Emmanuel Mudiay

With the Knicks trading KP to Dallas for DSJ and the rumors around Kyrie in New York, I wonder if Mudiay is the odd man out for the Knicks. Would love to see if we could get him on a reasonable contract this offseason. Young piece that can keep the pace up when fox hits the bench, without us skipping a beat.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
His three point percentage hasn't improved but his overall scoring efficiency is night and day better this season. He's cut down on the turnovers too to the point where he's a net positive. Not high praise or anything but the standard "he's still only 22" caveat applies. The shooting is still a problem but as a backup on an affordable deal he makes enough plays to help a team. When you factor in age and injury-related decline, I could see him being a better rotational player than Jeremy Lin over the course of his next contract.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Knicks have an overabundance at pg because of their mistake in drafting Ntilikina over DSJ. Ntilikina was more of a project than DSJ. PGs always take longer to develop, and Ntilikina probably even moreso. Now the Knicks have done a do-over getting DSJ. The guy they really want to unload is their original sin - Ntilikina. I like to look for deep value. Ntilikina should be the target for the Kings. Get Ntilikina for a bag of chips to unload the Knicks' embarrassment from them. (I mean, really, having DSJ and Ntilikina on the same team now is like having Cain and Abel on the same team). He fits in perfectly with the fast break Kings' style. Then get the Kings' skills coach working on his shot and his game. He could be an excellent playmaking & defensive backup for Fox on a long term basis. And he's long enough to guard SGs.

If you don't think Ntilikina has potential, just read this scouting report from a couple of years ago:
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/frank-ntilikina

Another interesting tidbit to add onto that, I remember when Knicks fans were upset that they drafted Porzingis over Mudiay.

They were also disappointed in Ntilikina over DSJ. Now they have both guys.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Knicks have an overabundance at pg because of their mistake in drafting Ntilikina over DSJ. Ntilikina was more of a project than DSJ. PGs always take longer to develop, and Ntilikina probably even moreso. Now the Knicks have done a do-over getting DSJ. The guy they really want to unload is their original sin - Ntilikina. I like to look for deep value. Ntilikina should be the target for the Kings. Get Ntilikina for a bag of chips to unload the Knicks' embarrassment from them. (I mean, really, having DSJ and Ntilikina on the same team now is like having Cain and Abel on the same team). He fits in perfectly with the fast break Kings' style. Then get the Kings' skills coach working on his shot and his game. He could be an excellent playmaking & defensive backup for Fox on a long term basis. And he's long enough to guard SGs.

If you don't think Ntilikina has potential, just read this scouting report from a couple of years ago:
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/frank-ntilikina
Frank has been really bad offensively but defensively he's been really good.

His main issue has been unreasonable expectations foisted on him by the New York media machine and really bad coaching/management decisions. I agree that if we have a chance at buying low on him, it may be a good idea to give it a try.