[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, believe it or not, internet sleuthing showed 2 points---2 whole points--is the fewest points scored by a team in a quarter. And this wasn't done in the 1950s or anything but happened once in 1997 (Dallas) and again in 2004 (Warriors).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
on the plus side for Dallas, they won. On the minus side, they almost lost to the T-wolves who don’t have KAT because of COVID, only played Russell five minutes and are pretty much the worst team in the league.

on the plus side for Dallas, they won. On the minus side, they almost lost to the T-wolves who don’t have KAT because of COVID, only played Russell five minutes and are pretty much the worst team in the league.
I hope the Wolves suck enough and get lucky enough to land in that top three and prevent the Wario's from adding a Cade or Kuminga to their squad.

Edit- Of course then the Wolves will somehow be worse next year and Golden State will end up with Emoni Bates

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, this Teodosic play has gone viral, and everybody is acting like they've never seen it before, and I just want to know how come nobody remembers the time that Chris Webber PUT JAKE TSAKALIDIS IN THE WASHING MACHINE?!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

I am posting this tweet in the NBA folder solely because it made me remember that there was one year when the home team was so far ahead in the closeout game of the Finals (I want to say it was Game 5 in 2014, but it could have been Game 6 in 2008) that they just played the 7" version of this song, for the final two minutes or so of regulation. Through change of possession, stoppage of play, and everything else. I remember thinking it was baller as ****.

I am posting this tweet in the NBA folder solely because it made me remember that there was one year when the home team was so far ahead in the closeout game of the Finals (I want to say it was Game 5 in 2014, but it could have been Game 6 in 2008) that they just played the 7" version of this song, for the final two minutes or so of regulation. Through change of possession, stoppage of play, and everything else. I remember thinking it was baller as ****.
such a great song. I did not know that. That’s a funny story.

Going to put that song in my queue today... along with some Little Brother

SLAB

Hall of Famer
DeMarcus with one of his “I remember how to be good at basketball” nights (so far) with a cool 10/6 with 4 minutes to go in the first quarter.

His defense OTOH ... less said the better.

Man, the Rockets play an unwatchable style of ball.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
His defense OTOH ... less said the better.
Adebayo would have been a bad matchup defensively for Cousins, even if Cousins were healthy: he's got basically no chance, at this point in his career, The weird thing, though, if you been watching the game, and seen Adebayo repeatedly blowing past Cousins, like he was nailed to the floor, you wouldn't believe that Adebayo only has 6 points on 5 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.