[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - Wednesday, April 10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I spent a large chunk of this game kicking myself for not going but if I were in the arena right now I think I'd be livid. Yes round numbers are absurd but 40 wins had a great ring to it for a team that has struggled to reach 30 for a decade plus and we are p'ing it away.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nah. let them take it on the chin.. This is the guys who sit around been waiting to play all year, let em play..
I could not possibly disagree more. This is an embarrassment. I don't care if you're a starter or #13 in the rotation. You need to play SMART. These guys have made fools of themselves with just a couple of exceptions.

If I were Joerger, I'd be telling each of them to play like a freaking team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
THIS IS NOT JOERGER'S FAULT. He shouldn't have to worry about resting his starters with the lead we had at the start of the 3rd. This is on the guys out there not named Bagley or Swanigan who have showboated, made stupid plays, etc.

The Kings losing this game would be great for the Celtics too btw, instead of being locked into the worst odds in the lottery they'd be in a 3 way tie with Miami and Charlotte. Thats really the only really aftermath here, and it doesnt matter much to the kings either way tbh.

So joerger prefers to rest his best players who will not be making the playoffs rather than try to get the kings to first 40 win season in forever? Really, really bad decision on his part. Really bad.
If we can’t beat a team starting Simons, Leonard, Skal, Trent and Layman without having your starters play over 30 mins, there are major issues. Portland is literally playing a 6 man rotation with players who barely leave the bench

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good night all. I cannot watch this thread turn into what it's turning into. You guys truly want to blame Joerger? Look at the vets as they went to commercial. Buddy was up yelling at the players. That says it all.

I still love this team.

THIS IS NOT JOERGER'S FAULT. He shouldn't have to worry about resting his starters with the lead we had at the start of the 3rd. This is on the guys out there not named Bagley or Swanigan who have showboated, made stupid plays, etc.
I don’t think it all falls on him, but Unfortunately it’s been going on a year. Blown leads and inability to close in crunch time. At some point, youth or no youth, that reflects on the head coach

gunks

Hall of Famer
On the one hand, I agree. Everyone on the court who isn't named Bagley can be cut for all I care.

On the other hand, this is the typical Joerger pride/stubbornness that drives a lot of us crazy. Just get us win 40! He's being an *** right now sticking with these losers.

For the record, I'm all for keeping him. He's done a great job getting us this far this season. But at times (now) Joerger drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.