GAME THREAD: California Classic Day 2: Sacramento Kings vs. Bay Area Scum, 8 PM PST, 11 PM EST

Favorite moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just believe if a player is going to get praise when he does good, he also deserves criticism when he does bad. After 1 SL, people were coming out like they were right about Giles all along.

I know it's only SL. I actually care much less about Giles than I do Bagley anyways.
This may be news to you, but there's a standard cycle to how players are evaluated.

In years 1-2: upside is given far more attention, bad performance written off to inexperience

By year 3 or 4, a lot more focus on the negatives and making a call as to whether the player is gonna make it in the league or not.

As veterans, good/bad doesn't really move the needle. If Garrett Temple drops 40 points in a game nobody is calling him the next NBA superstar.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
how was daxter miles jr? he seems interesting
He wears very bright shoes. ;)

I like him. I think he has potential, but I'm not sure he's ready right now. I'd like to see him get a 2-way contract for the start of the season just to see how he progresses

I really hope the FO doesn't try to make Bagley into something he's not... look at them with Willie. Bagley needs to be put in PnR/PnP. Bagley is not a shot creator, I don't even know why someone tried to argue with me on this. He looks so uncomfortable because the team is asking him to create his own shot. He's just not there yet. Let's just focus on the things that he's already good at, and then build from there.
Do you think he should try pattern his game on Shawn Marion (No shame in being a multple time all star/NBA champion and beast two way player using elite athletic ability)?

But quick and athletic don’t help create space when you can’t dribble and shoot with the weak hand
They can if they have great motor and are smart enough. Quick and athletic bigs usually take advantage of ball movement/good PG. They score by running around defender, changing directions, reading defense and moving to the right spot.

I just believe if a player is going to get praise when he does good, he also deserves criticism when he does bad. After 1 SL, people were coming out like they were right about Giles all along.

I know it's only SL. I actually care much less about Giles than I do Bagley anyways.
It seems there are a few people at both ends of the bell curve getting very high and very low after each performance. However in total, I suspect most realize it’s a process.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It seems there are a few people at both ends of the bell curve getting very high and very low after each performance. However in total, I suspect most realize it’s a process.
I mean, the dude hasn't played meaningful basketball minutes since his junior year of high school (he played a little for Duke but by all accounts including his own, he was not ready to be playing again) so I'm going to take the positives more than I am the fact that he looks like he doesn't know how NBA players play the game.

Again Zach is big enough that he overpowers other players to get his shot. Same with al Jefferson. Who else u got
There are too many players to count who entered the league being one hand dominate. Here are two for you to consider. First, Isaiah Thomas. He always goes left and almost never uses his right hand around the basket. That never stopped him from scoring 20 pts a game. Second, Karl Malone. He entered the league with no left hand and didn't develop any semblance of one for many years. And before you try to say that he could overpower his opponent, he came into the league with a very similar build as Bagley.

Status
Not open for further replies.