Kings vs. Thunder Game Thread, 3/7, 6 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I was waaayyy out of town for the Dallas game. I'm doing this blind :D

The Kings have finally strung together a few games packed with solid play. Even my wife, who is a casual fan, has applauded the recent solid effort: "At least they play hard." Not a bad way to view things, and a case can be made for helping the team's lottery position.

I won't do it though, I always want wins! (Especially if it spares me the misery of hearing my wife swoon over pictures of Marky Mark. Thanks Brick.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I can't do a recap, I'll just give out awards. Boxscore edition!

AWARD TIME

TDM - Rodrique was a beast.

LW-VC - Looks like Haywood did a whole lot of nuthin'

JHA - Casspi - I pick on you because I expect more.

SAR- Shawn Marion used to instill terror in his opponents.

RA&1 - Wild guess (and probably totally wrong) Deshawn Stevenson.

WTF moment of the game - Write in your own.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKC has won four of their last five and they are jockeying for playoff position. These matchups always have great potential to become exciting games.

Predictions:

Kings 106 / OKC 111 (OT) !

Pts: Landry 24 / Durant 38
Rbds: Hawes 8 / Durant 7
Asst: Evans 6 / Westbrook 9
Blks: Landry 2 / Green 2

Probable starting lineups:

Evans / Westbrook: Awesome matchup, superclash!
Udrih / Sefolasha: Udrih will smoke him.
Casspi / Durant: Heaven help us...
Landry / Green: Landry will continue to impress.
Hawes / Baldy Baldrick: Hawes should show up with some clippers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need something to do tonight, get you some tickets and head on over to Arco. I will make every effort not to miss this game.

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
Wtf moment of the game - Kings Drinking at HalfTime

Durant with 50/10/5 game

101 okc
89 sac
Yup, that's what I'm thinking too...Durantula's due for a career night...and we're probably just the team to give it to him too.

Thunderous Thunder 109
Kings 91

Durant 44/11/7
Westbrook 17/15/3 stl.

Reke is due for his triple-double more so than Durant is a career night. Reke is at home coming coming off a sloppy game against Dallas. Time for him to shine while dropping at least 20/10/10.

I'm having a hard time sensing your sarcasm lately, Circa. Is it sarcasm? ;)
Actually the above isnt sarcasm...Durant is probably the 3rd best player in the NBA right now, and that's SCARY! I have a feeling he will show up big time tonight...Durant reminds me alot of Shawn Kemp when he was in his prime...only thing is, Durant is even more complete than Kemp ever could have dreamed of, with that outside shot he has. And Haywood has always had decent games against us, and with our ineptitude in the rebounding department he probably could have gotten 10-20 rebounds against us the other night.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think controlling Westbrook, not Durant, is the key to the game. Maybe Westphal puts somebody different on him this time...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Actually the above isnt sarcasm...Durant is probably the 3rd best player in the NBA right now, and that's SCARY! I have a feeling he will show up big time tonight...Durant reminds me alot of Shawn Kemp when he was in his prime...only thing is, Durant is even more complete than Kemp ever could have dreamed of, with that outside shot he has. And Haywood has always had decent games against us, and with our ineptitude in the rebounding department he probably could have gotten 10-20 rebounds against us the other night.
OKC may have taken Portland's slot as the best up and coming team in the West.

I think controlling Westbrook, not Durant, is the key to the game. Maybe Westphal puts somebody different on him this time...
Might he have a new 'teacher's pet' in Garrett Temple?? Ime might have lost his seat. :D I think Temple will probably get a good look against Westbrook tonight.

L

LWP777

Landry is so patient and controlled inside. I love his game. He rarely does anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.