[Game] Kings v. Thunder, 12/3/13 - 7 p.m. PST

The way that we are playing is in no way a recipe for success.
But let's be honest, if you're going to lose the game you might as well lose in exciting fashion, right?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
By and large I haven't been impressed with Ben's defense starting in Summer League till now. However, with his athleticism you hope that he grows into a good-to-great defender. If that happens then you could probably get by with Vasquez though you'll just be 'acceptable' rather than good even if Ben grows into a great defender.
It could be that is the FO's hope and they are fine with all the losing until Ben can get there.

Having watched the half-time segment you're referring to though...I don't think it means that they won't pull the trigger to move GV if a good deal comes along.
I doubt there'd be any refusal to move Vasquez if another team requested him in a trade, although I'd be quite surprised if another team requests him in a package.

Just thinking about Cuz/MLM and a top pick this June, we're putting our core together and I don't see Vasquez being a part of that core at all. Tough to tell if PDA would try to resign him or not. We'll have to wait and see. But as our core grows together getting a solid starting PG will be very important. And with Malone's defensive philosophy, if Mac did become a great defender I still don't think the backcourt being what I'd term as "barely acceptable" would be acceptable to Malone. At least I hope not. But I don't like Vasquez on the offensive end either. Poor understanding of creating shots for and going to our shooters. Outside the occasional lob there isn't much there.

He has it in his head that he's "running the team". Don't like it. He's not our leader
This may be true, but it is hard not to have that in your mind when the Coach says in an interview that he is supposed to be a leader, the owner seys he expect GV to be a leader, and everything he is interviewed by the media, hi gets asked about how comfortable he is trying to lead the team