[Game] Kings @ Heat - Thursday, Jan. 25 - 4:30 PT

And THIS is why I am ALWAYS going to be a SACRAMENTO KINGS fan. ALWAYS.

And THIS is why I ALWAYS want to see the team play for WINS rather than PING PONG BALLS. ALWAYS.

Sure, parts of the game were frustrating to watch (just as parts of every game this season have been frustrating to watch). But, we're a young team, and that is to be expected. The frustrations are a part of the learning process. And I guarantee you all that the young kids are taking notes. They're observing. They're learning. They're allowing it all to soak in. And it will only make them more and more enjoyable to watch as their careers progress.

Buckets Freaking Buddy!!!! Need I say more?

And, of course, my comments are not complete unless I speak of the kid, Mr. Fox. Mr. Fox, you see, has some major hops. And, Kings fans, Mr. Fox would like to draw a little inspiration from a former WWE wrestler and has a question for you all...

Enzo how you doin\'.gif

I like that Grant and Jerry also compliment the other team as well. If you want homers.. that's the Boston guys who are terrrrrible lol
Yea i know people like to hate on that Grant and Jerry Duo but most fans outside of Sacramento talk about how great they are. I personally think we’re blessed to have them

Grant is INCREDIBLE at play by play, period. He and Kevin Harlan at the end of games? Unmatched for me, currently.

Yea i know people like to hate on that Grant and Jerry Duo but most fans outside of Sacramento talk about how great they are. I personally think we’re blessed to have them

Grant is INCREDIBLE at play by play, period. He and Kevin Harlan at the end of games? Unmatched for me, currently.
I think Doug is doing admirably when he fills in and brings and fresh take to it. I will however miss Jerry's personality and charm when he does retire.

Grant is probably one of the most passionate play by play guys in the entire business. It is fun listening to him call the close games, especially the ones that end up in our favor due to a last minute (or second) shot, or an incredible defensive stance to end the game...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Because of the weather up here, my TV was totally pixelated for the last quarter of the game. I am thrilled to know we won - and in such a manner. I'm recording the replay now and will stay up as long as it takes to watch it.

It's an incredible night to be a Kings fan. :)

Because of the weather up here, my TV was totally pixelated for the last quarter of the game. I am thrilled to know we won - and in such a manner. I'm recording the replay now and will stay up as long as it takes to watch it.

It's an incredible night to be a Kings fan. :)
Mr. Fox has a nice gift waiting for you at the end of the game. :)
A very nice gift.
It will make you smile.

What a win for the youngsters! I thought it was slipping away for 5-6 minutes of bad basketball, but they managed to climb the ladder and get to where they needed to be to sqeak out the win.
And they didn't do it on the backs of the veterans. And Fox is showing us that he just might be a superstar in the making. Way to go, guys!
I thought we were toast when Miami had that late lead (10 points, I think...Or something close to that). I figured with that lead, and 4 minutes of action left in the 4th, we were done for the night. I am glad Mr. Fox had something else in mind. :)

Now THAT is why I wanted the Kings to draft the FOX!!! That kid took over the last few minutes of the game. He got into Dragic on defense, scored in the lane and then finished off the game with a MONSTER dunk!!! How many point guard do you see do that?? Not many. He got up higher than the square on the glass.

Sorry but that wasn't a "good put back". That was an epic follow up slam made even more so as it was a game winner.

Kid has a knack for making winning plays. 2 game winners in your rookie season? That's more than most players get in their career.
Yes it was great putback, but the defense was just as impressive and important imo, and was overlooked which is what I was getting at....Richardson wasn't even close thanks to it.

Yes it was great putback, but the defense was just as impressive and important imo, and was overlooked which is what I was getting at....Richardson wasn't even close thanks to it.
De'Aaron started picking up his defense about 2-3 weeks ago. All you can do against these quality PGs is make you presence known and keep your chest in front of them. He's doing that more and more!

Doug Christie said he thinks Fox can be all All-NBA defender. I agree. His length and lateral quickness and hand speed is special and he does not shy away from contact despite his slender frame.

Fox will also be a 20+ PPG scorer in our league as I was saying before the draft. His mechanics are good. He just needs more reps and strength.

So you are looking a future dominant defender and offensive player, Kings fans. Thats what you call Mr. Franchise. :)

It could have been even better towards the end in terms of his game winning plays.

After he picked Dragon and Buddy made the follow dunk, he was hassling him again in the backcourt. Goran didn't want any part of him!

Goran was hesitant with his dribble and probably fatigued there. When Fox drew the blocking foul that could have easily been a charge call there was 17 seconds on the shot clock!

All De'Aaron had to do was back him off a little and it would have been an 8 second back court violation. There was no way Goran was going to get it over the line in one second.

I am not faulting De'Aaron here for not seeing the shot clock. He was locked in. But if he had the presence of mind to notice the clock he would have forced two consecutive turnovers against borderline All-Star.

Fox made a smart comment in the post-game how you cannot pick the pocket of starting caliber PGs early in the game bu you can wear them down over the course of 48. ]

Then when you see they start turn their back to you thats when they are vulnerable and under threat by your harassment. He either learned this by experience and smarts or George Hill told him. Probably a combination thereof.

As a final comment what was Willie thinking putting PPP on his forehead which means "Philosophical Power and Peace" o_O . It looks ridiculous! Willie is a handsome young guy. Why scar your face like that permanently?!

I am all on board with the peace sentiment. We need more peace in this world. But what is philosophical power? Its an odd phraseology to say the least.

I would like to hear the explanation on this one. Is this about deriving personal power through your life philosophy? Jason Jones, turn off WWE and get on the case!

One more last comment, I LOVE the exuberance that De'Aaron showed after spiking the ball down like that.

That makes witnessing a lot of these ugly games more palpable when you have a player who is joyous and unabashed about expressing his passion and enthusiasm after flying the friendly skies to Win City. :)

De'Aaron started picking up his defense about 2-3 weeks ago. All you can do against these quality PGs is make you presence known and keep your chest in front of them. He's doing that more and more!

Doug Christie said he thinks Fox can be all All-NBA defender. I agree. His length and lateral quickness and hand speed is special and he does not shy away from contact despite his slender frame.

Fox will also be a 20+ PPG scorer in our league as I was saying before the draft. His mechanics are good. He just needs more reps and strength.

So you are looking a future dominant defender and offensive player, Kings fans. Thats what you call Mr. Franchise. :)

It could have been even better towards the end in terms of his game winning plays.

After he picked Dragon and Buddy made the follow dunk, he was hassling him again in the backcourt. Goran didn't want any part of him!

Goran was hesitant with his dribble and probably fatigued there. When Fox drew the blocking foul that could have easily been a charge call there was 17 seconds on the shot clock!

All De'Aaron had to do was back him off a little and it would have been an 8 second back court violation. There was no way Goran was going to get it over the line in one second.

I am not faulting De'Aaron here for not seeing the shot clock. He was locked in. But if he had the presence of mind to notice the clock he would have forced two consecutive turnovers against borderline All-Star.

Fox made a smart comment in the post-game how you cannot pick the pocket of starting caliber PGs early in the game bu you can wear them down over the course of 48. ]

Then when you see they start turn their back to you thats when they are vulnerable and under threat by your harassment. He either learned this by experience and smarts or George Hill told him. Probably a combination thereof.

As a final comment what was Willie thinking putting PPP on his forehead which means "Philosophical Power and Peace" o_O . It looks ridiculous! Willie is a handsome young guy. Why scar your face like that permanently?!

I am all on board with the peace sentiment. We need more peace in this world. But what is philosophical power? Its an odd phraseology to say the least.

I would like to hear the explanation on this one. Is this about deriving personal power through your life philosophy? Jason Jones, turn off WWE and get on the case!

One more last comment, I LOVE the exuberance that De'Aaron showed after spiking the ball down like that.

That makes witnessing a lot of these ugly games more palpable when you have a player who is joyous and unabashed about expressing his passion and enthusiasm after flying the friendly skies to Win City. :)
Great post, Blob.

We have been waiting for the Kings defense to wake up. In the previous 10 or so losses they have given up a lot of 110-120+ point games. They beat the Magic by holding them under 100 and they beat Miami by holding them under 90. The fourth quarter defense was something new. Fox changed the course of the game by himself. I agree about the importance of his insight in putting the pressure on when players are tired. An elite level of athletic ability was on full display. It is interesting to me that Fox skyed for the ball with the game on the line. Randolph hit the deck and no other Kings' big man was even on the screen. WTF? Fox is really starting to show his ridiculous ability.

A serious monkey is off their backs after 17 years without a win in Miami.

I see just the opposite. I watch KK sometimes and ignore the rest of the game.
Not only that, but I think you’ll agree (having been a coach) that KK is greatly under appreciated for all he does that is not reflected in the box score. He’s a f’n warrior. Limited skillset, maybe, but he’s a guy you want on your team. Our best hope for Papa is that he can someday become as valuable as KK, but maybe with a little more nasty.

If you rewatch the bench coming out, you can see the pride on VC face. I would love to keep him on as an assistant coach. He just walks out like "I knew it. I know what kid has".

Spoelstra also cracks me up. He is HEATED
Did everybody else notice how excited Temple and Hill were for Fox when the bench came out? Temple had on his "Incredible Hulk" face and Hill was ecstatic. These vets really do care about the young guys.

Did everybody else notice how excited Temple and Hill were for Fox when the bench came out? Temple had on his "Incredible Hulk" face and Hill was ecstatic. These vets really do care about the young guys.
I haven't watched last night's game yet. But while watching the Orlando game, I payed attention when they gave shots of the bench and you could see Hill giving instructions or advice from the bench. So much for him being a locker room distraction.

This team has rebuilt about as perfectly as you can in the maiden season, from the coach down to the players. The chemistry is already amazing despite the bad record. Imagine the comradery going forth into the playoffs!

Skimming through some heat forums they're like OMG we lost to the Kings WT#! You would think they still have LBJ and wade/Bosh throwing lobs to each other over there and even then we beat them a couple of times on our floor.