[Game] Kings @ Bucks, 2/21/21 6pm PST, 9pm EST

Walton is such a donkey sometimes man. I love that he finally gave DQJ extended run, but why the hell are you just bumping him all the way up to 39 minutes on the 2nd night of a back to back? When he still is probably getting right from coming back from injury? His previous high in minutes this year was 17...

edited: Walton is always a donkey. Not just sometimes.

Walton is such a donkey sometimes man. I love that he finally gave DQJ extended run, but why the hell are you just bumping him all the way up to 39 minutes on the 2nd night of a back to back? When he still is probably getting right from coming back from injury? His previous high in minutes this year was 17...

edited: Walton is always a donkey. Not just sometimes.
There is almost no rhyme or reason for anything he does. JJ gets minutes one game, then doesn't come in until like 89 seconds left after being down by 15-22 all night, haha.

Whoever in the coaching staff is changing Fox's game keep passing more than scoring should be fired. Fox is the best penetrator/slasher on this team and he should be scoring first on every drive over passing. That and especially considering that Bagley, Holmes, and Whiteside are all scrappy offensive rebounders that recover/cleanup any missed drive. Fox's slashing is what made Haliburton effective in the early games because they compliment. Now both Fox and Haliburton are many passing even we no longer even have Barnes was the alternative slasher of the team. Fire Walton!

Oh wait! Someone anointed CoJo as the slasher. TF! Luke Walton!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Walton Watch;

“Told the guys we played very hard. Keep playing that way and we’ll get back on track. They’re very good.”

“We fought, and bottom line is if there is effort we will get through this tough stretch.”

Not very exciting tonight.

I defended Buddy last game but I gotta rip him on this one. Was one of his worst games (IMO) in a while, because he clearly wasn't feeling it outside of that 1 min stretch but just kept shooting 3s. C'mon Buddy you're better than that. Walton might need to look into getting him some rest too because he's played the most minutes on the team by far; prior to this game he was at 1000 mins for the season - Barnes and Fox were at 948/932 with Tyrese next in line below 800. He's also second on the team in per game distance covered (in-line with the high minutes) behind Barnes; naturally totals are highest on the team too. The speed stats are interesting too - with Fox near the bottom of the roster (though this might make sense given that PGs would typically walk the ball up).

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/speed-distance/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612758&sort=DIST_MILES&dir=1

(Edit: footnote - the distance/speed stuff might not be tracked in all games)

Fox must really not want to go to the all star game this year.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
And the other issue is that the Kings rely on challenging from behind and you see the real weakness with him out there, where you need size and length he's up against somebody 6 inches taller. He can't recover that way, he's too small.
Cojo is 6'3" and Middleton is 6'8". Who on God's earth thinks that's a good matchup? Cojo also has the worse +/- on the team. He shouldn't even be on the floor. He's not the defender he used to be, he's not a good offensive player, and he struggles to make an entry pass. Any momentum we have is usually destroyed the minute he comes on the floor. He's really good at pounding the ball though.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
You know, I've figured out that these losses are easier to tolerate if you just don't watch them.

I've been pretty busy with life/work stuff and frankly, if things keep up like this, I'll probably just start watching only the wins on the DVR. I haven't watched more than maybe 30 minutes of the games on this losing streak and I really don't feel all that bad about it.:oops:

You know, I've figured out that these losses are easier to tolerate if you just don't watch them.

I've been pretty busy with life/work stuff and frankly, if things keep up like this, I'll probably just start watching only the wins on the DVR. I haven't watched more than maybe 30 minutes of the games on this losing streak and I really don't feel all that bad about it.:oops:
I haven’t missed a game this year but it’s so demoralizing to be down 20 every game. There is losing and then there is this.

I think after the trade deadline we will have a reason to tune in again.

They honestly don't deserve our views if they are playing (really, being coached) like this. It's extremely offensive to me as a fan for a team to expect fans to watch when they are playing like this. And it's honestly not so much the tanking. It's the way they are tanking. The problem for us to tank the right way (playing the youth heavily) is that our youth are too good, and sent us on a winning streak. So what do they do? Play mediocre vets who have earned their spot on the bench, so that they lose games, and maybe increase their trade value.... by showcasing them leading their team to long losing streaks of course.

There's so much wrong with that strategy I can't even begin to list it all. But just know as a fan you are under no obligation to watch this garbage. I honestly didn't even know there was a game today until I checked a few minutes ago.

Seems like Tyrese isn't having it though, by the game he had tonight.

Last edited:

Yep. Speed view via DVR.

I won’t put in the effort of watching live and in full until they put in the effort of trying to win like they did during the 7 of 8 streak. I was watching intently then. Then it took 2-3 games after to recognize that they weren’t worthy of planning my evening around and watching live again.

I haven't made appointment viewing the last week and a half or so. I tune in when I see there's a game on and if we are behind by 10+ I just say cool and go do something worthwhile. I have too much other stuff to do than suffer.