Trade WCS for Wiggins if we get Ayton?

Trade WCS plus for Wiggins?

• Total voters
One has nothing to do with the other. They are 2 different players. Cousins biggest problem was arguing with the refs too much. He made himself into a solid defender and the team was miles better with him on the floor. He is also on a whole other talent level than Wiggins.

I liked the potential of Wiggins coming out of college, but he has fallen short IMO. He showed the promise of being a good defender, but shows almost no interest on that side of the floor. On offense, he only seems concerned with what he can do and rarely looks for his teammates once he the ball. If you just looked at stats, he appears very similar to his teammate Butler, but there is no doubt who is far and away the better player.
Cousins did not make his teammates better. And his inability to play transition defense killed his team

Cousins did not make his teammates better. And his inability to play transition defense killed his team
Sorry, but Cousins did make his teammates better. There is no doubt that he sometimes cost his team on defense by staying and arguing with the refs, but the team's overall defense was much better with him on the floor. It by no means killed their defense. If it did, They would've been a better defensive team when he was on the bench.

Sorry, but Cousins did make his teammates better. There is no doubt that he sometimes cost his team on defense by staying and arguing with the refs, but the team's overall defense was much better with him on the floor. It by no means killed their defense. If it did, They would've been a better defensive team when he was on the bench.
And yet w such superstar power he got....well
Nowhere

Yes I’ll be extremely against it.

Build with team first non ball donut guys who play defense. Fox/Bogdan are our main ball handlers with Ayton we have a shooter in Buddy and Giles/JJ are role players who won’t need the ball.

If anything I’d do WCS/JJ
For
Oubre/Mahinmi

Oubre isn’t ball dominate and can be a 3D guy
To much for Oubre when he is going to be a restricted free agent.

Willie for Oubre is fair or just sign Oubre as free agent for what you would pay Mahinmi.

Exactly!!

Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, and Doncic/Ayton should be getting the shots and usage. Now we need dirty workers Giles/JJ are a good start if wcs can get his head out of Porzingis ass would be good too
Giles is not a dirty work. He is a better player now than maybe everyone but Ayton.

No you don’t! That is how small market teams end up perennial cellar dwellers!

OKC didn’t get good bu taking gambles like that. Utah didn’t get good by taking gambles like that etc.

Small market teams get better by not wasting draft picks, making smart, calculated trades to add pieces and assets to have currency. We didn’t get better by swinging to the fences on Derek Coleman. We got better by trading for a proven commodity in C-Webb whose best was still ahead of him.

Wiggins has been nothing but disappointing. He got his max 5 year deal and all of a sudden he decided he is done. That tells me all I need to know.
I’m not a fan of Wiggins but wasn’t CWebb seen as a risk also?

Nowhere
Lets see.

Kings start getting somewhere when Cuz gets viral meningitis. Team falls apart without him, team fires the coach team goes in the tank. That was on the team firing the coach.

Finally get a coach and some decent players around Cuz. Team starts to click again. Cuz gets traded. They would have made the playoffs.

And if you want to go before Malone then ya we can bring up the FUBAR drafting of Jimmer, Robinson, Sauce.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nowhere
If you want to rehash the whole Cousins argument, please take a moment/year/decade and read ALL the threads about him while he was still a King and after he got traded. Be sure and check both the Kings Rap and NBA forums.

The equine has expired. Its carcass lay supine long enough for it to be picked clean by the carrion eaters. I think you can safely stop flagellating it.

If you want to rehash the whole Cousins argument, please take a moment/year/decade and read ALL the threads about him while he was still a King and after he got traded. Be sure and check both the Kings Rap and NBA forums.

The equine has expired. Its carcass lay supine long enough for it to be picked clean by the carrion eaters. I think you can safely stop flagellating it.
Perhaps just using a counter example

It’s very simple.

Wiggins is probably a more talented player than Willie. However, the talent assessment alone is not how you determine if you do a trade or not. It’s about VALUE.

Wiggins’ talent + his contract < Willie’s talent + his contract.

Wiggins is a ball hog that plays no defense and makes his teammates worse. Putting him on the Kings doesn't make them better, it guarantees that they continue to go nowhere.
No you don’t! That is how small market teams end up perennial cellar dwellers!

OKC didn’t get good bu taking gambles like that. Utah didn’t get good by taking gambles like that etc.

Small market teams get better by not wasting draft picks, making smart, calculated trades to add pieces and assets to have currency. We didn’t get better by swinging to the fences on Derek Coleman. We got better by trading for a proven commodity in C-Webb whose best was still ahead of him.

Wiggins has been nothing but disappointing. He got his max 5 year deal and all of a sudden he decided he is done. That tells me all I need to know.
Victor Oladipo anyone? He looked like their future franchise player in his first few years, but it fell into shambles. Orlando's idiotic coach and FO forced him out for Elfrid Payton. The narrative around him in his last year with them was that he was a ball-dominant ISO. He got way too much usage and ball handling. His attitude was meh because he wasn't excited about coming off the bench for that small period of time. His defense was just meh, because he should've been great given his athletic tools. They didn't want to give him an overpaid contract in the market, so they traded him to OKC and the 11th pick for a 1 year rental of Serge Ibaka.........

Wiggins makes much more money than Oladipo did, but gambles pay off. I don't think the Pacers necessarily gambled, but got lucky. After Oladipo's meh year in OKC, some people saw his contract as being horrible.

and for heavensakes... we're talking about trading WCS for him, not Fox. Minnesota would laugh at that offer anyways.

There were definitely attitude concerns, but Webber was already an elite PF when he arrived in Sacramento. There wasn’t a performance risk like there is with Wiggins.
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Performance risk..really?

In his first 4 years, Wiggins has averaged 19.7pts 4.1rebs 2.1asts 1stl on 44.7/33.0/74.1

Since when is that a performance risk? Lots of stretches going on, and when did Andrew Wiggins suddenly adopt a terrible attitude and horrible work ethic? By all accounts, he's a great guy who works hard everyday. Plus, Webber was 25yearsold. Wiggins is only 23yearsold.

Victor Oladipo anyone? He looked like their future franchise player in his first few years, but it fell into shambles. Orlando's idiotic coach and FO forced him out for Elfrid Payton. The narrative around him in his last year with them was that he was a ball-dominant ISO. He got way too much usage and ball handling. His attitude was meh because he wasn't excited about coming off the bench for that small period of time. His defense was just meh, because he should've been great given his athletic tools. They didn't want to give him an overpaid contract in the market, so they traded him to OKC and the 11th pick for a 1 year rental of Serge Ibaka.........

Wiggins makes much more money than Oladipo did, but gambles pay off. I don't think the Pacers necessarily gambled, but got lucky. After Oladipo's meh year in OKC, some people saw his contract as being horrible.

and for heavensakes... we're talking about trading WCS for him, not Fox. Minnesota would laugh at that offer anyways.
I make my judgements off what I see, not what I hear. I always felt Oladipo's biggest problem was being used wrong by Orlando. Wiggins often gets his numbers at the expense of his more talented teammates. I never got that impression about Oladipo.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I can't believe this is even a debate. I'm down for trading WCS for ANYONE because the thought of giving him a big contract in the near future scares me. He strikes me as a dude who will immediatly check out into space cadet camp and never return.

I can't believe this is even a debate. I'm down for trading WCS for ANYONE because the thought of giving him a big contract in the near future scares me. He strikes me as a dude who will immediatly check out into space cadet camp and never return.
It’s not worth Wiggins while will stunt the growth of Ayton/Fox with his style of play

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Performance risk..really?

In his first 4 years, Wiggins has averaged 19.7pts 4.1rebs 2.1asts 1stl on 44.7/33.0/74.1

Since when is that a performance risk? Lots of stretches going on, and when did Andrew Wiggins suddenly adopt a terrible attitude and horrible work ethic? By all accounts, he's a great guy who works hard everyday. Plus, Webber was 25yearsold. Wiggins is only 23yearsold.
At his position, Andrew Wiggins is inefficient, overpaid, and an overrated defender. His raw numbers might seem shiny on the surface, but Wolves fans will tell you that he was a disappointment this last season. He hasn’t put it all together yet, and with his salary, I’d be hard pressed to take the risk that he does. You could be looking at the next Rudy Gay for the remaining four years of the $150 million extension he signed with Minnesota last year. I’ll pass.

By contrast, we knew what Chris Webber was when he got here: one of the single most talented PF’s in the game who was in need of an attitude adjustment and a corrective to some of his off-court troubles. As you say, he was already 25 years old, and not a big risk if Rick Adelman, a player’s coach if ever there was one, could reach him.

Kings were the lowest scoring team in the league last year. There are plenty of shots to go around.
True. I think
Err NO!

Chris Webber was an allstar (1997) when we traded for him coming off a 22/10/4/1.5/1.5 season. That is not a gamble. That is a proven commodity that is yet to enter his prime years.

Two situations could not be more far apart.
All commodities are priced in USD.

Not sure where i'm going with that, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Last edited:
I'll trade WCS for a bag of chips at this point. Ok not really, but what I mean is I don't see him as a starter for us long term, and he'd be one of my main trading chips to get a valuable player.
Okay hold on this has gone on long enough. WCS is the least of our problems he's actually been pretty good increasing his productivity every year even with a rookie PG. The biggest problem we face is guarding the 3 and that's not WCS's bad. Let me tell you who sucks. Skal sucks I don't trust him one bit if he doesn't show out this year SEE YA LATER. You know who else??? ZBO sucks he can't guard a graveyard. One more for the road Frank Mason sucks he couldn't finish a ( insert inappropriate theme here). Let's add a freakin SF to the roster and see what happens .
https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/trading-back-for-mikal-bridges.69471/

Last edited:
Okay hold on this has gone on long enough. WCS is the least of our problems he's actually been pretty good increasing his productivity every year even with a rookie PG. The biggest problem we face is guarding the 3 and that's not WCS's bad. Let me tell you who sucks. Skal sucks I don't trust him one bit if he doesn't show out this year SEE YA LATER. You know who else??? ZBO sucks he can't guard a graveyard. One more for the road Frank Mason sucks he couldn't finish a ( insert inappropriate theme here). Let's add a freakin SF to the roster and see what happens .
I was wondering about how fans felt about Frank Mason. In less the Kings are content using Bogdan and or possibly Donic at backup PG, then I recon we can easily use our 36th pick to upgrade the point.
I already commented on your trade back proposal with Orlando...I wont shoot myself as it's a huge improvement over Justin Jackson IMO. I got a lot of pro Donic response for that, fair enough.

Last edited:
WCS is coming up on a contract year. Would you want to pay him? An inefficient, non rebounding, non rim protecting big isn't really something the Kings should be spending money on. He has some value so now is a better time than never to pull the trigger on a trade. I'd argue that his best year was his rookie year when he he was a rim runner that protected the rim and took efficient shots. If he would have just stuck to improving those simple aspects of his game, he would be a much better player. Instead we have him trying to be something he's not and we have a coaching staff that's allowing it to happen.

Skal is in a completely different situation. He holds no value to other teams but he can be a very valuable piece to our organization. If he develops, great. If he doesn't then no harm, no foul. His defensive numbers shot up by quite a bit this year while his offense took a down turn. Plus you have to be patient with his body type. The weight isn't going to be put on in a couple years but it's very important to his effectiveness in the NBA.

WCS is coming up on a contract year. Would you want to pay him? An inefficient, non rebounding, non rim protecting big isn't really something the Kings should be spending money on. He has some value so now is a better time than never to pull the trigger on a trade. I'd argue that his best year was his rookie year when he he was a rim runner that protected the rim and took efficient shots. If he would have just stuck to improving those simple aspects of his game, he would be a much better player. Instead we have him trying to be something he's not and we have a coaching staff that's allowing it to happen.

Skal is in a completely different situation. He holds no value to other teams but he can be a very valuable piece to our organization. If he develops, great. If he doesn't then no harm, no foul. His defensive numbers shot up by quite a bit this year while his offense took a down turn. Plus you have to be patient with his body type. The weight isn't going to be put on in a couple years but it's very important to his effectiveness in the NBA.
Yes I would pay him. I'm no gerbil when it comes to the cap and cba but I don't think teams are going to be breaking the bank for him we should be able to sign him to a reasonable deal. He is/was attempting to expand his game last season of course it's not going to look like poetry in motion and personally I think it's a good thing.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

With me, it's not about who we trade, but who were trading for. I don't like Wiggins, and I certainly don't like the contract he comes with. I had reservations about him at Kansas, and today several years later, I still have the same reservations. Does everyone realize that he's owed and average of 28.2 mil over the next four years? And by the way, Willie makes around 3.7 mil, so were around 24 or so mil short in matching salaries. Yes, we could use some of our cap space to make up the difference this summer, but do we really want to commit that much money to a player that doesn't really impact the game? I don't!

By the way, anyone that watched Oladipo play knew he had that fire in his belly. He played with aggression. He was also a gym rat. Tell me that you see that fire in Wiggins. I've never seen it. Oladipo busted his butt on defense in college and brought it the NBA. The mistake Orlando made was trying to convert him into a PG. Wiggins has yet to look up the word defense.

With me, it's not about who we trade, but who were trading for. I don't like Wiggins, and I certainly don't like the contract he comes with. I had reservations about him at Kansas, and today several years later, I still have the same reservations. Does everyone realize that he's owed and average of 28.2 mil over the next four years? And by the way, Willie makes around 3.7 mil, so were around 24 or so mil short in matching salaries. Yes, we could use some of our cap space to make up the difference this summer, but do we really want to commit that much money to a player that doesn't really impact the game? I don't!

By the way, anyone that watched Oladipo play knew he had that fire in his belly. He played with aggression. He was also a gym rat. Tell me that you see that fire in Wiggins. I've never seen it. Oladipo busted his butt on defense in college and brought it the NBA. The mistake Orlando made was trying to convert him into a PG. Wiggins has yet to look up the word defense.
Ok What about Zbo to even out the salaries. Then I would definitely pull the trigger