[Game] Kings vs. Thunder [Vegas Summer League] 7/13/2022 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dude went on the ignore list a long while ago. But if he seriously made THAT comparison, his bb knowledge and takes are even worse than they used to be. And that’s saying a lot.

Nothing Keegan Murray has shown in SL looks remotely like Kyle freaking Kuzma. That‘s asinine.

More like “Big Shot Rob” ;)
This is why I kept saying, you see what you want to see.

Just look at how many outrageous takes he came up with over the years from him making the initial decision to his mind that "Fox will never be a star", something he has absolutely no knowledge to know for 100% sure, yet he decided that he would know more than the whole Kings organization combined.

Even national haters on ESPN would just casually bring up how much the Kings are adjusting to Fox like he is already a star, they still wouldn't dare to go all-out and claim that he WON'T be a star because they would get laughed at if they turn out to be wrong. And we are talking about ESPN analysts who would never get fired for being wrong all the time, as long as their takes are wild enough to wow the audience.

I agree with a lot of this, Murray’s shot looks great. But what you touched on I think is something that’s getting overlooked entirely. @KainLear

Just to kick the hornets nest a little, are we sure RJ is on the up and up? His advance metrics look average to below on offense, and horrible on defense. All his FG%’s dropped across the board with more shots, TOs increased with more usage, and both shot attempts and usage are likely to dwindle with Brunson on board let alone Donovan Mitchell. When asked to be more he didn’t necessarily step up. He definitely had stretch’s last year where he looked like he was taking a step. But he’s a streaky player who provides little to nothing on defense. He honestly reminds me of early Wiggins.

Crapping? What exactly have I said about KM that has been so crapping? Can you provide a direct quote of me saying he would be a bust or that he sucks?
I know what you're doing. You know what you're doing.... It is quite impressive the fine line you walk on fairly insightful basketball insight (much of which I agree with) and the ability to then put in the throwaway triggering line. It's a trolling masterclass. Bravo. I have kids, I understand how this game works.

Do you think past performance is evidence of future performance?

Or perhaps since we have a new front office ( yes I know but their moves are just beginning to bear fruit IMO, so "new".)

Half the roster has changed, many shooters on board including a Blue Chip Rookie who is showing great promise in Summer League. Sabonis an All Star was added late last season. Swipa is being asked by the New Coach to show us his Swipa ways on D. Two good shooting guards were added. Off Night is ready to do his thing. HB and the other fellas will be ready to play ball.

You call it hopium:) I call it looking forward to an Improved Roster, Coaching Staff and Front Office to start the new season!

GO KINGS!!!!!
You better stop that optimism right now sir.

In all honesty, there is reason for optimism. I'm happy to be a part of it.

I agree with a lot of this, Murray’s shot looks great. But what you touched on I think is something that’s getting overlooked entirely. @KainLear

Just to kick the hornets nest a little, are we sure RJ is on the up and up? His advance metrics look average to below on offense, and horrible on defense. All his FG%’s dropped across the board with more shots, TOs increased with more usage, and both shot attempts and usage are likely to dwindle with Brunson on board let alone Donovan Mitchell. When asked to be more he didn’t necessarily step up. He definitely had stretch’s last year where he looked like he was taking a step. But he’s a streaky player who provides little to nothing on defense. He honestly reminds me of early Wiggins.
Barrett was the perfect UTIL in fantasy. Very useful on a bye week. Even tho his percentages were always garbage, he usually had 1 or 2 games per week where he put up numbers because the volume was always there and the position versatility was nice.

I would take Murray 10/10 times at lower numbers but their percentages all day as a fantasy player. Barrett's 21 and 7 on his % is Murray's 17 and 6 on elite %. All day.

So we can watch another guy’s summer league performance and declare, based on that, that he is the ROY. But our guy can show up, blow people away, and look like one of the best players at SL, but we have to asterisk that as “just summer league,” “can’t get excited,” or “bare minimum?”

Just want to make sure I know where the goalposts are before you and others move them again.
This is the mic drop post of the thread.

Perfect summarization.

This is why I kept saying, you see what you want to see.

Just look at how many outrageous takes he came up with over the years from him making the initial decision to his mind that "Fox will never be a star", something he has absolutely no knowledge to know for 100% sure, yet he decided that he would know more than the whole Kings organization combined.

Even national haters on ESPN would just casually bring up how much the Kings are adjusting to Fox like he is already a star, they still wouldn't dare to go all-out and claim that he WON'T be a star because they would get laughed at if they turn out to be wrong. And we are talking about ESPN analysts who would never get fired for being wrong all the time, as long as their takes are wild enough to wow the audience.
The beauty of it all is, we’ll find out soon enough.

Btw, you didn't address the real meat and potatoes of my post.
Address what? My stance has always been that Monte didn’t squeeze enough value from that #4 pack thst he lucked into, and that Duarte + Daniels > Murray next year. And Daniels > Murray long term. Frame it.

That was before the draft. If we’re playing hindsight games, I would substitute Jalen Williams for Daniels. But go ahead n choose either scenario with Daniels or Williams. And come back at me in a yr and five years.

I know what you're doing. You know what you're doing.... It is quite impressive the fine line you walk on fairly insightful basketball insight (much of which I agree with) and the ability to then put in the throwaway triggering line. It's a trolling masterclass. Bravo. I have kids, I understand how this game works.
People get caught up in the emotions when the projections are bound by the technical insights. Good eye. Thank you.

Do you think past performance is evidence of future performance?

Or perhaps since we have a new front office ( yes I know but their moves are just beginning to bear fruit IMO, so "new".)

Half the roster has changed, many shooters on board including a Blue Chip Rookie who is showing great promise in Summer League. Sabonis an All Star was added late last season. Swipa is being asked by the New Coach to show us his Swipa ways on D. Two good shooting guards were added. Off Night is ready to do his thing. HB and the other fellas will be ready to play ball.

You call it hopium:) I call it looking forward to an Improved Roster, Coaching Staff and Front Office to start the new season!

GO KINGS!!!!!
This is interesting.

I got Huerter and Monk producing/saving 1.82 points per game. The Kings points differential with Domas was -5.53 per game. So Murray, Brown's coaching, and other acquisitions needs to make up around 3.71 points.

See link for calcs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqpOyBcgiOIDOu8wEM0ZXJJGODsdkPrL/view?usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.