[Game] Kings at Mavs, 1/14

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ohhhhh. The Battle for LA getting ready for tip-off on NBA-TV. A chance to see Bynum exposed for the fraud he really is by none other than the reigning rookie of the year. I feel myself drawn like a moth to the flame.

View attachment 3943

Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon

We broil sesame seed-topped salmon fillets in a sweet-and-salty marinade of soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger.

Notes

The natural richness of salmon and it's high amount of Omega-3's makes it a great choice for a healthy meal that doesn't need much added fat. By stuffing a mixture of fresh herbs into the fillets, through a pocket, the fish is infused with bright flavors. A light glaze during the cooking process is the final touch.

Ingredients
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
2 scallions
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 center cut skin-on wild salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1 1/3 cups cooked edamame
Lime wedges, optional garnish

Preheat the grill over medium-high direct heat. Oil the grill grates. Finely chop the cilantro and scallion and mix in the oil and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut two 3-inch long slits through the skin lengthwise on the bottom of the salmon fillets, going about halfway into the salmon. Evenly stuff the slits with the herb mixture. Season the fish with salt and pepper.

Stir together the lime juice, soy and honey until smooth. Place the salmon, skin side up, on the grill and cook until well marked, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon and continue to cook, brushing the tops with the sauce, until the fish is cooked through, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle the tops with the sesame seeds. Serve with edamame and lime wedges.

Broiler directions: Position an oven rack so that a baking sheet set on the rack is about 4-inches below the heat source. Preheat the broiler. Prepare the salmon as above and place the fillets, skin down, on a foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil, basting 3 to 4 times with the sauce, until just cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes.

from www.foodnetwork.com
*drools*

6 blowout losses (7 if you count the Rockets loss) in 13 games. How is that even possible? How do you account for that level of failure? This is pitiful even by recent Kings standards.

Last edited:
A spectacular new low. This team, in their losses, are one of the worst I've ever seen. Note that I've said in our losses, because we generally don't keep it close if we're going to lose. Instead we decide not to pass to our team-mates, shoot the worst shot physically possibly, miss (obviously), don't play defense, etc. etc. etc. Disgusting basketball to watch.

I'm beginning to think this organisation is just ran badly from the top all the way down.

Losing Beno has really hurts us. He was our only true PG the last couple of years and he always tries to set people up and get a play going. The trade that got us Jimmer and Salmons is so pathetic. Kings might not be the worst team record-wise but we are the worst basketball team in the NBA right now. Period.

Losing Beno has really hurts us. He was our only true PG the last couple of years and he always tries to set people up and get a play going. The trade that got us Jimmer and Salmons is so pathetic. Kings might not be the worst team record-wise but we are the worst basketball team in the NBA right now. Period.
The wizards say hello :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good lord. These guys couldn't hit water from a boat. At this point, I think I'll be "happy" if we don't end up with fewer than 50% of the Mavericks' final score.

didnt smart say the team will be a running team... has it taken its toll that most of our players are dead tired or somethinG? everytime they go down or something doesnt go their way team reverts back to 1 on 1 (saw that in a couple of games before)

L

Lafayette

I thought we were going to be a playoff team. What happened?
1. We thought it was the COACH
2. We don't have any players that want to play defense (Salmons and Hickson)
3. Ball Hogs
4. Can't make a shot
5. Playoffs, you want to talk playoffs, playoffs!

I feel kind of bad for joining the fire Westphal brigade there towards the end, as it's already evident that he wasn't really the problem. This team is just flat garbage, end of story. They have "talent", "potential", yadda yadda yadda, but collectively they're embarrassingly, disgracefully, shamefully bad. I don't even know who to blame anymore, Kings curse?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I feel kind of bad for joining the fire Westphal brigade there towards the end, as it's already evident that he wasn't really the problem. This team is just flat garbage, end of story. They have "talent", "potential", yadda yadda yadda, but collectively they're embarrassingly, disgracefully, shamefully bad. I don't even know who to blame anymore, Kings curse?
They've been doing ok up to this one. They just have no experience and nothing more than a rudimentary system put in on the run. A great defensive team squeezes and they don't know what to do. People overreact to single games. This was bad, but the only lingering damage will be if it erodes the players' belief in Smart's system. Look at it this way -- Memphis, who made a deep run in the playoffs last year, got beat 104-64 in Chicago last week. It can happen to any team that's struggling. Just can't let it build.