[Game] Kings @ Mavericks, 1/27/2024, 6:00p PT/9:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all that Monk brings…EXCEPT his propensity to give away the ball and clank a couple of critical free throws at critical moments if a tight game.
It’s happened in the last couple weeks as far as freethrows go, but “a propensity” for that? That’s a strong statement i have to disagree with.

I have always taken note of his professionalism. It's really remarkable. He actually doesn't care about his stats. He could be a 20 point scorer easily on a mediocre team if he wanted to. The dude is so much more valuable than people give him credit for. The fact that he just magically steps up when we need him... people think that's an accident? Total pro. And.... as a pro... he doesn't choke on free throws!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, Barnes seems to be a calming presence. I think Fox has followed his lead in terms of attacking in smart ways, but, also relaxing and not forcing the issue. It’s beautiful to see with Sabonis as well

It’s happened in the last couple weeks as far as freethrows go, but “a propensity” for that? That’s a strong statement i have to disagree with.
Yeah, 0-4 in two most recent situations is weak. It's also very uncharacteristic. He and HB have been the two they try to get the ball to in end-of-game FT situations since Malik came to Sac and both have delivered much more often than not.

[QUOTE="Caccia, post: 1780672, member: 67572"Nice lead at the half, but I will not let myself get too excited, knowing what happened in Phoenix.[/QUOTE]

Another near meltdown at the end. Too much.

This was a particularly big win because not only does it put us up a game directly against a division rival but it helps us in the season series against this team. We are clearly better than the mavs.
Also as a confidence game it clarifies that we do belong in the playoffs and that the Mavericks are still probably a play in team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.