Kings vs. Thunder Game Thread, 3/7, 6 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rebound and hit our free throws and we probly win this game. Good effort, but of course this team needs more work.
Free throw shooting is something that can be improved rather easily compared to other essentials of basketball. But we have been bad from the stripe for a while and i have not seen any improvement. Its not an encouraging sign. It costs us games and possessions. If Tyreke hit his free throws we are down 2 instead of 5. Big difference.

L

Lafayette

Stop bickering with someone that is going to be against you no matter what you say. It was just one call and he's going to always come off as, "I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT" because he played community college ball in the summer league and got cut before the first regular season game, ha! Seriously, it's not a big deal.

L

LWP777

Yea, the good thing is that it helps a team like this gain some depth off the bench. A top 5 pick and it better be another big man because a player like WALL wouldn't work on this team. A scorer maybe but they need another big man. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off season because they are playing much better, just need another player in there that is consistent.
Yeah, but it's disappointing that neither of them turned out to be a stud. I think there was hope that they could have been really good but it's pretty apparently now that they will be marginal at best.

stop bickering with someone that is going to be against you no matter what you say. It was just one call and he's going to always come off as, "i know what im talking about" because he played community college ball in the summer league and got cut before the first regular season game, ha! Seriously, it's not a big deal.
ok.

L

LWP777

stop bickering with someone that is going to be against you no matter what you say. It was just one call and he's going to always come off as, "i know what im talking about" because he played community college ball in the summer league and got cut before the first regular season game, ha! Seriously, it's not a big deal.
lol.

Anybody else think that the "Sign Lady's" signs are really lame?
Seeing as how she's been a fan since the 80s and she is a fixture at Arco, no. Outside of a couple of older and smarter members on this board, none of you guys respect the Kings or the community. I don't hang around here as much as I used to, and now you know why.

L

LWP777

Seeing as how she's been a fan since the 80s and she is a fixture at Arco, no. Outside of a couple of older and smarter members on this board, none of you guys respect the Kings or the community. I don't hang around here as much as I used to, and now you know why.
Who really cares if she's been a "fixture?" Hell, I don't keep an 20 year old refrigerator in my house because it's a "fixture." Her signs are not very creative and half the time they make no sense. If she was witty and creative then I would have total respect for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. Maybe you could start a new board and make it exclusive to only your smarter friends, that way the rest of us won't offend your delicate sensibilities. :rolleyes::p

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Who really cares if she's been a "fixture?" Hell, I don't keep an 20 year old refrigerator in my house because it's a "fixture." Her signs are not very creative and half the time they make no sense. If she was witty and creative then I would have total respect for her.
Unfortunately, "Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful" appears to be FAR too much to ask for.

Wrong again. I'm sensing a theme with you.

I disagree. I think her signs are just fine. I respect anybody who shows up to support our Kings the way she does, so many nights. Much respect to you, Sign Lady!

If we somehow get Bosh in the offseason, we'd be steamrolling through the NBA for sure.
I'm not that confident that we will make a big free agent splash. For a couple of reasons. Hopefully we can get a future Bosh caliber player in the draft and make a trade or two that makes us more of a place a big free agent will WANT to play for in the 2011 free agent market. Then, off to the playoffs!:D

I disagree. I think her signs are just fine. I respect anybody who shows up to support our Kings the way she does, so many nights. Much respect to you, Sign Lady!
What would really be lame is 5 fat guys without shirts with K-I-N-G-S spelled on their bellies. O.K., we only did it once and it was a dare. :eek:

Hawes and Thompson ARE NOT the future of the Kings. Sorry, but they are 7th-10th type players in this league....FOREVER.
Hawes, I think, will turn out to be the better player. He has a much larger basketball IQ, setting screens and passing to the right person at the right time. JT just doesnt get it, and right now, I dont think he ever will. He hustles and has a solid offensive game, but he is just too hyperactive and whines way too much (and it rubs off on the team). I do agree with you, JT will be nothing more than a backup PF (not high enough of a basketball IQ to be really signficant). Hawes just needs to man up. Thats his problem. He does have significant skills and does the tiny things most people dont notice, but thats no excuse to not get rebounds.

L

LWP777

Hawes, I think, will turn out to be the better player. He has a much larger basketball IQ, setting screens and passing to the right person at the right time. JT just doesnt get it, and right now, I dont think he ever will. He hustles and has a solid offensive game, but he is just too hyperactive and whines way too much (and it rubs off on the team). I do agree with you, JT will be nothing more than a backup PF (not high enough of a basketball IQ to be really signficant). Hawes just needs to man up. Thats his problem. He does have significant skills and does the tiny things most people dont notice, but thats no excuse to not get rebounds.
I agree as well that Hawes will be the better player. He's only 21 and history shows that it takes big men longer to develop. I hope he can prove us all wrong and become a fine NBA center someday.

JT is the main reason for that, whether he is getting the calls or not. The Kings were doing better in turnovers and fouls for the last few games. JT's first game back and it feels like momentum keeps shifting in the opponents favor.
I was at the game and I could feel the 'Thompson' momentum you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.