[Game] (Preseason) Trailblazers @ Kings, 10/13/2024 3pm Pacific, 6pm Eastern (League Pass)

The concern isn't the score, it's that the starters didn't play great. Keegan Murray need to be more aggressive in defense I think...when Sabanis is challenging an attacker, someone's got to come and help with the rebound. There is one time, he's just standing and not even try to block when one of the Blazers got an offensive rebound and put back.

Watching highlights a bit & you see Lyles absence hurting. They kept on running a Len-DeRozan 4/5 frontcourt in the bench minutes and then Ellis-Fox-Monk at 1-2-3 ... Defensively that's a rough lineup. Portland was doing Pick & Rolls consistently, Len was coming over for the block/help and no-one was able to come and rotate to Clingan (w/ good reason given size) ... This is the roster they got though. 1 Forward is out & they have to go small basically ... Not sure what the solution is but call me crazy but I'd like to see experiment with a Sabonis/Len frontcourt at times with Lyles out.

Well they will have a week to rest up after next Thursday.
Get threw the preseason then tighten up the rotation and get back to wha works.
Not going to panic after laying a egg one game.

We have a good team and have players back soon.
Yeah, it's preseason. That said, the team does have certain limitations and now it's up to the coaches to figure out how to balance their offense and defense.

I really hope we aren't a "good on paper" team which stinks it up all year. Hopefully we fix this because Fox and Sabonis look almost uncomfortable out there. I know it's pre-season but last couple years in pre-season we were beating teams by 30. Now we are losing close games, and a blowout tonight.