23.3% USG
11% TOV

Doncic:
32.4 MPG
54.6% TS
.408 FTr
30.2% USG
15.1% TOV

So Doncic rates are a poor #1 option (which is mightily impressive for a 19 year old rookie) while Bagley rates are a quality #2(again, very impressive). Bagley absolutely has to prove he can maintain this level of efficiency at 30+ MPG and a higher USG rate, but nothing in his profile suggests he won't be able to do so. He protects the ball, scores efficiently and gets to the free throw line at an above-average rate, nearing star territory in that category.

So why can't Bagley be "elite, elite"?
Because he’s not Luka Luka

Bagley:
24.6 MPG
58% TS
.397 FTr
23.3% USG
11% TOV

Doncic:
32.4 MPG
54.6% TS
.408 FTr
30.2% USG
15.1% TOV

So Doncic rates are a poor #1 option (which is mightily impressive for a 19 year old rookie) while Bagley rates are a quality #2(again, very impressive). Bagley absolutely has to prove he can maintain this level of efficiency at 30+ MPG and a higher USG rate, but nothing in his profile suggests he won't be able to do so. He protects the ball, scores efficiently and gets to the free throw line at an above-average rate, nearing star territory in that category.

So why can't Bagley be "elite, elite"?
Luka AST% 30,5
Bagley AST% 6,2

A good first option usually can also create for others and creating for others is very valuable. Bagley hasnt demonstrated that ability this season or basically ever in his career.

Also its a fairly big assumptipn that someone could maintain his efficency while increasing his usage to a first option level. I would say its pretty unlikely especially for a big man who gets relatively lot of his offense assisted to him by the primary creators. When you increase usage its usually increasing iso 1-1 situations and its hard to maintain efficency when thats the case.

Luka AST% 30,5
Bagley AST% 6,2

A good first option usually can also create for others and creating for others is very valuable. Bagley hasnt demonstrated that ability this season or basically ever in his career.
This is a ridiculous take and comparison. Bagley is a big. Luka is a wing and primary ball handler.

I think you’ll find that Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Malone, KG etc and current day guys such as Embiid, KAT, etc don’t have comparable AST% either. They’re not primary ball handlers or playmakers. But they are/were all first options.

You might as well compare Luka’s rebound% to that of Andre Drummond — it’s just as irrelevant.

This is a ridiculous take and comparison. Bagley is a big. Luka is a wing and primary ball handler.

I think you’ll find that Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Malone, KG etc and current day guys such as Embiid, KAT, etc don’t have comparable AST% either. They’re not primary ball handlers or playmakers. But they are/were all first options.

You might as well compare Luka’s rebound% to that of Andre Drummond — it’s just as irrelevant.
Its relevant because in general the best offense is created by players that can create to themselves and others. And those players usually are guards and wings. For example if we look at OBPM, thats been the case for at least couple of decades and in short thats basically why ball handling creator guards/wings are more valuable than offensive bigs. At least as a first option. And thats why this was relevant, we were talking about player being the first option

So I was at the game, it was a tough loss I could sense coming two minutes into the 4th quarter!

Was anything said on the broadcast about the multiple moving screens made by the Nets to free up Russell? To me it did appear to be a loosely officiated game as you sometimes see...........The Refs let them play is what you commonly hear on a night like this. Dudley looked like a NFL lineman the way he was blocking Fox to free up Russell!

Take a deep breath people. The NBA season is really long and some guys are mentally beat up by now. It takes some experience to deal with it.

My hot take is that Fox, Bagley and Giles are already great players, that continue to improve with very steep learning curves. Barnes is playing great. That is a great nucleus to build around. Buddy needs a vacation. He was very ineffective last night, but will bounce back. He is showing mental and some physical fatigue. I think Bogi is playing hurt and not very well at the moment. Belli is a useful player to have around. Willie needs to go.

Joerger and Vlade are not going anyhwere any time soon. This would be a good time for a team meeting and some discussion about what happened last night against Brooklyn.

Here's a HOT TAKE.

Step OFF the ledge people!

This is a terrible loss, but this did not make or break our season. We were not going to make the playoffs this year. Period, end of story!

The team has overachieved beyond anybody's expectations.

Vlade and Joeger are not going anywhere. They will be here for the foreseeable future, and rightfully so.

This will be a valuable learning experience, but the Kings will need to grow a set of "%$@#" for next year and they will. ;)
This was one of our worst losses ever and a historic loss for the NBA in general. It could serve as a learning experience or it could serve as a complete confidence destroyer that affects our team from the top all the way down. This was the kings reverting back to our old Kangz ways and the national media is Going to be laying into them all day. There is really nothing that can be said in the locker room either to make this feel better. That’s how bad this loss was.

When the season is over we will find out what injury Bogi has been playing through. (guessing - I don't know).
Domeinitus, an unusual mental disorder that overestimates ones prowess while dribbling through traffic, laissiz-faire defense, forcing shots at inopportune times.

Thought to be caused by a false sense of grandiosity after hitting one shot of importance and believing themselves to be the next Big Shot Rob.

When the season is over we will find out what injury Bogi has been playing through. (guessing - I don't know).
If Bogi is really playing through an injury (and he may very well be), then our FO is stupid for continuing to play him. Wins don't mean SH*T at this point - the development AND HEALTH of our young core is what matters. This is not about this year, it's about the next 5 to 8 years. If he's injured, shut him down and let him start his rehab.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
All they have to do is win every single game the rest of the season and then maybe I'll be able to get this awful taste out of my mouth. It's like a bad brain bruise that might take weeks, if not months, to recover from. Who isn't going to be thinking in every game in which the Kings are leading in the 4th quarter that they aren't going to do the same thing again? Just brutal.

Was anything said on the broadcast about the multiple moving screens made by the Nets to free up Russell? To me it did appear to be a loosely officiated game as you sometimes see...........The Refs let them play is what you commonly hear on a night like this. Dudley looked like a NFL lineman the way he was blocking Fox to free up Russell!
This is where the Kings will need to learn to fight fire with fire. If the other team is doing it and getting away with it, the Kings need to put out their own justice and not get bullied. The Clipper did it to them and the Bucks too.

I hope the FO does something to bring in some "tough guys" this summer to help back up the players. I think losing Shump hurt more than people realize, because of the take "No S#$!" attitude he brought to the team. This team is just getting bullied and they need to take a stand, if they want to take the next step.

I don't want to call them soft right now, since they are young. But they need to learn that the NBA is a grown man's league and these guys need to get more physical and learn what the refs will and will not let them get away with. Until they learn that, it will be hard for them to take that next step to become a perennial playoff team.

For Bagley to be Elite.
Better ball handler, better rebounder, better defender(Jefferson took him to
School on that last play) and consistent mid range.

He’s played great. Beyond expectations. But, Elite? He’s still far away. KAT and his 20-20 last night. That’s Elite.