Countdown to Feb 19th

So now that the All Star weekend is done, we have until Friday to see if GP does anything with this team. Rumors were hot with the Kings before last Friday, but since then, all I've heard about are the Cavs, Wizards, Mavs, Knicks, Heat, and Suns. Nothing over the break mentioned anything about the Kings and potential news.

Have teams lost interest in our pieces or do you think GP still has something up his sleeve? I know in the past we've had high hopes around this time of year, only to see them kind of dulled down with trades that we use for expiring contracts which then go to sub-par MLE's that we eventually let go after a season or two.

4 days left...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So now that the All Star weekend is done, we have until Friday to see if GP does anything with this team. Rumors were hot with the Kings before last Friday, but since then, all I've heard about are the Cavs, Wizards, Mavs, Knicks, Heat, and Suns. Nothing over the break mentioned anything about the Kings and potential news.

Have teams lost interest in our pieces or do you think GP still has something up his sleeve? I know in the past we've had high hopes around this time of year, only to see them kind of dulled down with trades that we use for expiring contracts which then go to sub-par MLE's that we eventually let go after a season or two.

4 days left...

In general we know one thing. Petrie keeps everything close to the vest. If there is a trade it probably won't happen until the last day or even minute. And it will probably be a trade no one has talked about. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. The lack of info is the norm for him. Having been a player himself he doesn't like to throw around players names until its a done deal.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If Kenny Thomas doesnt get traded, the Webber for movable peices line, becomes almost funny.
You know, I think that one has been fair game for quite a while now.

Assume we trade KT by the deadline. It's not like anybody is going to say, "Hey, look! KT was movable! We got out from under the last $3M we owed him!"

Amick just tweeted that all remains quiet for the Kings on the trade front, but it could heat up in the next few days. Martin is still not going anywhere, and he's mianly tracking K9 and Noc.

Last edited:
well, considering some of the recent names tossed around...i'm starting to pray absolutely nothing happens.

the only thing i'd be interested in is a defensive big.

troy murphy != defensive big.

I am fully expecting one of two things:
A) No trades
B) Trades that will make me wish option A happened.
Exactly!
I wish Petrie could be more like the politicians and leak rumors to the press so he could hear what Wolf Blitzer, and Kings fans thought before pulling the trigger. ;)

I don't think anything will happen. Its pretty obvious that we will not trade Kevin and no one in their right mind will take on Nocioni and Beno so I think we stand pat.

I would love to hear a trade announced for Dalembert but I don't think thats going to happen.

Murphy would make me throw up in my mouth!

I don't think anything will happen. Its pretty obvious that we will not trade Kevin and no one in their right mind will take on Nocioni and Beno so I think we stand pat.

I would love to hear a trade announced for Dalembert but I don't think thats going to happen.

Murphy would make me throw up in my mouth!
Yeah, pretty much what I'm thinking too...and I really hope to God that the Murphy thing is only a rumor that the media stirred up. I think we'll stand pat, though. So surprise me Petrie! :D

If Kenny Thomas doesnt get traded, the Webber for movable peices line, becomes almost funny.

That's actually pretty true in the sense that we basically got NOTHING out of that deal in the long run. He's a nice expiring but Petrie needs to move Noc for at least partial expirings to give us a shot to improve the team this summer.