[Game] Kings vs. Rockets [Vegas Summer League] 7/16/2022 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern (NBATV)

The Kings close out this year's Vegas Summer League with a game against the young upside Houston Rockets.

(No idea if Keegan, Jabari Smith, Tari Eason, whoever else will be playing).
Getting to see Keegan against Jabari and Tari would be a great way to wrap up SL. They’re both plus defenders with more athleticism than Murray. They aren’t as refined as NBA player obviously the length and athleticism is something Murray will see on a nightly basis come regular season, Tari even plays a little physical. So I hope they all play.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I would just sit him out. I don't wanna mess with his stats lol
I think we saw what he can do when he isn't the focal point of the defense. I think, in this game, there might be an actual gameplan centered around slowing him down. What does Murray look like when there isn't anyone around him to step it up?

Why? He only played 22 minutes last night. I would think if they were going to shut him down they would have already announced that.
I said that because I don't think he has anything left to prove and the game is meaningless. If it were me, I would get him some time off and set a schedule for him to be in the gym working on his warts.

So, yeah I would be shocked if he plays today.

Yeah I'm glad they're sitting him. We're out of the SL "Championship" and he's played the most minutes of anyone in SL, along with the 3 extra Cali Classic games. Get him to training camp healthy.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I know Roden takes too many shots and looks a bit like a ball hog, but I there guys are playing to be noticed, Id like to see how he would play with a contract, he has hustle and some skills.