[Game] Kings vs. Cavaliers 3/37/2021 7pm PST 10pm EST

We got lucky. The team is going to have to get better to beat San Antonio.
They shot 23% from 3 on mostly open looks and couldn't get to the foul line against a team that fouled on almost every play. Despite that they still found a way to win. No team has everything clicking every night. It is usually the better teams who find a way to win on their off nights.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
whatever.... I’m glad they won

that being said when you shoot 23.3 percent from 3 and you have 2 more turnover than assists as a team you generally don’t win a game. I will take it but to make the play-offs they have to get better fast.
It's true, overall this was not one of their better performances this season. The offensive chemistry was off all night, Cleveland was outmuscling us around the basket, and the new guys brought defensive intensity but a return to the days when we threw the ball all over the gym more consistently than we threw it into the basket. That's why it felt so good to pull out this win. It felt like everything was pulling against us tonight but Fox put his head down and got baskets when we needed them, the defense played just well enough to keep us within striking distance, and then the improbable buzzer beater put a nice bow on it.

We're not going to turn this season around unless we learn how to win some games dirty. Tonight they won dirty. It's a start. The fact that it was the first game with our new bench crew and ties our longest win streak of the season makes it feel like this might be more than a blip on the radar but the start of something positive developing. Plus, look how happy the guys are! Surely we can put off fretting for just one night and enjoy a thrilling win without qualifications can't we?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
whatever.... I’m glad they won

that being said when you shoot 23.3 percent from 3 and you have 2 more turnover than assists as a team you generally don’t win a game. I will take it but to make the play-offs they have to get better fast.
Winning a game you should have lost by being clutch in the final minute is ... well, I think it's a good thing. This wasn't that Detroit game where they made a huge comeback, proved they could win and then laid down to take their tank. Sexton wanted that win and was pumped only to be completely bewildered and dejected when it was taken away. This was great. Haliburton and Fox were thrilled. Don't take it away.

These guys drive me nuts, but greet group of guys. Guess I’m back on the bandwagon
Both the players and the fans really needed this one. We have been the laughing stock of the league for a long time and really needed to let out all that pent up mental anguish for this season. I hope this really ignites the team for a push into the playoffs! I’ve been smiling all night!

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It's true, overall this was not one of their better performances this season. The offensive chemistry was off all night, Cleveland was outmuscling us around the basket, and the new guys brought defensive intensity but a return to the days when we threw the ball all over the gym more consistently than we threw it into the basket.
Well, in all honesty, we did have #55 back on the floor. ;)

That last shot by Barnes was Kobe-Bryant looking. Barnes and Hield playing consistently on offense is the difference between beating playoff teams or not. The Kings won despite what looked like fairly bad defense from the highlights. They wouldn't have beaten many NBA teams, but took advantage of poor/mediocre Cavs.

That last shot by Barnes was Kobe-Bryant looking. Barnes and Hield playing consistently on offense is the difference between beating playoff teams or not. The Kings won despite what looked like fairly bad defense from the highlights. They wouldn't have beaten many NBA teams, but took advantage of poor/mediocre Cavs.
So true. Seeing some posters discredit the win because they had to grind it out don’t understand that these are the games you have to be able to win to get into the playoffs. Not hitting your shots? Better hope your defense can keep you in the game and seeing this team be able to squeak out a win when they are cold from beyond the arc is a positive sign things may be changing for the better

dude12

Hall of Famer
This angle that the Kings got lucky in this one and need to play better....

Played 3 guys who just joined the team and haven’t practiced with them yet
Missing Whiteside
Refs just wouldn’t give us a call...I think I read we shot only 13 FTs
Held a team under 100 for only 3rd time and before discrediting that cause it’s the Cavs, Sexton is a damn tough cover

Also, we have been bullied all season and wilted under the physicality that some teams have dished out but not in this game, they held tough and won.

McNair addressed lack of quality Depth, lack of physicality and lack of defense with the moves.

Damn good win.