[Game] Kings vs Rockets 1/13/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry HB, I promise I won't fake trade you for Collins again
Kings should never entertain trading Barnes again. He looks to fit this team perfectly. I mean who else is out there that does so much for the Kings? No one really. Barnes play D, pass, rebound, penetrate and draw fouls and shoot 3 and great FT shooter...you cannot find a player that have all that skills
AT ONCE, period. You can try, but it's hard. Not only that, but he has experience, calm and composed.

Defense being better not saying much? Its what these Kings sorely need. Do they need more offense? No, That's not their problem.
I am not saying they don't need d, just that TD is very marginal if any improvement over Huerter in that department.I wouldn't be surprised that the defense is a reason why Brown has him riding a bench when Huerter is healthy

Kings should never entertain trading Barnes again. He looks to fit this team perfectly. I mean who else is out there that does so much for the Kings? No one really. Barnes play D, pass, rebound, penetrate and draw fouls and shoot 3 and great FT shooter...you cannot find a player that have all that skills
AT ONCE, period. You can try, but it's hard. Not only that, but he has experience, calm and composed.
Absolutely, he knows when to be a spot up shooter and wait for DS or Fox to create an open three or a back door cut for him or if offense is stalling he can create something for himself and get to the line

I'm hoping we see more physicality from the team tonight. The Rockets pushed them around last game, both legally and with dirty plays. I think we need someone to step up early and make it clear that's not happening again. I'm just not sure who that would really be. Probably Domas being extra physical on the offensive end to beat them to a pulp.
An underrated post, but I stand by my Malik t-shirt. Monk ain't no punk. Love it!!!

Wonder what the improvement would be if the Kings saw a pump fake that they didn’t want to bite on.
Proper wing closeouts are the pinnacle of defensive maturity/discipline. It's why Pop is such a good coach, he can teach that in his sleep to attentive personnel.

Brown is actually doing a good job of teaching it to our wings, the proper way to close out. Walton expected them to learn it on their own. Huge difference in coaching.

I am not saying they don't need d, just that TD is very marginal if any improvement over Huerter in that department.I wouldn't be surprised that the defense is a reason why Brown has him riding a bench when Huerter is healthy
Its more than marginal....Huerter's weak point is defense, and it's not made up well on the team which is the problem, unless they bring on Mitchell. Sabonis is not much of a shot blocker, and has to navigate staying out of foul trouble for the offense....enter Davis - let him be all purpose....foul out even if he needs to.

Not annoyed but disappointed we are not blowing the opposition up every quarter.

But it’s kinda like boxing we have our opponents lulled into playing our game. Then once they get comfortable we drop the hammer and start taking away what they were doing and then they have a hole to big to dig their way out with the time remaining.

But really I think it’s our coaching and having the ability to adjust to our strengths.
Makes coaches like Luke just a bad dream we are finally waking up to.

I had not thought about it that way. I will try to remember that.

Not annoyed but disappointed we are not blowing the opposition up every quarter.

But it’s kinda like boxing we have our opponents lulled into playing our game. Then once they get comfortable we drop the hammer and start taking away what they were doing and then they have a hole to big to dig their way out with the time remaining.

But really I think it’s our coaching and having the ability to adjust to our strengths.

[

Also - we are wearing teams down by the 4th quarter. Brown’s rotations are keeping Fox fresh. His speed destroys tires legs.

I have to say it would be quite nice to have one of Jabari Smith or Tari Eason to slot between Murray and Sabonis long term. Both seem like solid fits.

AND the dude has ZERO ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.