Brad out with broken thumb

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I saw that, too, but just figured he hit it funny or something, since he kept playing.

If he is out a while and we lose enough games, do we get both the first AND second picks in the draft out of pity? :(

Meh. I read it's only for a couple games... but, Skinner will get to play some now, which should be happening consistently anyways.

would like to see Sampson at least play a little, but I doubt it. ;)

I broke my thumb and they put it in a cast for six weeks. It hurt like hell. I've broken/sprained fingers, but a thumb is something else entirely. Not sure what's going on here, but if it's a break it's not usually something you can just play through.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
nbrans said:
I broke my thumb and they put it in a cast for six weeks. It hurt like hell. I've broken/sprained fingers, but a thumb is something else entirely. Not sure what's going on here, but if it's a break it's not usually something you can just play through.
I would think so -- how would you grip anything?

I do remember Iverson playing with a broken thumb a few years back. Now of course A.I. has an out of this world pain threshold, but maybe its theoretically possible with a non-displaced hairline type deal? Seems risky though, and have real doubts how effective you can be,

I've had a hairline fracture in my thumb and it hurts bad especially when any sort of movement in it occurs. (backwards in my case)

If he BROKE it I think we'd know for sure by now.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What I heard was that it's definitely broken, that he'll be out tomorrow but may play later in the week...

I don't know anything more than that.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Um at the risk of being a wet blanket on this pitty party at this stage folks we are talking ROUMER... I'll wait untill official word before throwing my self off of barn roof.

If this is true then in all fairness to Adelman he would not have been given any kind of chance to take the team as constituted now and do something with them, which may be the impetus for him getting OFFERED a new contract, although he may not accept it.

nbrans said:
I think so, thx for the only good news on this thread.

piksi

Hall of Famer
HndsmCelt said:
Um at the risk of being a wet blanket on this pitty party at this stage folks we are talking ROUMER... I'll wait untill official word before throwing my self off of barn roof.
some rumors are usually just that. In this case - it is more than a rumor

If he broke it than how did he play through it? Does that mean he can play again in a few games? Also what about Brian's ankle? If they're both out do we start Sampson or trade?

GoGoGadget said:
Dude, seriously, are you knocking on wood when you post something like this?

Some other form of dance/technique to counter the bad mojo?
with how fragile any player who wears a kings uniform appears to be even the suggestion/mention could put one of the guys out for a month. bad mistake.

Yes, I guess it IS a rumor. But, how many bad rumors happen to be true when it comes to the Sacramento Kings? We have some bad, bad, bad luck. Oh well. And considering VF is the one thats hearing this stuff, it makes me believe it has some merit considering the source.

And Brad did do something to his hand yesterday, you could see him jump in pain.

GoGoGadget said:
Dude, seriously, are you knocking on wood when you post something like this?

Some other form of dance/technique to counter the bad mojo?
you got one on your avatar, have him look at her lips.

Lord Helmet said:
Take your injuries and multiply them by 15, and you are the Indiana Pacers....

:(
Please, I try to fell for your team and the injuries they've had this year and last, but I fail to see how the injuries of your team can even compare to the type the Kings have endured. Have you ever had your best player injured on the brink of a championship, have him never come back in full form, and then have to trade him for a trio of scrubs? Have you had your former sixth man of hte year injured so many times and so many ways that he misses 2 and half seasons that you just had to give up and trade him for another guy who ends up getting injured anyway? Have you had a guy play well enough to get to the All-star game, and then get injured in it! Have you had a guy scorew 25 points in the first half of a game, have him get injured in the second half and then lose the game by 2! Or maybe a guy on your team who is practically scheduled to go out with an injury at some point and time in the year.

</rant>

Anyway, we respect the fact of the injuries your team has had recently, but you should never, ever come in to a Kings board or talk to Kings fans in real life and whine about injuries on your own team. We don't really have any sympathy.

tradepeja said:
Please, I try to fell for your team and the injuries they've had this year and last, but I fail to see how the injuries of your team can even compare to the type the Kings have endured. Have you ever had your best player injured on the brink of a championship, have him never come back in full form, and then have to trade him for a trio of scrubs? Have you had your former sixth man of hte year injured so many times and so many ways that he misses 2 and half seasons that you just had to give up and trade him for another guy who ends up getting injured anyway? Have you had a guy play well enough to get to the All-star game, and then get injured in it! Have you had a guy scorew 25 points in the first half of a game, have him get injured in the second half and then lose the game by 2! Or maybe a guy on your team who is practically scheduled to go out with an injury at some point and time in the year.

</rant>

Anyway, we respect the fact of the injuries your team has had recently, but you should never, ever come in to a Kings board or talk to Kings fans in real life and whine about injuries on your own team. We don't really have any sympathy.
Trust me pacers have there problems too, the past few years, and now there problem is our problem;) .

Last edited: