Brad out with broken thumb

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
tradepeja said:
Anyway, we respect the fact of the injuries your team has had recently, but you should never, ever come in to a Kings board or talk to Kings fans in real life and whine about injuries on your own team. We don't really have any sympathy.
Wrong. I think most of us here fully empathize with the Pacer fans for the injuries their players have endured. I don't think he was whining...I think he was pretty much stating a fact from his point of view. No need to go hostile on him... He and other Pacers fans are completely welcome here at Kings fans to commiserate about various ails that seem to strike both our teams.

-------------------------------

Now, back to the topic at hand.

I do have a very reliable source who has confirmed this information for me. The thumb is "fractured" and Brad Miller will definitely not play against Denver. They will know more tomorrow...

Jesus, well hopefully Skinner can indeed play. If Brad and Hart are out long, and with Bonzi still out, though is likely to return this week, we'll have 10 or 11 guys.

While there are guys on the roster to fill in, I think a move or two comes.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
SacTownKid said:
Skinner has dressed for the last 2 games, and shot around before both. He should be ready to go I would think.
I hope so, beceause with Reef only able to take a few min at a time, and Brad out that only leaves Sampson or Corless... neither is a very attractive option at the 5.:eek:

Sampson has barely played for us, and I'd actually be kinda intrigued to see him in regular time.

Again, I doubt Sampson gets it and Corliss/SAR do it.

I would hope Adelman wouldn't even fool around with this and put Corliss on Camby. That is just plain nuts. I fear that he may put Reef at the 5! I hope not and I pray we see Brian Skinner in the starting lineup tomorrow.

Hopefully Skinner will get to prove he belongs on the court now...

Although at this point I'm not really sure what I'm rooting for.

Do we really want to sneak into the 8th spot, receive our beat down, and exit with another twentysomethingeth draft pick...

Or do we want to just try to get our new core guys, whoever they may be (Bibby/Bonzi/Martin/Artest/Brad?) into some kind of rhythm and familiarity with each other, along with a lottery pick in the summer?

I think I have to stop caring beyond the next game....
~~

VF21 said:

I do have a very reliable source who has confirmed this information for me. The thumb is "fractured" and Brad Miller will definitely not play against Denver. They will know more tomorrow...
Correct me if I'm wrong... But a fracture is much better than a broken right?

I am not sure that injuries or anything else matters anymore. We watch these games like one would watch a traffic accident while driving past the scene. You won't like what you see, but you have to look. Brad's newest injury simply puts another twist on a terminally twisted season. The Maloofs ought to hire an orthopedic surgeon to coach the team.

:(

VF21 said:
Wrong. I think most of us here fully empathize with the Pacer fans for the injuries their players have endured. I don't think he was whining...I think he was pretty much stating a fact from his point of view. No need to go hostile on him... He and other Pacers fans are completely welcome here at Kings fans to commiserate about various ails that seem to strike both our teams.

-------------------------------

OK.

There has been over three hours of local broadcasting on 1140. Sam Amick is on right now, and not one mention of a Brad Miller injury.

Purple Reign said:
OK.

There has been over three hours of local broadcasting on 1140. Sam Amick is on right now, and not one mention of a Brad Miller injury.
No mention in the paper either. This would go along with our usual Brad Miller out for an extended period of time season.

From a PR standpoint, maybe the front office has decided to not disclose this injury since the whole town seems to be riding a wave of enthusiasm after the Artest trade and announcing an injury would just bring everyone back down to earth. If Brad does not play tonight it will be interesting to hear the reason why.

Isnt it obvious? Brad has a phantom injury because hes being packaged in a deal with KT and Corliss for KG. I heard this rumor straight from the voices in my head.