[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Adebayo would have been a bad matchup defensively for Cousins, even if Cousins were healthy: he's got basically no chance, at this point in his career, The weird thing, though, if you been watching the game, and seen Adebayo repeatedly blowing past Cousins, like he was nailed to the floor, you wouldn't believe that Adebayo only has 6 points on 5 shots.
Bam could have put Cuz out to pasture if he so chose. He’s playing passive AF though.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
DMC actually with some solid D in the 4th, staying in front of Bam and slapping it away and using his body (without fouling) to force Jimmy Butler into a miss at the rim.

DMC actually with some solid D in the 4th, staying in front of Bam and slapping it away and using his body (without fouling) to force Jimmy Butler into a miss at the rim.
What's been up with his inefficiency this year? I haven't been watching them at all.

It’s just annoying cuz it seems like a one way street. So many guys come here and suck butt and leave and play well all of a sudden. Only one guy I can think of that played well after getting here is holmes, and we didn’t really expect much from him.

I would hate to be a Timberwolves fan right now. Being horrible, not having their own pick and passed on Lamelo for a far inferior prospect just because you already had Russel. The funny thing is that as a rookie Lamelo is already a better player than Russel and Russel is on a huge horrible contract.

Also I would love if in the prospect evaluation, "tools" wouldnt only mean muscles or athletisism. Basketball IQ is a tool and one would argue that its the most important tool (at least if you had just enough athletisism to get by aka some size and ability to move). As long as tools means how muscular or how hight the guy jumps, guys like Edwards get drafted way too high just because they can dominate boys in school with pure strength without having one andvaced read pass on their college tape.

^^^ Top three protected... so at least they’re terrible enough to have a 75% chance of keeping it.
Yes and they should do everything they can to make sure they keep that pick, although if they keep it their 22 pick will become unprotected to Warriors so not a great situation.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yes and they should do everything they can to make sure they keep that pick, although if they keep it their 22 pick will become unprotected to Warriors so not a great situation.
How infuriating is it that they paid the Warriors a top pick to take Wiggins’ awful contract away, and what do you know... in addition to the pick, Wiggins suddenly isn’t useless.

I hate the Warriors.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Loved that play by Carmelo Anthony. As a self-proclaimed "player" fan, I enjoy seeing guys get redeemed, after they get "broken down," and humbled. Especially when I don't particularly believe that they needed to be humbled in the first place.

People are saying Achilles but it looked more like he was grabbing his calf (which is connected to the Achilles and to Harry’s reconstructed knee ligaments so not exactly encouraging either).
The non-contact injury part is what I fear for him the most. I hope he catches a break here... :rolleyes::(

John Wall doesn't believe in passing in the 4th qtr. All those losing years in Washington taught him nothing. Just the threat that he might pass to an open man could make his own scoring a little easier. Just saying.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
John Wall doesn't believe in passing in the 4th qtr. All those losing years in Washington taught him nothing. Just the threat that he might pass to an open man could make his own scoring a little easier. Just saying.
ouch. you don't have to come at my guy in that way. He is a scoring point guard first and foremost and distributor second. I have to admit his handles have not been very sturdy since his two year absence, very loose.

ouch. you don't have to come at my guy in that way. He is a scoring point guard first and foremost and distributor second. I have to admit his handles have not been very sturdy since his two year absence, very loose.
Benny Mac was wide open calling for the ball in the last minutes several times and Wall wouldn't pass it. Full disclosure, I have a soft spot for McLemore, so I might be the only person in the country watching that game thinking Ben should be taking shots at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.