HOT TAKES THREAD!!!

Think you better check the stats.
About 80 percent of Bagley’s points this season have been at the rim.

He occasionally hits a three or a midrange.
But, is that his game. No way. I don’t see it.
He can definitely be a 20 pt player
Could he be a Durant type player one day. If he puts on some more muscle and
Diversified his game. Possible.

Freak: Sorry,
You lost me there.
Freak can cover 1-5,
Bagley is light years from being the Giannis.

Body type as well.
Ain’t happening!
A unicorn he’s not.

Once again, today’s NBA is predicated in guard play and wings! That’s a fact.
This is not 1998. Where big men were the key to winning championships. That ship has sailed.

Doncic will always have more value no matter what. Even if the stats are somewhat similar.
A couple questions. Do you know you put Durant and more muscle in the same line? :) Did you watch Giannis and Durant play thier rookie seasons? Giannis averaged 6.8 points per game. Durant averaged 20.3 points per game, a strong wind could have blown him off the court he was so thin:)

I avoided kf.com and STR yesterday. Didn't read any Kings related articles, except for a Q&A with Jason Jones at the Athletic. It was good for my health.

Jason Jones thinks highly of Brandon Williams. We know who he is sourcing info from and how he shapes his view.

I watched this last night:

Duncan was still a beast. Francisco Garcia, IT, Boogie, Jimmer, Throb, JT, Chucky Hayes...were on the Kings. None of those Kings players are on the Kings now. 6 years is a damn eternity in the NBA. Pretty certain, 6 years from now, Fox, Bags, and likely/hopefully Giles will be here. That's something to be happy about.

The “Scores” mentality died the second he was shipped out.

Vlade has done a lot of redeeming, but he royally screwed up that one.
Shumpert = Aubrey Huff/Pat Burrell during the 2010 Giant's WS run. Cancers in one setting, crazy invaluable in the other.

Posey/Bum/Lincecum = Fox, Bags, Giles. The young long term foundational pieces.

Long story short, yea, it sucked to see him go. But what we discovered this year is that the foundation is legit. For a counterpoint to just how nice this is, barring injury, compare this year's young core to the 2012 - 2013 core (Boogie, IT, Jimmer, Throb...).

Shumpert = Aubrey Huff/Pat Burrell during the 2010 Giant's WS run. Cancers in one setting, crazy invaluable in the other.

Posey/Bum/Lincecum = Fox, Bags, Giles. The young long term foundational pieces.

Long story short, yea, it sucked to see him go. But what we discovered this year is that the foundation is legit. For a counterpoint to just how nice this is, barring injury, compare this year's young core to the 2012 - 2013 core (Boogie, IT, Jimmer, Throb...).
Where are the hot takes?

A couple questions. Do you know you put Durant and more muscle in the same line? :) Did you watch Giannis and Durant play thier rookie seasons? Giannis averaged 6.8 points per game. Durant averaged 20.3 points per game, a strong wind could have blown him off the court he was so thin:)
Giannis played 20 games as a rook.
That Bucks team also had no talent. Similar to what Dallas is going through now.

It took until his 3rd year, because the change of coaches and all the new players.

Bagley has a lot more talent around him than Giannis had at the same point of their career.

I did say it’s possible Bagley could have a Durant type career. Go back and read it.
One think is being thin and muscular. Another is just being thin with no musculature.

Bagley And Fox look like they barely hit then weights. Hield on the other hand looks chiseled. Giles is also very thin. But, has a lot more muscle mass than Bagley.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Giannis played 20 games as a rook.
That Bucks team also had no talent. Similar to what Dallas is going through now.

It took until his 3rd year, because the change of coaches and all the new players.

Bagley has a lot more talent around him than Giannis had at the same point of their career.

I did say it’s possible Bagley could have a Durant type career. Go back and read it.
One think is being thin and muscular. Another is just being thin with no musculature.

Bagley And Fox look like they barely hit then weights. Hield on the other hand looks chiseled. Giles is also very thin. But, has a lot more muscle mass than Bagley.
. Giannis played 71 games as a rookie.

Seriously guys. We all have the internet. Use it.

In 5 years, when doing a re-draft, barring injury, Bagley will be in a tier by himself. At the very top followed by a Doncic, Trae, SGA, MPJ, and JJJ tier. Ayton, will be solid, but unspectacular, and end up worse than the players preceding him above.

Bagley is more in the mold of Giannis and Durant than Shaq and Hakeem. Bagley has a post up game, face up game, hits mid range jumpers, is starting to hit 3's, can drive to the basket and gets to the foul line at a high rate. He is anything but a one dimensional plodding 90's post player.
I never said he was a one dimensional plodding 90s player. Unless he can actually play more like Giannis and not just in the mold of Giannis, Doncic is going to have the upper hand because players like that are not only good but they make their teammates better. Right now Bagley is good but to be elite elite you need to make your entire team better by the things you do on the court.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We are a bad team that played far above our heads for 70% of the season. I can easily see another .500 struggle again next year.

Shumpert was the heart and soul of this team. We would be at least 5 wins better with him, this team died when he walked out the door.

The hottest of takes... Alec Burks is a man that exists.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade has some work to do. Fox and Bagley need to elevate their game another notch next season if the Kings want to be in the conversation for the 8th seed.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Vlade has some work to do. Fox and Bagley need to elevate their game another notch next season if the Kings want to be in the conversation for the 8th seed.
They’ll elevate, as will Giles.

But will it be enough? There’s still a lot of work to be done. We’re not anywhere close as it seemed a month ago.

They need to be elevated into becoming a great 1-2 punch pick and roll combo. They are showing they can be alright in motion and post up sets but what a waste of potential we're currently seeing. They could always shock in their improvement but somewhat like last year we're are seeing misuse albeit not nearly as profound or obvious as last year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They need to be elevated into becoming a great 1-2 punch pick and roll combo. They are showing they can be alright in motion and post up sets but what a waste of potential we're currently seeing. They could always shock in their improvement but somewhat like last year we're are seeing misuse albeit not nearly as profound or obvious as last year.
one is 21 years old the other is 20...I'm not too worried about them developing. They have that drive and desire to be great and want to win. The rest will take care of itself. They both ideally need to at the very least average 20 PPG next season for the Kings to be in Playoff contention, otherwise it's going to be another up hill battle.

We are a bad team that played far above our heads for 70% of the season. I can easily see another .500 struggle again next year.

Shumpert was the heart and soul of this team. We would be at least 5 wins better with him, this team died when he walked out the door.

The hottest of takes... Alec Burks is a man that exists.
Slab I love you and agree with you on alot you say, but we are not a BAD team. Imo we are a good young team that doesnt know how to win.

one is 21 years old the other is 20...I'm not too worried about them developing. They have that drive and desire to be great and want to win. The rest will take care of itself. They both ideally need to at the very least average 20 PPG next season for the Kings to be in Playoff contention, otherwise it's going to be another up hill battle.
My point is the quicker they develop chemistry as a tandem the better. Individually they are already headed there but they can't learn to play off of eachother if they aren't being put in a position to do so.