and how need this guy so bad.. Have any of you actually ever looked at his stats. First of all he isn't even a starter on Memphis so that should give you a hint of his work ethic. Secondly as far as rebounding goes he had 4 games all year this year where he got 10+ rebound 4. Hell Kenny Thomas had over 10 in his few months with us. Also Swift for the last 2 years years has only averaged just over 4 reb per game. He did come close to averaging 6 in 2002. Not to mention his foul problems he is worse than Darius. I just don't see why this guy would desire a $9-10 mil contract. If you ask me he is just fodder maybe MLE at best.

Stromile Swift 2004-05
21.3min 44.9%fg 5.9%3pt 71.3%FT 4.6reb 0.7ast 1.5TO 0.7stl 1.5Blk 3PF 10.1ppg

Kenny Thomas
31.7min 49.2%fg 72.2%FT 8.7reb 2.9ast 1.9TO 1.0stl 0.4blk 2.9PF 14.5ppg

So tell me why is this the guy that we need so badly???

Stromile Swift = Box of rocks that can dunk(sometimes even his own goal)
lol. Good post. Too much intelligence for this thread though.

hrdboild

Staff member
Yeah, sure, cause the numbers say everything right? I don't think Stro is an ideal fit. I do think he's a better option than anyone else we've got playing PF right now. Building a team is more about finding guys that will compliment each other than it is about adding up the numbers. You don't know what kind of stats he'll put up in our system. An athletic dunker who averages 1.5 blocks a game? That's a defensive presence in the lane. It's not Ben Wallace, but it's a start. It's a way to get easy buckets when your perimeter oriented offense has spread the defense. I don't think he deserves a 9-10 million dollar contract either. Probably more like 6-7.

Entity

Hall of Famer
1.5 blocks a games doesn't make a you a defensive presence. It gives you 1 possesion a game and if you loose 2 or 3 because you can't shoot can't pass can't catch then that 1 block is meaningless. Memphis sucks and he can't start on that team why please tell me why in the name of Bill Waltons *** should he start for us. A rookie could give us the same thing hell anybody 6'10 or better can get 1.5 blks a game. Brad did and we say we need shot blocking so why go with a guy that averages less than Brad but can't shoot pass and barely gets 4 rebounds a game?

Entity

Hall of Famer
I am not saying Kenny Thomas is who i want a PF but look at it this way. we want shot blocking right. Lets say we get a PF that averges 3 blocks a game but he don't shoot almost 50% like KT but shoots lets say 45% still respectable but he shoots 12 times guess what you just lost your 3 possesions going with 45% rather than 50%

holy flaming golden giraffes...(*shrugs*dont ask me where i got that)

i was looking at page 1, cuz ive been offline for a while, and got to the bottom ofthe page and saw 24 pages and my jaw dropped... :) i guarentee i would have added another page or two with posts if i had been online, but i can only imagine how many pages kings fans could produce if we kept this thread giong throughout the offseason :D

anyone feel like highlighting some interesting proposals that have been made? no worries if its too hard or there rnt any good trades, just thot id ask...

my initial thoughts about Mobley are that I do not like his playing style, and I would b 100% with trading him and having Evans start at Shooting Guard, but I cant for the life of me think of a semi-star we would trade for...my only idea is we'd trade mobley for a much better draft pick, but i dont think that would happen..anyways, ya....go kings

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Entity said:
I am not saying Kenny Thomas is who i want a PF but look at it this way. we want shot blocking right. Lets say we get a PF that averges 3 blocks a game but he don't shoot almost 50% like KT but shoots lets say 45% still respectable but he shoots 12 times guess what you just lost your 3 possesions going with 45% rather than 50%
A shotblocker who blocks 3 a game is as a rule worth FAR more than 3 a game. Shotblocking is one of those traits, like post play, where there is a multiplier that needs to be applied. It alters the whole game. Sure, you block 3, but the fact is anyone that prolific in there is altering or deterring 2 or 3 more shots for every one he actually blocks. Tim Duncan blocks maybe 1.5 more a game than Brad Miller. Is his effect merely 1.5 posessions better than Brad's on defense? No way. Its dramatically greater. Fear. Intimidation. Get the guy looking over his shoulder on every drive. Worth its weight in gold in there, and makes playing defense easier for his entire team.

Actually was one of my comments about Skinner after seeing him play for a few weeks -- was blocking 2 a game there for a while, but he wasn't REALLY a 2 a game shotblocker. Teams just initially had no respect for him so they were bringing shots right into his grill with no fear. He was blocking 2, but having no spillover effect at all. No fear inspired. And after teams adjusted his numbers sank dramatically (ironically though because he might have been having some very minor intimidation effect deterring people from running right up his chest). Ditto for Brad who blocks an anemic 1.1 to 1.2, which is actually by far a career high, but has absolutely no effect on interior defense at all. Even his 1.1 to 1.2 are only there because nobody on the other team worries about him in the least and just attacks attacks attacks the middle + every once in a while he gets one.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bballkingsrock said:

Edura Najera
Nene

Brain Skinner
Corliss Williamson

I'm sorry, but from Denver's perspective that is so far out of the realm of possibility its not even on the radar. Marcus Camby is a HUGE presence for them in there. They are poised to move into the elite next year, and no way they go off and trade their super shotblocker/rebounder for a bunch of overpriced tweeners with bad contracts.

Nene himself still may be possible -- there have been rumblings from time to time there, he's due for a big payday they may not be able to meet, may not be happy as a backup etc. But as a rule you can just cross off the trade list major players off of successful teams that are happy with the way their fiture looks. Or at least the unbalanced trade list. Have to pillage unhappy teams, rebuilding teams, lottery teams in chaos.

I still think if you want Nene, a sign and trade for Mobley would work well. Denver is looking for a scorer/shooter at the 2 guard, and well, I'd say Mobley wouldn't mind.