Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Please do not get down on Evans. True PG or not, we need a star and there is no denying that Evans has STAR potential, even if he has bust potential as well. He has been hyped since Jr. high. Was one of the top 2 ranked HSers coming coming out of high school. And had an amazing college season, where he led his team to the final 4 and won 27 of the final 28 games, as he improved as the season went on. Have faith until we see evidence to the contrary. Evans is no middling pick. He is not a solid player with a low ceiling. Everyone who wanted Petrie to hit a homerun and not play it safe should at least be excited that we may have landed a star.

LOL......Gavin Maloof is on 1140 and is saying that Evans will be the best player in the draft including Griffin...LOVE his passion!! Says that Obama recommended the pick to the family a month ago!

VERY EXCITED!!

I don't believe that Flynn and Rubio can play together.

Both of them are PURE PGs. Rubio cannot play off the ball. There is a trade coming. I think they might be waiting to see if the team with the lower pick gets the player they want.

Evans was my second choice behind Rubio... I'm not to worried about Evans ability to help us because the FO knows what they are doing. I just really really wanted Rubio. I hope Evans turns out to be a Mayo type player with more PG skills.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Did you not read my post and others. He is NOT a true point guard.
BIG WHOOP!

You nattering nabobs of negativity are crying because you couldn't get a "true" point guard. I guess you'll have to settle for probably the best player in the draft. Let's have this disussion at the end of next year and then talk about how we should have drafted a "true" point guard.

I see Evans as a Gilbert Arenas type guy. Can put up stats and will play at the PG position, but doesn't really distribute the ball and isn't a true PG. Considering you just spent your previous two draft picks on scoring big men, this doesn't creative a cohesive team.

I'm not sure why people are so dissapointed with Evans still.. Guy will be able to play pretty solid defense(OUR PG's forgot what this was), get to the hole (which we pretty much have NO ONE does). These will create for our other players, some people seem to forget we still run a lot of high post so our PG doesn't have to create everything for us...

Normal people just don't get involved in murders.. I don't care who you are.. If you brother murders someone when you are driving you had to know something. You had to had an inkling that the guy is probably someone you don't hang around with..

That's just the guy I want coming into town and playing out of position.
He loves murder and can't play point guard.

Ever year after the draft you seem to ***** and moan. Go start your fire Petrie thread.

Normal people just don't get involved in murders.. I don't care who you are.. If you brother murders someone when you are driving you had to know something. You had to had an inkling that the guy is probably someone you don't hang around with..

That's just the guy I want coming into town and playing out of position.
First of all, it was his cousin and you dont know the whole story so please just quit while you're far behind and stop derailing this thread please...im done with this topic.

I see Evans as a Gilbert Arenas type guy. Can put up stats and will play at the PG position, but doesn't really distribute the ball and isn't a true PG. Considering you just spent your previous two draft picks on scoring big men, this doesn't creative a cohesive team.

shhhh are you insane? common sense and logic have no place here.

Evans definitely fills some holes we had in the scoring/defensive department. We still need a distributer though. I still stand by my belief that the Kings were a 35+ win team when Beno was playing good basketball and passing it around.

This is what's known as conjecture. We don't know that Evans is a bad NBA point guard, because he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet. We know that Udrih is.

We don't know that Thabeet is a bad NBA PG too because he will never be asked to play that position either. So what's your point? Evans was a SG that handled the ball in college and everyone is thinking he's a PG. He wasn't a distributor, he didn't look for open teammates when he thought he had a shot of his own. Seen many many games of his, and he didn't strike me as anything but a SG that handled the ball. Absolutely minimal PG skills in college.

First of all, it was his cousin and you dont know the whole story so please just quit while you're far behind and stop derailing this thread please...im done with this topic.
AMEN. He was cleared by the police and had 0 behavioral problems or problems with the coaching staff at Memphis. This is not a problem kid with a trail of red flags. Without being there and knowing the story I am not judging this kid. Whether he stays with us or winds up in Memphis, I have every confidence he is a good person. He got rave reviews from his college coaches and is by all accounts a hard worker. If you have criticisms about his game, fair enough, but holding and event from 2 years ago in which he was cleared of any wrong doing seems downright silly.