How about:

KT
Hart
1st round pick

for

Fortson
Collison
Swift

It frees Seattle from Fortson, gives them a dependable, veteran PF, frees up their young guy logjam at the bigs, and gives them another draft pick.

We get an expiring contract in Fortson and two young, big prospects.

It may be a reach but after really looking at what we've accomplished this offseason compared to the rest of the WC, I'm fearful we are in for some rough times ahead.

I love this trade.
Nick Collison is a very good role player with a little contract.
Robert Swift can be very good. He has a great potential.
Danny Fortson is an expiring contract.

i love this trade for sac but i doubt seattle does this because they wouldnt want to dump that for a long term contract, espeically due to franchise uncertainty.

plus, do they really want KT and wilcox fighting for the roster spot hehe

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Seattle is NOT going to give up "an expiring contract and two young, big prospects" for Thomas and Hart.

And we do NOT want Danny Fortson.

I actually first looked at it as a way to trade Miller and get back young bigs, but I'm not sure we were getting enough back. I get Seattle's hesitancy but they don't really give up much. They already have two other young centers and Collison is also caught in a numbers game.

With regards to Fortson, I don't want him either but if it means a swap of salaries with one expiring after the season, I'd take it. Would he really be that much worse than KT? He does the same thing well and would be more accepting of a backup role. I know he can be a cancer but so is Thomas and Fortson is gone after one year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Would Fortson be that much worse? Quite possibly. He's a nutcase...and he's been yanked from more games because of his lack of ability to reason than any other player I can think of. We do NOT need that here. Kenny Thomas may have his problems but he is NOWHERE near the disruption Danny Forston is capable of being. He's dumb, he plays dirty and the only upside to him right now is his expiring contract.

As far as Seattle giving up two young players with potential, if they do it will be for a lot more promise than Kenny Thomas and Jason Hart. If you look only from their side of this proposal, there is NO reason for them to accept it.

Would Fortson be that much worse? Quite possibly. He's a nutcase...and he's been yanked from more games because of his lack of ability to reason than any other player I can think of. We do NOT need that here. Kenny Thomas may have his problems but he is NOWHERE near the disruption Danny Forston is capable of being. He's dumb, he plays dirty and the only upside to him right now is his expiring contract.

As far as Seattle giving up two young players with potential, if they do it will be for a lot more promise than Kenny Thomas and Jason Hart. If you look only from their side of this proposal, there is NO reason for them to accept it.
I've already responded to the 2nd half of the message and have said I agree somewhat so we can probably let that go.

As to Fortson, I guess my one question would be "Does anyone see Thomas as a long-term part of this franchise?" If not, why keep him? I'd prefer to trade him for a faceless, nameless contract that gives us some flexibility with next year's free agents. If you get a guy in a contract year that may finally realize he has a shot at another paycheck, go for it. Fact is, this team is not going to challenge for a title and may even miss the playoffs. It 's not time to start over, but it would be a good time to start building for the future.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Once again, you're viewing it from our side. Why keep Thomas? Quite frankly, because he's not exactly a hot commodity on the market. Having said that, his rebounding is something we do need. And, as long as he's starting and producing, we'd be silly to trade him away for some bottom of the barrel trouble-maker. And that's assuming we'd even be able to find a taker for him, which hasn't been shown to be true so far.

Fact is, this trade isn't going to happen so it's all moot anyway. You posted the idea and I responded.

Peace.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Of course I'd do this. But as is the case with so many "of course" trades for the Kings, why would the other side? Takes two to tango.

I like the trade. Technically we wouldn't have to play Fortson. Collison is a 4 who plays decent D and rebounds I'd play him over Fortson anyway. It would make training camp that much more interesting considering the lack of roster spots already. At least we'd have some movable pieces interesting to other teams.

I just don't see why Seattle would trade away these young guys for nothing really in return. If I were Seattle I'd rather develop those high draft picks than trade them for Kenny's bad attitude and bloated contract and an underachieving back up point.

I'd do it, but I hardly love it. Doubt it would provide Seattle with anything more than a hardy chuckle, however.
Exactly...AND, if this trade, or any other trade involving Mr. Fortson to Sacramento went through, I would personally send him a one-way ticket to Bratislava, so that would be the closest he EVER came to bringing his bad attitude and little corn rows to Arco Arena in a Kings uniform.

Exactly...AND, if this trade, or any other trade involving Mr. Fortson to Sacramento went through, I would personally send him a one-way ticket to Bratislava, so that would be the closest he EVER came to bringing his bad attitude and little corn rows to Arco Arena in a Kings uniform.

I'm pretty sure that Slovakia doens't want him either. ;)