[Game] Kings @ Hawks 11/18/15 - 5 PM PST, 8 PM EST

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Y'all getting mad about Karl's rotations, offensive/defensive sets, propensity to go small, misuse of players, and obsession with pushing the pace despite iffy results aren't even talking about the worst thing of all......

Thibs might get snatched up by Houston!

Gah!
There's that speculation because of his previous Houston connection, but its hard to imagine two guys who see basketball as differently as Thibs and Morey.

Last edited:
There's that speculation because of his previous Houston connection, but its to imagine two guys who see basketball as differently as Thibs and Morey.
I also can't see Thibs aching to join the Kings with 1) a roster decidedly not constructed around defensive acumen, and 2) an owner as jazzy as Ranadive.

I have watched a lot of Chicago basketball over the last three years. Thibs was really good at defense, but was awful at managing rotations, and his offensive sets often made Nate McMillan look like an offensive genius by comparison.

It actually wasn't after the early going.

It was good for about the first 4-5 minutes. Then it was a disaster. And you could feel the difference when WCS was in. We've felt it all year. Having that second 7 footer on the backline makes an enormous difference. Boogie challenges a shot outside, they swing the ball, and we are still ok, they drive and still run into a 7 foot rim protector. We've got a weakside rebounder. On several plays a hawk would probe, be shaded off by Boogie near the top of the free throw box, continue on, and then be shaded off by our second 7 footer as they ran out of real estate on the baseline. It makes a big difference in team defense.

The disaster came when Rondo decided give the ball away left and right to end the first half. When Acy switched screens, even later, he was holding his own in his match up. They both do well in that style of defense, the weak link is Koufos. He doesn't work well in screen switching and on pick and roll he trails back to the basket giving up the entire middle paint area. In the end, both Acy and Willie can run the type of defense Karl wants to.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Bmac for once plays very solid and his reward is getting taken out, the same thing has been occurring to WCS he pretty much all year plays well but they replace him. Quincy should only be used for 2-3 minute bursts that's how you maximize what he does than you put the athletic 7 footer (who also brings energy) for a long spell.

To me all year if feels like whoever is playing well is getting pulled out of the game regardless of the situation.
I wouldn't support your last sentence but I get it. Young players need to earn Karl's trust. I hope WCS earns it quickly is he is a great defender. I was puzzled at the lack of minutes BMac got as for once he seemed like a useful member of the team. My only theory is that Karl has a lot of skilled players to sort out, some having major role playing skills.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The disaster came when Rondo decided give the ball away left and right to end the first half. When Acy switched screens, even later, he was holding his own in his match up. They both do well in that style of defense, the weak link is Koufos. He doesn't work well in screen switching and on pick and roll he trails back to the basket giving up the entire middle paint area. In the end, both Acy and Willie can run the type of defense Karl wants to.
But switching screens is only half the equation.

Acy is a PF, not a guard. He can;t protect the rim, he can't rebound. When he is in there we get get killed whenever our lone true big has to leave the apint to chase anyone. We'd be better off having Rondo back there then Acy once the big guy is gone.