[Game] Kings at Mavs, 1/14

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So when are we going to see stop seeing this inconsistency from our three main players? I mean I don't expect them all to play good but you have to be kidding me...Reke has what...1 point? Cousins with 6 and Thornton with I'm guessing 2? mind = blown -___-

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think I've developed bi-polarity. Going from the high of watching the 49ers win to the low of seeing the Kings set a new franchise record for fewest points scored in a half is not how I envisioned this day going...

<@@>

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's almost inconceivable to realize that we once played a game where we got outscored 40-4 in the first quarter, and STILL had more points at the half than we do right now...

Great, we set a record.
Lowest first half points ever for Dal opponent at home.

I might jump on the Pritchard/Sloan train.
When are we going to stop trying to repair this disaster with coaching? Coaching only gets you so far. Expecting a coach to win with this team is like expecting an Indy car driver to win the Indy 500 in a 1975 Pacer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm switching back and forth from the game to the Miracle Blade Knives with Chef Tony infomercial... knives are winning.
On Dirty Jobs, Mike is learning how to be a barber. Then, at about the half-hour mark, he'll end up at the Ophir Landfill outside of Oroville, learning about how to dump trash. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
When are we going to stop trying to repair this disaster with coaching? Coaching only gets you so far. Expecting a coach to win with this team is like expecting an Indy car driver to win the Indy 500 in a 1975 Pacer.
Nah, this isn't this team per se. Far far more talent on this team then the worst teams in history.

Kenny Natt redux? God, I hope not!

At least NFL playoffs are on and full of intensity. Patriots Tom Brady of San Mateo CA has tied an NFL record with 6 TD passes and it's not even midway 3rd Q in stomping Broncos. Meanwhile, 49ers Alex Smith cements himself in San Fran history with "The Run" and then "The Throw" late in 4th Q to edge Saints and advance to NFL championship game. Ok, back to the Patriots blowout.

if there are other kings fans like me, then halfway through the second half google saw a huge increase in searches for "lowest amount of points scored by an NBA team"

FYI, it's 49 in the post shot clock era. Go niners?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
eatingwell_recipe_5405_lead.jpg

Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon

We broil sesame seed-topped salmon fillets in a sweet-and-salty marinade of soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger.

Notes

The natural richness of salmon and it's high amount of Omega-3's makes it a great choice for a healthy meal that doesn't need much added fat. By stuffing a mixture of fresh herbs into the fillets, through a pocket, the fish is infused with bright flavors. A light glaze during the cooking process is the final touch.

Ingredients
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
2 scallions
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 center cut skin-on wild salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1 1/3 cups cooked edamame
Lime wedges, optional garnish

Preheat the grill over medium-high direct heat. Oil the grill grates. Finely chop the cilantro and scallion and mix in the oil and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut two 3-inch long slits through the skin lengthwise on the bottom of the salmon fillets, going about halfway into the salmon. Evenly stuff the slits with the herb mixture. Season the fish with salt and pepper.

Stir together the lime juice, soy and honey until smooth. Place the salmon, skin side up, on the grill and cook until well marked, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon and continue to cook, brushing the tops with the sauce, until the fish is cooked through, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle the tops with the sesame seeds. Serve with edamame and lime wedges.

Broiler directions: Position an oven rack so that a baking sheet set on the rack is about 4-inches below the heat source. Preheat the broiler. Prepare the salmon as above and place the fillets, skin down, on a foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil, basting 3 to 4 times with the sauce, until just cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes.

from www.foodnetwork.com