Brad out with broken thumb

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's a rumor circulating (sorry, no link) that Brad Miller may have a broken thumb.

I have to think there may be some truth to it. During yesterday's PBP, I recall mentioning that Brad had, after one play, screamed in pain and grabbed his hand. I thought at the time it might have been a jammed finger...

Well, if it's true then I guess Brian Skinner will be seeing more playing time...

...sigh...

EDIT: I have confirmed this with a very reliable source. The thumb is fractured; they will know more tomorrow. - VF21

Last edited:
F

Fillmoe

i hope brad gets back soon... and i hope while brad is gone skinner manages to work himself back into playing time by playing exceptional

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Purple Reign said:
Did you hear that from "Crew":D
Um, no...

;)

As far as which hand, I believe I saw him grab his right hand. I'll check the PBP and see if I mentioned which one...

Entity

Hall of Famer
It was his right hand and he was fouled on the play and then went on to make both foul shots. Also later in that same period he blocked a big time shot of Charlie V's. So I think Brad could probably play through it maybe its just a hairline fracture and will be good to go in no time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the comment I made at 5:51 PM:

VF21 said:
4:05 left

Raps three misses; Martin board.

Soft pass by KT intended for Miller is stolen. Miller screams and grabs his hand. I believe he jammed his finger. Raps two points on the alley-oop on the other end.

80-70 Raps
That was with about 4 minutes left in the third quarter...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Entity said:
It was his right hand and he was fouled on the play and then went on to make both foul shots. Also later in that same period he blocked a big time shot of Charlie V's. So I think Brad could probably play through it maybe its just a hairline fracture and will be good to go in no time.
Nope. He wasn't fouled on the play. He did continue to play after this happened in the third quarter, however, so hopefully it's not serious.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wait, trimeout.

What rumor? Where is this coming from?

Its about time for Brad's annual injury, but losing him for 6 weeks right now would just about compelte the screwjob for this team this year.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Wait, trimeout.

What rumor? Where is this coming from?

Its about time for Brad's annual injury, but losing him for 6 weeks right now would just about compelte the screwjob for this team this year.
How dare you try to derail the rumor and sigh with your petty demads for facts, links and thought!:cool:

Entity

Hall of Famer
A few positives could come from it. 1) we quit running that damned princeton offense at all. 2) we actually have some interior defense albeit not the best but better.

VF21 said:
There's a rumor circulating (sorry, no link) that Brad Miller may have a broken thumb.

I have to think there may be some truth to it. During yesterday's PBP, I recall mentioning that Brad had, after one play, screamed in pain and grabbed his hand. I thought at the time it might have been a jammed finger...

Well, if it's true then I guess Brian Skinner will be seeing more playing time...

...sigh...
where did you hear this circulating rumor...the california pines..

sad part of this linkless rumor, Im sure its right.