Brandon Jennings

I found it, but I don't think it's board friendly. Alot of swearing in it.

I don't hear him bad mouthing Rubio in there, but I may have missed it among all the blind stupidity. Joe Buddens sounds about as smart as a giraffe on LSD.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I don't hear him bad mouthing Rubio in there, but I may have missed it among all the blind stupidity. Joe Buddens sounds about as smart as a giraffe on LSD.
A giraffe on LSD. Wow! what an image.:)

here's the dialogue
On next season in Milwaukee ...

Budden: You better worry about Ramon Sessions, diggin' in your a**, pause.
Jennings: He's not going to be here. [inaudible] That money is going to Charlie.
Budden: N****, Ramon Sessions is gonna be there.
Jennings: I doubt it.
Budden: They ain't go no other guards.
Jennings: Ridnour.
Budden: N****, get that bum-a** n**** outta here.
Jennings: He's going to be a backup.
Budden: To who?
Jennings: To who? Who else n****?

On what happened on draft night ...

Budden: Who was hatin' on you?
Jennings: Jay Bilas.
Budden: What happened? You ran in the draft late or some dumb s*** like a loser?
Jennings: No, I was at the hotel. This is what happened right. My agent is like "Well, we ain't hear nothing .We ain't have no guarantee." So we makin' phone calls and s*** and n***** is saying like "The workouts is great and everything and he's the best point guard but we don't know yet, we just don't know."
Budden: They didn't say that about Rick Rubio, number one, and number two they didn't say you the best point guard. They said your jump shot is shaky, you got some potential, but your work ethic is bull****. You averaged 3 points.
Jennings: You're a liar. I know you're lying now.
Budden: I'm just telling you what they said.
Jennings: That ain't nothing but a college person.
Budden: Just tell me what happened. You end up running in the draft? I tunred it off after that.
Jennings: No, n****, I came out there and made my appearance n**** and I had the best appearance out of all them n******. And I was the best dressed, they said, by the way. I was the best dressed.

On whether he'll start next season ...

Budden: You think you gonna start for real though?
Jennings: I don't know, actually, I really don't know.
Budden: I heard that n**** Scott Skiles is an a**h***.
Jennings: That n**** tough, that n**** tough though. There must be a reason he liked me. There must be a reason.

On Ricky Rubio and the Knicks ...

Budden: Let me know when Minnesota get there. So I can watch Rubio light your f****** a** up. I never seen a n**** hate on Rubio so much.
Jennings: [inaudible]
Budden: You know what's funny? You're the only guard in the draft talking s*** about Rubio.
Jennings: The other n***** are scared.
Budden: What are you going to do when Rubio comes to the Knicks?
Jennings: Rubio is not coming, they are not giving up Rubio. You got Jordan Hill, you happy with that?
Budden: I don't really know enough about Jordan Hill to be happy ... I'm happy with Toney Douglas.
Jennings: I know they were booing this n****.
Budden: What does that mean? They boo everybody n****.
Jennings: If it was Stpehen Curry, them n***** would've went crazy in there.
Budden: Shut the f*** up, you don't even know nothing about New York basketball.
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** skipped out on me.
Budden: Oh man, you feel to the Knicks like I do about Jay-Z? [Laughs] Yo, the Knicks is your Jay-Z?
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** is always going to be weak.
Budden: This is where I f****** hang up on your f****** *** for talking stupid.
Jennings: Duhon ain't gonna get it done.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I really wanted to give this kid a fair shake, but I'm so glad this guy isn't disgracing the Wildcats or the Kings.

I don't know...something got me riled up about Jennings......he makes a good case for Euthanasia :I
My point was you never made reference to what happened. Just a random blurb about Jennings. Which is probably what most thought about him already.

Last edited:

Not cool, man. Giraffes everywhere are insulted. Including the ones on LSD.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm struggling to figure out who was the dumber, the interviewer or the interviewee. I'm mildy surprised they had the combined wattage to have a conversation. Well...sort of.

Yeah, thats a pretty ridiculous conversation. Then again, I have a hard time hating on him for doing it because you know he is still just a kid. Half the players in the league are probably like that, they just are better at hiding it from the public. I'd like to see more class but I'm not going to think he is a less of a person.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Ur a UA fan??? Nice! Me too, but I don't get to see many of their games :(

Always good to see another supporter of Wildcat basketball :D
Yeah, I'm actually looking at trying to apply to a grad program there if I can do it online. But I've been a fan since I was about 12, the Sean Elliot days. My dad graduated from there and I was set to go there until I decided to go to school in Boston at the 11th hour. I don't get to see too many of their games either but looking forward to trying this season. Their draft class looks fantastic for 3 months of slim pickins and Miller seems like a fantastic pick to succeed Lute. It was getting pretty sketchy for a day thinking Theus might actually be a real possibility.

S

sactownfan

I'm struggling to figure out who was the dumber, the interviewer or the interviewee. I'm mildy surprised they had the combined wattage to have a conversation. Well...sort of.
dang brick.... tell those n****s! f*** that s*** brick! tell it how it is my n****!

LOL!!!!

gosh thats too much! Jennings is a nut case!

just Wow!!! on this topic

for the first time in awhile i thought of Sprewell

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thats a pretty ridiculous conversation. Then again, I have a hard time hating on him for doing it because you know he is still just a kid. Half the players in the league are probably like that, they just are better at hiding it from the public. I'd like to see more class but I'm not going to think he is a less of a person.
You are the person you present yourself as. We have players that are or were that age. They don't seem to permanently have a foot in in their mouths like Jennings seems to. (Altho Donte did a really dumb thing to BJax's car.)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
(Altho Donte did a really dumb thing to BJax's car.)
Yeah, dumb in that he didn't actually blow it up. Trash my car to "teach me a lesson" and see what happens. ;)

When I worry about Donte I worry about hsi maturity and dedication to this game as a profession. Whether he burns to succeeed, is focused on it, and has the work ethic to work his butt off improving himself. I'm not worried about him standing up for himself when a bully sucker punches him.

Last edited:
A little backstory:
Brandon and Joe Buddens are friends (maybe not now that this was released). To them this is probably just a conversation. Rumor is that Brandon may not have known this was being recorded.

Anyway on to the real story at hand:

Brandon really needs to deflate that ego he's got going on there. Or hire a good PR because this isn't good at all for him image-wise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think once he actually gets his clock cleaned a couple of times in the NBA, his ego will find itself occupying a lot less space...

He can talk the talk but I'm thinking his ability to walk the walk is going to be sorely tested by guys who aren't impressed with loud-mouthed rookies who haven't done diddily or squat.

:)

You guys will find any excuse to hate this guy, won't you? Not trying to be the devil's advocate, but this is just idiotic of some of you.

The kid was talking to one of his "supposed" friends on the telephone, a conversation that he thought was just between him and his friend (and his friend's girl). Now, what Jennings didn't know was that Joe Budden has a streaming feed, and people watching the feed recorded it and put it on youtube.

I'm sure everybody talks trash to their friends, and a conversation that he thought was private between the three people involved ended up being recorded and put online. The kid wasn't looking for trouble when he said all of this, he just can't catch a break.

Now, I don't support him either, he has said a lot of stupid stuff, but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.