Jon Brockman - Starting Center said by westfall on 1140

Hey guys im new here but im listening to 1140 right now and paul westfall said the brockness will be the starting center tomorrow and the next couple games.

He is 6"7? 6"9" somewhere around there.

Im not a fan of spencer so it will be nice to see brockman on the floor starting and playing more minutes.

Hey guys im new here but im listening to 1140 right now and paul westfall said the brockness will be the starting center tomorrow and the next couple games.

He is 6"7? 6"9" somewhere around there.

Im not a fan of spencer so it will be nice to see brockman on the floor starting and playing more minutes.

Actually, the exact quote from Westphal was that he would be the starting center "for a while". :)

I think this sends a really good message to the team about what is expected out of them in terms of effort and hustle.

K

Kingsguy881

GOOD! Defense and rebounding are huge.

This quality Westphal move endorsed by Kingsguy881.

Awesome. He's really earning this by playing so well. He's like our version of Chuck Hayes for Houston. Did any of you guys notice how Diaw was lighting us up and the Brockness monster shut him down vs Charlotte? Our D is way better with the Brockness monster in the game. Damn Brockman is freaking awesome:cool::D

It will be nice to see brockman start.

That should entice spencer to play better. Honestly im tired of the kings frontline whining. Brockman is the only one i see who doesnt complain about calls and im happy he gets to start.

The 3 seconds they spend glancing to an official and complaining could be used to run down the court.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Good for him. He deserves it. The short thing is overblown. He produces on the court and the team is better with him in there. No one except for maybe Shaq can move him out of the paint and he's a rebounding vacuum cleaner.

THIS should be interesting...I wonder how long its been since a team started someone 6'7 at center??

edit: not making any comparisons...but if Wes Unseld can do it, so can his Brockness.

edit pt 2: just saw that the Rockets' Chuck Hayes is the shortest center in NBA history at 6'6.

Last edited:
And here we see it come to pass. Brockman will not not disappoint. I said it before and I'll say it again, Jon Brockman will finish as a top ten rookie, and, possibly make the all-rookie team. Anyone who rebounds at the rate that he does (and he's shown it's no fluke by this point) you simply cannot ignore. His rebounding rate is insane. And this will go down as the single best draft of any team in any sport of all time.

And here we see it come to pass. Brockman will not not disappoint. I said it before and I'll say it again, Jon Brockman will finish as a top ten rookie, and, possibly make the all-rookie team. Anyone who rebounds at the rate that he does (and he's shown it's no fluke by this point) you simply cannot ignore. His rebounding rate is insane. And this will go down as the single best draft of any team in any sport of all time.
That's quite a prediction. I mean, I like all of the Rookie's we drafted, and I think they will all be contributors, at different levels of course, to this team's future success. But your talking all time stuff, and not just for basketball. I won't say you're wrong, because it's simply too early to tell (they're all still rookies), but for you to be right, Tyreke and Casspi would have to be HOFers, with Brockman having Rodman-like impact.

The whole DeJuan Blair thing is debatable. I would still rather have him than Brockman.

Yeah Blair would've been sick. He's had some Barkley-esque games this year. He would've been a great pick. They questioned that he had damaged ACLs though. But he was who I wanted at that pick. Brockman's done a good job so far though.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Actually he has no ACLs.

Still a beast though. Destroyed OKC with a 28/21 game in about 31 minutes of pt.

Anyways...Shows how weaksauce our frontcourt is, but good for Brockman! I actually think he'll do alright as a starter...Until the foul trouble.

L

Lafayette

This is something that I feel excited about and it'll wake up some of the bums like JT and SH. The ROOKIES are taking over, ha!

K

Kingsguy881

The whole DeJuan Blair thing is debatable. I would still rather have him than Brockman.
The Spurs drafting Dejuan Blair does not in any way allow their draft to compete with the Kings drafting of Tyreke, Omri and Brockman. Blair is one guy, a stud, but it can't compete with Petrie drafting a superstar and 2 studs, one of which has all-star potential.

Brockman needs to go from and start wearing a headband. Then maybe we can find a Lockness monster sound and play it every time he rebouinds or blocks a shot.

At center #40 from the University of Washington

BIG!! JOHN!!!! BROCKMAAAAAAAAAN!!!

<insert lockness monster sound>