[Game] Game 1: Sacramento Kings v. Golden State Warriors, 10/29/14 7:00 PM PST, 10 PM EST

The Official Fruit of the Kings 2014-2015 Season

• Pear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Apple

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Grapes

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Lemon

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Kiwi

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tomatoes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Batman

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's the same problem that's plagued us for years, aside from Collison and Nik we don't have another play with average basketball IQ
I'm curious if you're blind to Nik's errors or just ignoring them because they don't support your viewpoint. There isn't that much of a gap between either Ben or Nik, which is more an indictment of both of their play rather than a compliment.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm glad Vivek and his goons got a up-close and personal look at this one, opening night and all. I'm not much into overreacting because it's a long season but this is embarrassing and the construction of this roster is beyond poor.
The problem, though, is that Ranadive doesn't seem to agree with you. And a poor team with high expectations is a dangerous thing.

Warriors played really tight inside, looking to cut off entry passes pretty effectively and it took both Cuz and Gay out. Still Cuz is too much force, but for Gay Warriors have a few above average defenders.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought the Warriors played horribly, the worst I've seen them play in three years. If the Kings can't win against a Warriors team this off, it doesn't bode well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I thought the Warriors played horribly, the worst I've seen them play in three years. If the Kings can't win against a Warriors team this off, it doesn't bode well.
They looked off on offense, on defense they looked far better than they did last year, probably a bit better than the year before. What they lose in offense with Lee out, they gain in defense by not having to cover for him

We look worse than Keith Smart kings, seriously its time coaching took some blame. The players looked lost, pure isolation basketball. Terrible roster construction, an owner who thinks he's Pat Riley, this franchise is an absolute disaster.

I'm done with lack of coaching from Malone. I'm done with it. You see Sessions playing like crap over and over as their lead starts to extend. We were down 4pts, then he waits until we were down 12pts to finally take Sessions out after 3 consecutive plays of him turning the ball over.

Gay goes into his into ISO mode and Malone decides it was ok for him to continue doing it.

Landry and Evans were good for our bench, but he gave them limited minutes in the 2nd half. Why coach?

This game is also on Malone. I guess our entire offense will always be the same. Give the ball to Cuz. Give the ball to Gay. Give the ball to Cuz. Let gay go ISO. Give the ball to Cuz again. Out coached and outplayed.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We look worse than Keith Smart kings, seriously its time coaching took some blame. The players looked lost, pure isolation basketball. Terrible roster construction, an owner who thinks he's Pat Riley, this franchise is an absolute disaster.
I'm sure there are plenty other teams more worth your time then

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He had a bad shooting night but did well on defense. Nik had a few shots fall but got burned time and time again.
Quiet as it's kept, Nik "Sharpshooter" Stauskas went 3-for-10. There's a lot of praise going around for a kid whose sole contribution was poor shooting and bad defense.

The Warriors were playing like crap, but found a way to finally score. The Kings were playing like crap, but never found a way to score. If that doesn't scream out coached, I don't know what does. The Warriors had a gameplan. The Kings didn't have a game plan. Give me George Carl...at least we know he'd bench players for poor performances.

I think Nik was playing smart early on - his awful defense is what it is right now - but later as the game got away, he started forcing shots. Bad teams are contagious.

Honestly though, I haven't seen an opener that bad since '05...that was just awful offense. We have a very deep hole to climb out of.

I'm sure there are plenty other teams more worth your time then
I just call a spade a spade, ive probably been a Kings fan longer than you though. I have every right to criticize after a near decade of futility, its people that say "oh well" that keep franchises in everlasting mediocrity. We deserve more than what this organization tries to spin into a good team, its an absolute disaster. This was the home opener and we looked like a team amidst a 15 game losing streak in February.