HOT TAKES THREAD!!!

My hot take for the day.....

Vlade believes in this roster. Vlade believes certain players can play positions, like Bagley at SF, others do not.

So does Vlade pull a Popovich and name himself coach of this team and let Williams be his RC Buford?
Vlade and Joeger from all reports have a great relationship. I highly doubt Vlade would replace Joeger with himself.

Vlade traded for Harrison Barnes to be the Small Forward. I don't think Vlade was looking to play Bagley at the 3, at least not full time.

I think Vlade knows better than to make himself a head coach. I think Vlade will do the right thing and let Joeger coach and if Vlade can get a couple of very good players this summer, I think the Kings make the Playoffs next year.

My guts telling me the kings are going to move on from Joerger. And when that happens my 2 choices for our next coach are Luke Walton or Becky Hammon. I’d definetly lean Becky because of who she’s been studying under. Our young team would suit her perfectly.

My guts telling me the kings are going to move on from Joerger. And when that happens my 2 choices for our next coach are Luke Walton or Becky Hammon. I’d definetly lean Becky because of who she’s been studying under. Our young team would suit her perfectly.
I get the feeling Hammon’s the heir apparent in San Antonio. Ime Udoka is probably the more attainable Spurs assistant. Messina, too, if you want to gamble on his ability to manage a young roster. I would not like to make that bet.

Willie-Cauley Stein has shown he can shoot mid-range jumpers, so his FT % is a bigger enigma than ever. He's gotta get back to 70% to start if even res-signed

I haven't looked but how many games have the Kings won this season with a lower FG% than their opponent? When a team doesn't shoot well, it must pick up the defense (turnovers forced) and/or FTA. Winning with a lower FG% usually indicates uptick in defense and/or a bunch of FTM.

I’d take Blatt over both and have him at 1

I’d take Blatt over both and have him at 1
I’m curious, based upon what exactly? I realize Blatt was successful overseas but he’s completely unproven in the NBA. IDK that we really learned anything from his short stint in CLE so I guess my question to you is why do you have him as your #1? What sticks out about him that intrigues you?

I’m curious, based upon what exactly? I realize Blatt was successful overseas but he’s completely unproven in the NBA. IDK that we really learned anything from his short stint in CLE so I guess my question to you is why do you have him as your #1? What sticks out about him that intrigues you?
His proven track record overseas but you touched on that. He was a great coach on defense with Cleveland and showed that as well vs GSW in the finals. He would have had more success if He were allowed to coach and didn’t run into the most uncoachable Star ever.

Last edited:
I seriously can't help but feel like this team has given up after the ASB. I feel like I'm just a broken record, but they just haven't been fun to watch lately. I can't wait when people stop throwing around the youth excuse next year. Nuggets also have young players, but they're winning games.

All of these players get 17.5mpg+

Jokic 23
Murray 21
Harris 24
Beasley 22
Morris 23
Lyles 23
Hernangomez 23

Fox 21
Buddy 26
Barnes 26
Bagley 19
Bogdan 26
WCS 25
Giles 20 (14.1mpg)

Team is not "super young" by any means.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I seriously can't help but feel like this team has given up after the ASB. I feel like I'm just a broken record, but they just haven't been fun to watch lately. I can't wait when people stop throwing around the youth excuse next year. Nuggets also have young players, but they're winning games.

Jokic 23
Murray 21
Harris 24
Beasley 22
Morris 23
Lyles 23
Hernangomez 23

Fox 21
Buddy 26
Barnes 26
Bagley 19
Bogdan 26
WCS 25
Giles 20 (14.1mpg)

The Nuggets are a year further along the road than we are.

You're conveniently leaving Milsap (33), Will Barton, Torrey Craig, and Plumlee (all 28) off that list and forgetting to mention that the Nuggets have also struggled haaaaaaard down the stretch to the point that Jokic is having to make public statements to get his teammates to relax.

Jokic 23
Murray 21
Harris 24
Beasley 22
Morris 23
Lyles 23
Hernangomez 23

Fox 21
Buddy 26
Barnes 26
Bagley 19
Bogdan 26
WCS 25
Giles 20 (14.1mpg)

Lol

Nice work attempting to shift the context. Their main 3 cogs have been together for 3 years, Harris, Barton and Jokic for 4, Plumlee for 2 and a half, Millsap for 2 and they've had the same coach with this core for 4 seasons now. They're in a completely different part of their timeline than we are.

The Nuggets are a year further along the road than we are.

You're conveniently leaving Milsap (33), Will Barton, Torrey Craig, and Plumlee (all 28) off that list and forgetting to mention that the Nuggets have also struggled haaaaaaard down the stretch to the point that Jokic is having to make public statements to get his teammates to relax.
I'd say 2 or 3 years further in their timeline than we are. That's a "veteran" team in the sense their core has been together for a long time now with a coach that's been with them the whole time. They're supposed to be good by now.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I know one guy on the Kings who has unilaterally shut himself down - WCS. He's not even good at pretending he's playing hard. It's like watching a very bad acting performance from a B actor, who no matter how hard you try you just can't suspend your disbelief, leaving the entire acting performance as a mock parody of the acting profession. (WCS, please get some acting lessons in the offseason). He's shut himself down, and he'll only pretend fairly well that he's playing hard when he gets flack on his lousy effort.

Last night was the perfect start for him - he didn't even jump for the "jump ball." First play of the game.:D:rolleyes: I mean you can't even make this stuff up! If I started typing up something at the beginning of the season and said WCS is the type of guy who puts out so little effort you're going to be lucky he even jumps for the jump ball you'd roll your eyes at the hyperbole. But that's what he did!:D It was all downhill after that, with the typical not getting back on defense; looking at the guard dribbling the ball upcourt rather than sprinting back the floor on D. He's the same guy he was last year, which I highlighted during the summer, from which I got flack about how I was sooooo unfair to poor WCS. Shut him down, Kings' medical staff. He's shown the symptoms.

Jokic 23
Murray 21
Harris 24
Beasley 22
Morris 23
Lyles 23
Hernangomez 23

Fox 21
Buddy 26
Barnes 26
Bagley 19
Bogdan 26
WCS 25
Giles 20 (14.1mpg)

The Kings came out of the ASB playing their ass off and barely losing to elite opponents in heartbreakers. I do think all those close L's wore them down a little... but oh they were so close to pulling off stunners vs Nuggets and Warriors there. Too bad but it was still a good season.

I don't think the team had any "quit" in them. I just think our luck ran out and we ran out of gas a little. Still hoping for 41-41

I know one guy on the Kings who has unilaterally shut himself down - WCS. He's not even good at pretending he's playing hard. It's like watching a very bad acting performance from a B actor, who no matter how hard you try you just can't suspend your disbelief, leaving the entire acting performance as a mock parody of the acting profession. (WCS, please get some acting lessons in the offseason). He's shut himself down, and he'll only pretend fairly well that he's playing hard when he gets flack on his lousy effort.

Last night was the perfect start for him - he didn't even jump for the "jump ball." First play of the game.:D:rolleyes: I mean you can't even make this stuff up! If I started typing up something at the beginning of the season and said WCS is the type of guy who puts out so little effort you're going to be lucky he even jumps for the jump ball you'd roll your eyes at the hyperbole. But that's what he did!:D It was all downhill after that, with the typical not getting back on defense; looking at the guard dribbling the ball upcourt rather than sprinting back the floor on D. He's the same guy he was last year, which I highlighted during the summer, from which I got flack about how I was sooooo unfair to poor WCS. Shut him down, Kings' medical staff. He's shown the symptoms.
According to Jason Anderson in today’s Bee, Cauley-Stein said “I can’t wait to get out”

Dudes a clown. He’s already blaming the Kings for his failed play

SLAB

Hall of Famer
According to Jason Anderson in today’s Bee, Cauley-Stein said “I can’t wait to get out”

Dudes a clown. He’s already blaming the Kings for his failed play
Good blanking riddance if true and in context. The next guy might not have the talent he has (motor or not Willie is damn talented) but he’ll play 100% harder nearly 100% of the time.

Looks like we have some good drama coming our way. Sacto style.

How Vlade deals with Williams and Joerger is central to our continued success.

Looks like we have some good drama coming our way. Sacto style.
How Vlade deals with Williams and Joerger is central to our continued success.
I look for Vlade to quietly usher Williams out the door. And because he does it in this way, quietly and with dignity, he will have a much better chance of recruiting a quality replacement to fill Williams' shoes. A glitzy "you're fired" moment would have satisfied us fans a few weeks ago, but ultimately would have been a disservice to the team in filling that important spot for the next stretch.

I look for Vlade to quietly usher Williams out the door. And because he does it in this way, quietly and with dignity, he will have a much better chance of recruiting a quality replacement to fill Williams' shoes. A glitzy "you're fired" moment would have satisfied us fans a few weeks ago, but ultimately would have been a disservice to the team in filling that important spot for the next stretch.
I hope so.

I just dont want Vlade to go with the whole lets be friends and work things out. Its clear Joerger and Williams have a fractured relationship and you dont want Joerger starting to think about the Minny opening and options he has.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I hope so.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That’s Jason Anderson’s bad for stirring the pot. He needs to figure that out before writing it
Is that this guy's MO? I haven't been in Sac or picked up the Bee since Jason Jones left. Glancing around seems this guy is a total hack?

I'm hoping Williams conveniently finds a "promotion" on another team and leaves on his own accord this summer. ;)

Keeping a good head coach happy is way more important than keeping a good assistant GM.