[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well don’t I feel like an ass. I just saw a clip of the game and excitedly came here to say how jealous I was that they had a Basquiat inspired court. Had no idea. Pretty awesome in my book.
To be fair, the only thing I actually saw of the court was the polished concrete look of the hardwood and I couldn’t wrap my head around that, I could barely even focus... So that said, I paid the actual design/logos no attention.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think the main issue with the city uniforms is that there’s no unifying idea behind them. It’s not like, “Let’s show off the cool parts of the city this team is in!” If anything, most of these jerseys are just like “well, here’s a random Jersey idea, I guess.”

Basquiat is from Brooklyn so at least that makes sense. Houston’s jerseys are just blue and say H-Town for no discernible reason and ours are just practice jerseys that say Sactown on them in blue letters.
If they’re gonna do city jerseys, I want to see them do really crazy city-focused idea with them. Like make ours based on the Tower Records logo scheme or something. Last year’s Miami’s Miami Vice neon logo jerseys had it right. This year’s Miami jerseys do not.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Basquiat is from Brooklyn so at least that makes sense. Houston’s jerseys are just blue and say H-Town for no discernible reason and ours are just practice jerseys that say Sactown on them in blue letters.
According to my go-to resource for information about Houston, Texas (former Houston resident Bomani Jones), the Rockets' alternate jersey colors are an homage to the former Houston Oilers. "H-Town" (or "H-Tine," [stress on the second syllable] in the appropriate accent) is, apparently, how Houstonians refer to themselves.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, Houston's winning streak sure came to an ignominious end.

Boy, that "throw a bunch of threes at the rim" **** is never fun to watch, but when they're not going in? It's extra bad. Super ugly, if you will.

EDIT - "Crap?" Really?

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
OKC rested SGA and George Hill and Dort only played nine minutes and the Thunder still beat Houston by twenty.

So much for tanking for Cade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Draymond Green is, like, the highest of high-level roleplayers, which is something that doesn't get half the love from fans that it deserves. Whenever he's in his bag, I remember a guy like Boris Diaw, in his prime, and I think, "Imagine if Prime!Diaw could also play defense?"

Draymond Green is, like, the highest of high-level roleplayers, which is something that doesn't get half the love from fans that it deserves
I’m not sure this is true, Haliburton is loved on this forum more than our star and he is a super role player.

We really don’t have a ton of those guys in the league. Lou Williams? Alex Caruso? Black Falcon? I can’t think of a definitive list of guys who are great at a couple things but aren’t one of the team’s top two players.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I’m not sure this is true, Haliburton is loved on this forum more than our star and he is a super role player.

Okay, I'll rephrase: super high-level roleplayers, IMO, do not get half the love from fans who do not root for the team that the high-level roleplayer plays for, that they deserve.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
unfortunate injury to Wood who was having himself a Most Improved player award waiting for him at the end of the season and now it will go to someone else. He does have chicken legs though

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Do you have an example outside of Green and Diaw?
Well, there aren't many super high-level roleplayers in the league, at any given time, but Lou Williams, before he apparently became washed. I wouldn't call PJ Tucker a "super" high-level roleplayer, but he's an example of a high-level roleplayer who doesn't get enough love, outside of Houston. Marcus Smart is another guy; he's pretty close to that super high-level threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.