What the ???

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/02/2720802/ailene-voisin-sadly-wnba-camps.html

Joe Maloof reiterated the other day ... "We hated to do it. We won a championship with that team. But as bad as things turned for us in a year, we're already seeing a momentum swing with Tyreke (Evans), with ticket sales, with energy. Once we get our mojo back with the Kings and start filling the building again …"

He will revive the Monarchs.

There. He said it.

He said it once, twice, three times.

Last edited:
Step into Orender's shoes. Do you take Maloof at his word that he will not fold the franchise again should they reinstate it? The Monarchs were a sort of co-figurehead for the WNBA, a team that did well, one that people payed attention to. The Maloofs folded them, and took away a solid piece of her brand.

... Maybe just one more shot. Just one.

On the other hand, most everyone knows the Maloofs were in serious financial difficulty. The whole article is interesting. It discusses reasons why they might not get the team re-started and good reasons the WNBA might allow it. I'll stay hopeful.

I would welcome a return. As a season ticket holder, I would plunk my money down on day one. But I will believe it when I see it. Holla at me when the ink is dry.

Too bad we lost a #2 draft pick and a reasonable core. It would be tough to start from scratch again. Maybe if we join back they'll give us the #2 draft pick back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/02/2720802/ailene-voisin-sadly-wnba-camps.html

Joe Maloof reiterated the other day ... "We hated to do it. We won a championship with that team. But as bad as things turned for us in a year, we're already seeing a momentum swing with Tyreke (Evans), with ticket sales, with energy. Once we get our mojo back with the Kings and start filling the building again …"

He will revive the Monarchs.

There. He said it.

He said it once, twice, three times.
Yes, Joe. We believe you...just like we believe your brother George now.

Bah, humbug.

my goodness ... it's been a long time since i've cheched in here ...

i too would come straight back to the monarchs if they started up again ...

at this point, i think it may be more likely that the warriors wil get a wnba team ... and they might even play in san francisco ... much closer to me ...