Kings-Mavs gametime thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pluses: WEBBER, Barnes, Miller
Minus: Pedja, Bibby

I am truly impressed with how Webb looked. Interesting listening to the Mavs broadcasters, who were also suitably impressed.

Okay, for the first official time this season:

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Pluses: WEBBER, Barnes
Minus: Pedja, Bibby

I am truly impressed with how Webb looked. Interesting listening to the Mavs broadcasters, who were also suitably impressed.

Okay, for the first official time this season:

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!
I think You forgott Miller. He was our best player tonight.

It's over now. A lose is only 1 out of 82.
But what really worries me is we don't look like a TEAM at all. No communication on the court. Not passing the ball well.
It's not Bibby and Peja not clicking tonight. Even if those shot went in we don't look good as a TEAM. Actucally we look a lot worst than the final score.
We desperately need to find ourself without the service of Christie, and Vlade...
Yes, I miss the man now.

i can't believe that after playing TERRIBLY in the 1st half that we had a chance in the end to steal the game.. we cut the lead to 5, and if that layup by brad would've went in, who knows what could happen.. i take that as a positive :)

bibby and peja were definitely off tonight, i hope they don't do it 2 nights in a row.. if they play well, we'll be good..

barnes was great! 17/9/4 for him! on 7/11 shooting!

webb played well, too.. 21/10/1 for him.. 10/17 shooting

well.. i'm just looking forward to tomorrow's game..

go kings!

bibbyweb said:
Was a good game, Barnes was really impressive. Also Evans was playing well. He was defending really well. Just an off night for bibby and Peja. O-Tag was also good for the limited number of minutes he had. The bench is looking really good. Eventhough we lost, I think that we are going to have really good season. We are a legitimate championship team.
It was NOT 'just an off night' of bibby and Peja!
Our offensive rotation and our defense is nowhere near 'acceptable'.
Now you said we are a legitimate championship team? I really doubt it.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Barnes rocked and so did Webber and Miller. Pedja was more than rusty, he was crusty. If you took shooting out of the analysis Bibby was not bad but we needed his offense. Bright side is it is a safe bet Bibby and Pedja will be back in form. Bobby was his old self and Tag... well he only played a few min, but broke up a couple of palys set a good pick and pulled down a board all this with his hand still wraped. In the End the guys tried hard to come back and showed spirit.

VF21 said:
Miller did much better than Vlade would have...
Miller did all the hustle job which Vlade doesn't have. But our offense sucks now. No more backdoors. Lots of one on one forcing the action.

Miller is doing what he can to help the team but I can see our offense suffer becus of the departure of Vlade and the absent of Christie.

The game brought out a lot of positives. But our defense really sucked most of the game. There were too many layups and easy drives. Also we couldnt come out with any good plays at the end. We have some work to be done.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since93 said:
Miller did all the hustle job which Vlade doesn't have. But our offense sucks now. No more backdoors. Lots of one on one forcing the action.

Miller is doing what he can to help the team but I can see our offense suffer becus of the departure of Vlade and the absent of Christie.
Our offense sucked because Pedja and Bibby couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. There were a lot of good passes that would have been assists but you don't get an assist if the guy's shot doesn't fall.

But don't let me ruin your doom and gloom.

bibbyweb said:
The game brought out a lot of positives. But our defense really sucked most of the game. There were too many layups and easy drives. Also we couldnt come out with any good plays at the end. We have some work to be done.
I really can't see 'a lot of positives' out of the game. Just look at the defensive afford. Just look at our offense.

Barns is great, Miller is great, Bobby is back, Webb is doing ok. So? Without defensive afford and our good old offense rotation, we are not going to win a lot of games this year.

Since93 said:
It was NOT 'just an off night' of bibby and Peja!
Our offensive rotation and our defense is nowhere near 'acceptable'.
Now you said we are a legitimate championship team? I really doubt it.
I know that there was a lot lacking in today's game. But what was encouraging was that with O-Tag seemed to do well when he stepped. The defense definitely improved. Webber was looking good. Miller played well against the Dampier. The bench that was a big concern doesn't seem that bad now. Evans and Barnes have been impressive. And we know how the starting 5 can play. So I think that we have the pieces which can be put together for championship contention. Its now just the matter of putting it together.

Since93 said:
Barns is great, Miller is great, Bobby is back, Webb is doing ok. So? Without defensive afford and our good old offense rotation, we are not going to win a lot of games this year.
stop trippin'

freak out all you want if they still play like this 15 games into the season with Doug back

HndsmCelt said:
Barnes rocked and so did Webber and Miller. Pedja was more than rusty, he was crusty. If you took shooting out of the analysis Bibby was not bad but we needed his offense. Bright side is it is a safe bet Bibby and Pedja will be back in form. Bobby was his old self and Tag... well he only played a few min, but broke up a couple of palys set a good pick and pulled down a board all this with his hand still wraped. In the End the guys tried hard to come back and showed spirit.
good point. i think it was more important to see miller, barnes and most importantly, webber playing well tonight.
it's probably relatively easier to work on bibby and stojakovic than barnes and webber.

VF21 said:
Our offense sucked because Pedja and Bibby couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. There were a lot of good passes that would have been assists but you don't get an assist if the guy's shot doesn't fall.

But don't let me ruin your doom and gloom.
Sorry but i don't see those are good passes. If they are just missing their shot i will say 'ok, it's just a game'. I am cocern not because the shot isn't falling. I am cocern with our offensive rotation.

But go ahead to label me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I saw good passes that weren't assists. You saw bad passes and nothing to be upbeat about.

YOu've been a fan for a long time, right? Why let one game bring you down so badly? Most people predicted the Kings wouldn't sweep this Texas road trip; in fact, most of us will be happy with 1 win and ecstatic with two.

We aren't going to win all 82 games. The teams of the NBA have too much parity for any team to dominate as we've seen in the past. That doesn't mean the Kings won't be competitive. I watched them on TV and I watched them against Phoenix in person a few nights ago. I'm not ready to throw in the towel because we have a lot of potential, a lot of really good players, and it's a long way til the playoffs.

Entity

Hall of Famer
well we came into the season looking for a backup for Peja, someone that was athletic and could rebound. Well we killed 2 birds with one stone it looks like with Mr. Barnes. Now we just need to look for Peja.

Anyway a game this close against this team on the road first game of the season. We did exceptionally well. Mavericks have a bench that could beat alot of a NBA teams starters. Get Peja and Mike an energy bar and we win.

Just curious to know how many double doubles it takes to completely put the hush mouth on the Webber doubters. He closed alot of them up during preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.