[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - Wednesday, April 10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Alright, I'll say it. This team isn't good. Probably not even average. They were playing WELL over their heads early on.

We can't beat the Blazers without their 2 best players and using only ONE bench player all night.

To top it off, Skal had a huge game.

Team isn't who we thought they were, and it sucks.
Psst, we also rested our starters in the second half.

THIS IS NOT JOERGER'S FAULT. He shouldn't have to worry about resting his starters with the lead we had at the start of the 3rd. This is on the guys out there not named Bagley or Swanigan who have showboated, made stupid plays, etc.
BS. Joeger played his starters heavy minutes last year when it was in our interest to lose. And he got Bogdan hurt. He pulls the starters this year when the team needed the win to get a bad taste out of our mouth.

Fire Joeger today!!

Miserable, pathetic loss. But good season -not great. Mainly too many defensive breakdowns, bad efforts, ending season sour taste in lot of Kings fans collective mouths.

How are u guys upset, our starters were beating them brutally and we called off the dogs.. thats what happens.. It's not some tactical error, it is completely negligible..
Those years when people were saying they should tank, but some of us believed that winning habits mattered. that culture mattered.

It is a grim joke. It doesn't matter - and these jokers mailed it in the last two weeks.

How are u guys upset, our starters were beating them brutally and we called off the dogs.. thats what happens.. It's not some tactical error, it is negligible..
You do understand they sat all of their starters and had a 6 man rotation, right? They also played last night too. They played these dudes 40+ mins, more time than they played all year combined... and we still couldn’t beat them

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How are u guys upset, our starters were beating them brutally and we called off the dogs.. thats what happens.. It's not some tactical error, it is negligible..
It should be noted that as good as Simons and Skal may wind up being, both dudes were incredibly hot tonight. Simons had 37 points on 21 shots while only taking 6 FTs which is next level efficiency for a guard and probably ly unsustainable on a night where he spent most of the second half being guarded by Frank Mason.

BS. Joeger played his starters heavy minutes last year when it was in our interest to lose. And he got Bogdan hurt. He pulls the starters this year when the team needed the win to get a bad taste out of our mouth.

Fire Joeger today!!
I do find it ironic he actively did not tank last year when it was in their best interest to and then just throws in the towel, on more than one occasion, this year.

You guys are absolutely ridiculous as always. We played our damn 3rd stringers second half, if starters we're being utilized, we win easily.

Our starting lineup of young potential stars is what is exciting about this franchise. Let's not get our panties in a bunch over meaningless game.

Next season will be the same revolving door of whining when we lose and saying we are a potential dynasty after every win. You look stupid asf.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You do understand they sat all of their starters and had a 6 man rotation, right? They also played last night too. They played these dudes 40+ mins, more time than they played all year combined... and we still couldn’t beat them
I would understand if our starters were the ones responsible but at one point we ran a Swan/Troy Williams/BJ Johnson/Frank Mason/Yogi lineup which isn't going to win many games.

How are u guys upset, our starters were beating them brutally and we called off the dogs.. thats what happens.. It's not some tactical error, it is completely negligible..

Grant was steaming p*ssed. I agree somewhat though, it's really not as bad as it looked. The only thing I can see as real tactical issues with what went down are that if he was going to go with the bench guys late then riding the starters so heavy in the first half and playing the game like it was two separate games put those bench guys in an unfair situation considering he hasn't worked them in the last few games at all. They came in mostly cold against a fired up team that is already warmed up. The two others are the obvious lack of what should be this teams play style in the half court in pick and roll not being used against the zone, and playing the two PG lineup. They hammered the little guys on that route.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Joeger quit on the team.

He could have put the starters back in and give them a feel good 40 win season to go into the off season. He sat on his A%$ and just didn't care.

Joeger wasn't coaching to win and there was no excuse for that. He did not need to rest his starters for the playoffs, this was the last game of the freaking year.

Joeger put the worse offensive squad out there on the floor and I think it may cost him his job. Last year with ping pong balls on the line, Joeger put all his starters out there to win the freaking last game of the year. That caused us to slip down into a tie for lottery balls.

This year with a 40 win season on the line, he sits his best player for no good reason.

Absolutley Pathetic! :(

You guys are absolutely ridiculous as always. We played our damn 3rd stringers second half, if starters we're being utilized, we win easily.

Our starting lineup of young potential stars is what is exciting about this franchise. Let's not get our panties in a bunch over meaningless game.

Next season will be the same revolving door of whining when we lose and saying we are a potential dynasty after every win. You look stupid asf.
That’s an absurd argument. And what if they played their starters?

Same reaction from me fam, what the hell are they smoking crying over a game where our third stringers played and one of our players scored his first ever NBA baskets.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Namecalling for calling out the BS?

Na... We don’t look stupid.

PS; The Blazers player their third stringers all game long.

I'm seeing a lot of "good season".

Yea, maybe. Maybe not. 2nd half isn't something to just brush off. I was and might still be on the "good season" stance but this has been an absolutely putrid team for a few months now that has changed my mind a bit.

I'm probably being dramatic right now since I'm angry, but if this team was playing like its current true identity early on, we would have had another terrible season.

The youngsters progressed so that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.