2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

maybe this is why Monte’s Not so concerned about the possibility of losing DDV?
If TD finds any consistency he will be a heck of a player for us. I still think we have something lined up otherwise why not let DDV find a deal and then we can always decide not to match. They must have a trade or a free agent that is ready to sign

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If TD finds any consistency he will be a heck of a player for us. I still think we have something lined otherwise why not let DDV find a deal and then we can always decide.l not to match. They must have a trade or a free agent that is ready to sign
Donte and Davis are also the same age so a sacrifice might of been necessary here in order to get the best out of Davis

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think Victor Oladipo on a 1 year deal with a player option for another year makes the most sense for us. He can still play quality defense and he's got more offensive upside than anyone else we're likely to sign. Terence Davis still gets his minutes off the bench and we decide in a year how much to invest in bringing either of them back. Keon Ellis probably starts out in Stockton with a chance to earn a role on the Kings by the end of the season.

I wonder if Coach Brown has an inside track to sign Gary Payton II right out of the gates tomorrow.

GPII blossomed into the defensive star player he is now under Brown's tutelage. Maybe Brown and he has a wink-wink deal to get GPII in as the starting SG on the Kings.

Fox Mitchell
Monk TD
Murray Oladipo
Collins Lyles
Sabonis Holmes

light on defense and not sure with Murray and Collins both occupying Same space but plenty of shooting.

One of the big things with Monk is he has an explosive 1st step, which is not gonna be easy to find elsewhere this summer, and he had a solid uptick on his assists last season, so as long as the Kings ballmovement is legit defenses will have to scramble a bit more.

He's shot 40 and 39% from 3 on big attempts the past 2 seasons.. Plus he's 24 so he fits perfectly into our timeline..

In a world where fans are upset they didnt Q/O DiVicenzo for 6.6mil it's hard for me to believe Monk wouldnt be well worth it at 10.5

Robinson is very good at what he does, he shot 76% from the field last season and is at 72% for his career.

He holds a lot of weight on the battle of the offensive boards on both sides of the ball, grabbing a ton and limiting the other team. He's able to 'high-point' the ball quicker than most everyone in the league

and then theres the more talked about Rim protection and just his overall athletic grade which is freakishly light-footed for a 7-footer

How is Monk's defense?

Edit*
The comment above mine just mentioned it. I'd rather have DDV.
Obviously Malik Monk can shoot but his defense is non-existent. That would be a hard pass for me, especially if he wants a 4 year deal (and he should).
The way I look at it is, The Kings defense is gonna be atrocious either way... the idea that DDV takes the defense to another level, is completely absurd to me..

Monk tries really hard... Whatever happens with him defensively it wont be from lack of effort.. He communicates well. he reads the passing lanes well and he's plenty athletic so it's not like he cant improve.

The way I look at it is, The Kings defense is gonna be atrocious either way... the idea that DDV takes the defense to another level, is completely absurd to me..

Monk tries really hard... Whatever happens with him defensively it wont be from lack of effort..

I don't think we will be that bad, I think we will be better than last year, but that's not saying much. If he tries, maybe Brown and his team can work him into a good defender, he made Wiggin's into a lockdown defender.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Umm, yes. Look at Robinson's advanced stats and get back to me. Especially look at ORtg vs. DRtg and Blk% and WS/48. Dude is a beast.
Sure, but at the same time, the Knicks have been actively trying to move the guy for the last year so I feel like there’s some underlying stuff that should be keeping his value down more than it currently is.

I don’t know if I like Atlanta’s trade for Murray after some additional thought. Murray is really best on the ball and has yet to prove he can hit threes consistently. Trae can maybe transition to off ball but who knows if that experiment will work. They gave up 2 unprotected picks and one unprotected pick swap several years down the road in addition to one protected. Could back fire. Maybe they are a team that puts together a package for Gobert to shore up their defense. Something like Collins, Okongwu and Hunter