[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do TV rating mean anything anymore with streaming and being able to watch stuff without annoying commercial's on the net?
Yeah, because local TV deals are still where most teams make a lot of their money. They’re also a good indicator (though not perfect obviously) of local fan support.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It would be basic enough that nobody could clown themselves and ruin their brand, one would hope. I'm sure they could make the stakes big enough with NFTs, social media influence, etc. for the winner and if they went out of the way to make it the must see event of the weekend. We're roughly the same age so I know you remember how amazing it was in the mid 80s.
I mean, I guess, but I also break ranks from most men our age, with my general disdain for nostalgia in sports. Aside from my near-total antipathy for the three-point shot, I don't do a lot of, "Things were better, back in the good ol' days" prosletyzing. I don't so much remember the dunk contests in the 80s being amazing, so much as I remember the participants being people you'd heard of.

I mean, I guess, but I also break ranks from most men our age, with my general disdain for nostalgia in sports. Aside from my near-total antipathy for the three-point shot, I don't do a lot of, "Things were better, back in the good ol' days" prosletyzing. I don't so much remember the dunk contests in the 80s being amazing, so much as I remember the participants being people you'd heard of.
The last one with MJ and Nique? That was maybe the most competitive and it seemed so much pride on the line.
I was 13 if that so I don't think it's nostalgia as much as I really thought it meant something and I have only seen that a few times since.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one ref actually had the audacity to call a three point shot foul on Seth Curry until the other two overturned his call....yikes what is going on with these officials

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Mavs came back and beat the Warriors after a 33-13 4th.

I love my adopted second “What if” team.
The Warriors have lost 5 of their last 7 and Draymond doesn't seem particularly close to coming back. Maybe those rumors that the Warriors were looking at bringing in Sabonis were truer than we thought. He'd more than hold his own running their offense while Dray got healthier.

I saw Olynyk in Detroit hit a buzzer beater so got me curious how our old friend is doing. Statwise, he's scoring less and not getting as many defensive rebounds but he is fouling less and committing less turnovers. Small sample size, 4 games. But he was inactive today. Appears he hurt his ankle in the loss to Boston which may be why his numbers are down slightly. This will be interesting to keep an eye on...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Looking at NBA TV showing a graphic of Ja Morant having four of the Top 5 scoring performances in Grizzlies franchise history, and thinking to myself, "Who let Mike Miller in there?"

Kings fare better than I expected on this list. I guess the real conclusion would be “move the Nuggets to Seattle”?

I'm surprised by the Mavs and shocked by the Nuggets. Im really curious why that would be. I know a ton of people that have moved to Colorado from the Midwest. I also know a fair amount of Colorado natives that have moved elsewhere because of the cost of living. I wonder if Denver is so stuffed with out of staters that they don't care about the team? Or maybe they are all out in the nice weather.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised by the Mavs and shocked by the Nuggets. Im really curious why that would be. I know a ton of people that have moved to Colorado from the Midwest. I also know a fair amount of Colorado natives that have moved elsewhere because of the cost of living. I wonder if Denver is so stuffed with out of staters that they don't care about the team? Or maybe they are all out in the nice weather.
doesn't Colorado have an abundance of outdoor type of activities? from camping, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, etc. lots of people are enjoying the great out doors especially with a lot of them using the pandemic money to buy boats and RVs

doesn't Colorado have an abundance of outdoor type of activities? from camping, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, etc. lots of people are enjoying the great out doors especially with a lot of them using the pandemic money to buy boats and RVs
Yeh, for sure. Still, I don't know how you could not want to watch the Joker every week if he is on the local channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.