Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a non-basketball note, I'm not from around the Sacramento area, but can someone tell me if the asian food place called "Pick Up Sticks" (??) is any good? I really dislike the radio commercial, but it's on all the time during these broadcasts.

Entity

Hall of Famer
HndsmCelt said:
Pedaj missing 7 of 9... normaly you would want to see a player who is struggleing like this take the ball inside to help get his game going, but Pedja actualy seems to miss more lay ups than 3 pointers.
I guess we could hope for 4 techs against the Clippers so Peja can get into double figures. hmmmm Corlis has 8 points in 10 min we are losing the game. I wonder who would be the best man to go with at SF in the 4th

piksi

Hall of Famer
4cwebb said:
Rebraca is owning the Kings? Good to see that the trade didn't take away a scrub's ability to have a career night against the Kings.
Zeljko Rebraca is not a scrub. That man has won everything but the NBA title. Has been best center in Europe before coming to the NBA. He can play.

I do not get the game where I live and no pbp by VF tonight so I am following sportsline. It says on there only 8 minutes for Evans.. Did he not play well when he was in? It's hard to know what is going on just by looking at sportsline, but it doesn't appear anyone is D-ing up and we are getting killed on the boards.

Entity

Hall of Famer
the whole leader bit with Peja was my attempt at jocularity. sorry I know he isn't the leader but hey when he is we are 13-3 that 13th came back in 99 i believe.

piksi said:
Zeljko Rebraca is not a scrub. That man has won everything but the NBA title. Has been best center in Europe before coming to the NBA. He can play.
I'll admit to knowing nothing of his game other than what I've seen in the NBA, and I think on his NBA body of work, his 6 ppg and 3 rpg career averages speak for themselves.

I'll take your word for it that he was quite a player in Europe. I think his NBA stats at least justify use of the term "NBA-scrub".

piksi

Hall of Famer
BullKing said:
Yeah, i wouldn't call him a scrub, but he is no Superstar either. Sorry, but being a "star" in europe doesn't mean squat in the NBA.
You right but they are still good enough to beat a "dream team" so it also works other way around

piksi said:
You right but they are still good enough to beat a "dream team" so it also works other way around
I'd argue that there's really only been one "Dream Team"...the rest of the iterations were pretenders at best.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Entity said:
the whole leader bit with Peja was my attempt at jocularity. sorry I know he isn't the leader but hey when he is we are 13-3 that 13th came back in 99 i believe.
and yet he still plays in kings uniform

Entity

Hall of Famer
5 kings players in double figures and none of them Peja. Williamson has 12 points in 13 min with any luck he will get 20 min tonight.

Kings aren't really getting abused on the boards tonight, but I think it's still noteworthy that our SFs (Peja and Corliss) have 2 rebounds.

Clippers up 5 after a turnover by Kings. 8 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.