[Game] Game 3: Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 11/02/14, 12:30 PST, 3:30 EST

Spencer Hawes is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, both of our SGs are ignored in this offense. It'd be nice to actually get them back into it. Both can score and both can create. I see no need of Kevin Martin. Just need to let the young guards do what they can do. It looks like they've been handicapped. Whether by coaching design or not having the trust of teammates...I don't know.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Can't blame those clowns for having high basketball IQ.

Can't you see the fugly subs and combinations we're using and how the other team had capitalized on them?
That might be, but I've always thought that 90% of a coach's worth isn't anything you can see on the floor. Does he have guys playing together and hard? Does he have effective defensive and offensive schemes? We just see the rotations, but these games are often won and lost before you ever step on the floor.

Nik needs help to get good shots by way of passing and movemt. I'm not sure how feeding Reggie Evans is supposed to accomplish that.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Yeah. I'm almost ready to double down on that idea. I do think he might be available. And we are behind in this one in considerable part because we are 1-3 form 3ptland in this game. Clips are 7-15. We need a third scorer. We need a shooter. Hmm..
The writing is on the wall for him with Minn drafting Wiggins. They played Kev at SF and Young at PF last night. That's not a long-term plan.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The thing about Rudy is what looks like a bad shot for him many times isn't, due to his length and rhythm. What some think are forced/contested shots are good shots with the height on his release, it rarely if ever gets blocked.
It's his wide wing span.

We have a few people in learning mode and Malone is one of them. I like him as a coach and I suspect the players like him also. Clearly you have to give Malone credit for the improved defense.

On a different subject, let's remember that in the last 11 games, the Clippers have won 10.
This one I have to agree. It looks like he's got the players on board into playing defense. Collison's addition might have contributed a lot too. The young man is just so contagious out there.

But the sub pattern at and the small ball line-up which is clearly upto Malone?

Ewww.:confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, Grant? STFU again! You're about as supportive of our team as Doc Rivers at this point. YOU'RE THE KINGS COMMENTATOR, not Grant the sports talk radio host right now. You make Debbie Downer sound like Pollyana.

Honestly, both of our SGs are ignored in this offense. It'd be nice to actually get them back into it. Both can score and both can create. I see no need of Kevin Martin. Just need to let the young guards do what they can do. It looks like they've been handicapped. Whether by coaching design or not having the trust of teammates...I don't know.
probably a lot more of the latter, but, they dont seem to trust themselves, honestly. And thats a bigger
problem here, with Ben especially.