[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 12/04/21 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to get baited, but the 5 seed is all of a sudden only .500, and the Gentry Kings have fired off 4 wins vs teams directly ahead of us in the standings.

Must win vs the Magic at home before heading out on a tough 3-game road trip vs Hornets/Cavs/Raptors
I’ll wait until that stretch is over before i even begin to think happy thoughts

I refuse to get baited, but the 5 seed is all of a sudden only .500, and the Gentry Kings have fired off 4 wins vs teams directly ahead of us in the standings.

Must win vs the Magic at home before heading out on a tough 3-game road trip vs Hornets/Cavs/Raptors
yeah there’s no way I’m getting baited. I’ve reached the point where it’s game 82 did we make the play in?

Also helpful: Kings 20-25 from the stripe; Clips 18-27. Clips won't struggle like that most nights (81% on the year - top-6). And 80% is a bit above-avg for the Kings (75% on the year - bottom-third).

He's not undersized at the 4 position at all. In many of his matchups, he is the bigger body
Metu has developed his game a ton. Like night and day. Coming into the league, he was strictly a 5. No three point shot, no handles, no intermediate shot. Essentially a rim running undersized 5.

Did we ever hear an explanation of the Clipper challenge late in the game that successfully overturned a foul on Morris? Morris was called for a foul that looked obvious. He essentially flung Fox to the ground. Ruling on the court was a foul on Morris. Challenged and overturned. What did I miss? Seemed like a horrible call at a crucial time. Also, I thought there were opportunities in the 4th Q for Gentry to use his challenge. What was he waiting for? You get no bonus for holding onto an unused challenge.

Did we ever hear an explanation of the Clipper challenge late in the game that successfully overturned a foul on Morris? Morris was called for a foul that looked obvious. He essentially flung Fox to the ground. Ruling on the court was a foul on Morris. Challenged and overturned. What did I miss? Seemed like a horrible call at a crucial time. Also, I thought there were opportunities in the 4th Q for Gentry to use his challenge. What was he waiting for? You get no bonus for holding onto an unused challenge.
Morris had pretty good position and Fox tried to grab Morris’ arm for leverage. Fox fell because he is not as strong as Morris.

Why Fox was on the block for a rebound in the first place us beyond me. I think that’s why Jackson missed the shot on purpose - he knew there was a mouse in the house.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
OK, I haven't read through this thread and I'm skipping through timeouts and such watching the game this morning (didn't see it last night), but is there any reason stated why they are using all Die Hard quotes in the game graphics? I love Die Hard and all, but ??? Just wondering if I missed something somewhere or if the production crew is having a bit of fun.

I think that was a correct reversal. Fox was the initiator there by grabbing Morris's arm and I think he was trying to make it look like Morris threw him off him.

Gentry already had used his challenge on a foul Mitchell had committed on a 3 point shooter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think that was a correct reversal. Fox was the initiator there by grabbing Morris's arm and I think he was trying to make it look like Morris threw him off him.

Gentry already had used his challenge on a foul Mitchell had committed on a 3 point shooter.
The thing I’m still confused about is how that ended up a jumpball rather than free throws for Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.