Brad out with broken thumb

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Again, I ask - if we lose enough games because of all the injuries and everything else, do we get both the first and second picks? :(

This really sucks. I thought Peja was taking all our injuy woes with him. Wasn't that the deal?????

VF21 said:
Hmmmm.

Looks as though my source was correct, doesn't it?

;)
DEAD on!

As for what now... Well with Skinner starting at the 5, Artest in at the 3 against Denver I'd recomend the Kings reinvent themselvs as a DEFENSIVE team tonight. doubt we can just flat out socre them UNLESS we can hold them under 100 and preferably around 90... Easier said than done I know. but Skinner and Artest on the floor IS a good start.

SacKings384 said:
And the annual Brad Miller Injury Goes To...

The Thumb!!! Come up and accept your award...

"I just wanted to thank Brad for being so injury prone, and his dad for giving me the gene that makes me so weak. Umm... Who else... O I would like to take this time to give thanks to my predecessors Brad's leg, shoulder, and ankle. Without you guys this award wouldn't exist... And um, I hope to be able to go down next year... Thank you! Thank you!"
Haha, that is hillarious!

hoops4kings said:
Grant just said the break was at the tip of Brad's thumb and he should be able to play this weekend.
Gotta be a new record for Brad breaking something (right on time I might add) but being able to come back this quickly is really something. What did they use super glue?

PFFFT!! said:
Dmass, you Brasilian? Your sig is in portuguese. Just curious.
Nope...I'm Portuguese! But I don't know the language...just translated out of a book. Feel free to let me know if my translation of "I love the Kings" is incorrect. :D

Rowdyone said:
Gotta be a new record for Brad breaking something (right on time I might add) but being able to come back this quickly is really something. What did they use super glue?
they said the only reason he isnt playing is because its swollen...but remember what brad said last year, he is a fast healer..so thats a good thing, and i dont think a thumb is as serious as a ankle, even though im sure that still hurts...but hopefully brad will be back this weekend.....and then everyone will be healthy(i hope i didnt just jinx that :eek: )

D-Mass said:
Nope...I'm Portuguese! But I don't know the language...just translated out of a book. Feel free to let me know if my translation of "I love the Kings" is incorrect. :D
I can confirm that the translation is correct. I should know... because i am Portuguese.

Seriously I think it is time to trade him. He always breaks down this time every year. We need a better center then him. We need a center who defend and rebound especially with this current makeup we have on this team. Maybe I am taking this too far but Brad does not have the durability we need in a starting center.

There really aren't a whole lot of centers in the league that are durable. Brad has actually remained relatively healthy compared to most starting centers not named Ben Wallace, who is an animal. I remember him spraining his knee a couple years back and was able to come back a week or so later and played his same kick arse game regardless. Consider Yao, Shaq, Camby, Dampier, Okefor, ilgauskas, O'Neal (PF/C Indiana), and Curry have all had significant injuries over the last few years. It's just part of the game.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Oh no, Brad is always hurt. Every year at this time. Its just always the question of who can you get for him who's really better? I have some candidates, but are they really better? And in particular now with our lack of shooting for the first time in franchise history, Brad's skillset might actually be more valuable than it was when he was just one shooting softie amongst many.