2019 NBA Draft thread

Pacers purchase the 32 pick AND get TJ Warren!!!???

Come on Vlade and Vivek wth didnt we make this deal???? TJ would fit well as our backup sf and there is some good talent at 32.

Disappointed

Come on Vlade and Vivek wth didnt we make this deal???? TJ would fit well as our backup sf and there is some good talent at 32.

Disappointed
I wonder if the Kings are even out there talking to anyone about any sort of moves? Or Is the FO just content with where they are?

I’m sure they've been making a lot of calls today. I’d be surprised if we don’t make a move.
The FA market hangs over head. Is Vlade going to wait yet again, choosing instead to go all in on FA only to get left hanging himself? Year after year it's been settle kind of deals after all the balloons pop. The only major addition they've made was when they finally held onto that space and traded for Barnes with it. Has Vlade learned from his past?

Last edited:

Disappointed
:(

Yikes. Getting a near-starter quality that can flex between the 3/4 and create his own shot for only 12 mil is such a get. AND 32?

Great move.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll post the names as they're announced but I'm not gonna try and update the draft list with all the trades until the pick is made. Way too confusing. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Disappointed
Disappointed? I'd rather see us spend our bucks on some quality FA. The grass isn't always greener, especially if you pull back and look at the whole lot. ;)

There it goes...Hunter wearing Lakers gear when he and all of us know he's an Atlanta Hawk. I feel bad, like it sorta dampens the experience for the kids who go through it.
Let’s also remember that he’s now going to make millions. I’m sure he’s feeling just fine I know I wouldn’t care one bit. Work hard and play to the best of your abilities wherever you end up!

Disappointed? I'd rather see us spend our bucks on some quality FA. The grass isn't always greener, especially if you pull back and look at the whole lot. ;)
I would love a quality FA. Unfortunately as was pointed out above, we always end up with the leftovers after the main course has been picked over by everyone else.

Garland was "my guy" in this draft, had him higher than RJ. That shot just gives him so high ceiling, just like Trey Young who I had 2nd in last draft after Doncic. To me Garland is not quite Young level prospect since he is not quite the passer Tre is but still Garland is a great prospect

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let’s also remember that he’s now going to make millions. I’m sure he’s feeling just fine I know I wouldn’t care one bit. Work hard and play to the best of your abilities wherever you end up!
He might actually be relieved not to be going to Poopstorm Central.

You know me - Hope springs eternal. I honestly believe Vlade is gonna get it right.
Well, he has for the most part, it's just the players he went after either didn't sign here or they had their deal matched. Vlade shouldn't jump at just anything but if something nice comes along, he shouldn't balk because he thinks he's going to be able to lure a FA when he couldn't pull it off when he was literally one of the only real money players at times. One thing I've noticed about Vlade is that he learns fairly quick. I'd bet he's looking at everything.