[Game] Game 3: Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 11/02/14, 12:30 PST, 3:30 EST

Spencer Hawes is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ode to a Third Scorer.

We need one. Hate to see all this improved defense and team play go to waste because everytime Cousins sits down we have to bite our nails just trying to hang on.
As you brought up somewhere else, Kevin Martin continues to make sense. Jeff Green is also out there and super available. Not a huge fan of either, but hey, options are limited. Both contracts fairly reasonable with the cap expanding. I'd give the edge to Martin because there is an obvious spot to slide him into. And he can easily transfer to the bench unit full time.

Why? He didn't curse, he didn't address anything specifically at the official AND when he walked off the court he acknowledged his lapse to the officials. The fact he DIDN'T get t'd up is discussion worthy in itself because it shows the officials are appreciative of all the advancement he's made.
I misheard a magic word.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Going after Kevin Martin makes more sense by the day, put up 33 last night.

We really do a need a consistent 3rd scorer.

Edit:
As you brought up somewhere else, Kevin Martin continues to make sense. Jeff Green is also out there and super available. Not a huge fan of either, but hey, options are limited. Both contracts fairly reasonable with the cap expanding. I'd give the edge to Martin because there is an obvious spot to slide him into. And he can easily transfer to the bench unit full time.
Looks like we're thinking the same!

K

KingMilz

The ghost of Marcus Thornton has possessed Ramon that's the only explanation I got for his pathetic play so far.

dude12

Hall of Famer
he certainly isn't a bad coach. we all know what a bad coach is, having experienced one or ... several, over the last 8 years, but
Malone isn't that. He just has some weaknesses that can be a bit frustrating, during games. weaknesses that can easily be fixed, though.
Part of that has to be the guys in the 2 nd unit not performing. Sessions ...dude play your game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And I do not think Kev would be adverse to coming back here where it all started. :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We have a few people in learning mode and Malone is one of them. I like him as a coach and I suspect the players like him also. Clearly you have to give Malone credit for the improved defense.

On a different subject, let's remember that in the last 11 games, the Clippers have won 10.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I think Rudy takes ugly shots except they go in. :) I need to get used to him.
The thing about Rudy is what looks like a bad shot for him many times isn't, due to his length and rhythm. What some think are forced/contested shots are good shots with the height on his release, it rarely if ever gets blocked.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kev-in Mar-tin. Clip, clap, clap, clap, clap. ;)
Yeah. I'm almost ready to double down on that idea. I do think he might be available. And we are behind in this one in considerable part because we are 1-3 form 3ptland in this game. Clips are 7-15. We need a third scorer. We need a shooter. Hmm..

He was 5-6, then took one jumper up top which was a bit forced but he's been hot for 6 straight quarters.

The anti-Rudy crowd continues to amuse.
I'm not anti-Rudy. But that shot he took was more than a bit forced. That time that preceded that was spent by Rudy dribbling for 15 seconds. It was a bad possession.