[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - Wednesday, April 10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS NOT JOERGER'S FAULT. He shouldn't have to worry about resting his starters with the lead we had at the start of the 3rd. This is on the guys out there not named Bagley or Swanigan who have showboated, made stupid plays, etc.
Yeah, it's the players fault. But this game meant a lot to a lot of us and for whatever reason the players have let us down. At the point it became a single digit game again why not do something to right the ship. This is embarrassing.

THIS IS NOT JOERGER'S FAULT. He shouldn't have to worry about resting his starters with the lead we had at the start of the 3rd. This is on the guys out there not named Bagley or Swanigan who have showboated, made stupid plays, etc.
I mean the starters won't play another competitive game for almost six months. Why not play them their 3rd quarter stint and put the game away?

First off the game itself means nothing, but what an apropos way for the season to finish. Doug just called it out himself. Another team shuts down the Kings with a zone. Why? Because they insist on NOT running pick and roll. Not a positive sign heading into the summer. Although there were major strides this year play style wise, now the play calls have to follow or else this is going to stall big time.

I could not possibly disagree more. This is an embarrassment. I don't care if you're a starter or #13 in the rotation. You need to play SMART. These guys have made fools of themselves with just a couple of exceptions.

If I were Joerger, I'd be telling each of them to play like a freaking team.
No this is great... Do you want our roster to be exactly the same next year or something? If our backups can't hang with their 19 year olds.... we have an issue, it's best we find these leaks now to patch them before they blow up bigger next season..

Yeah, there are more factors going on here but not attempting pick and roll against a zone this many times has happened already. It's mind boggling.

Between this game, the Nets gm, the Suns gm... I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team quickly see 25+ pt leads evaporate in such a short time. This is a team that lacks mental toughness and late game intelligence. That’s a lot on the coaches teaching situation awareness

No this is great... Do you want our roster to be exactly the same next year or something? If our backups can't hang with their 19 year olds.... we have an issue, it's best we find these leaks now to patch them before they blow up bigger next season..
If this ends the tenure of most of the guys not named Bagley on the court then so be it. But it certainly isn't moving the needle to promote the team as a hot young team to sign with either.

Boom right there. They finally ran a pick and roll through Caleb. He gets right into the middle of the floor. Normally the Kings should be able to shoot their way to not complete failure but how they don't run that earlier is unreal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.