Thomas or Shareef

Who Starts based on tonight's performance??

• Shareef, there is no question about it

Votes: 118 69.0%
  • Shareef, but slightly

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Kenny, by a long shot

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Kenny, but only a matter of time

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 23 13.5%

• Total voters

Entity

Hall of Famer
my problem is this. In last nights game Bonzi was posting up alot in the 3rd quarter and kicking it out to brad because the doubled Bonzi. Shareef had to stay outside so as not to clog the lane in case the double didn't come to Bonzi. Shareef is no good to us outside of 15 feet. So what do we do in those situations or what does SAR do???

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Entity said:
my problem is this. In last nights game Bonzi was posting up alot in the 3rd quarter and kicking it out to brad because the doubled Bonzi. Shareef had to stay outside so as not to clog the lane in case the double didn't come to Bonzi. Shareef is no good to us outside of 15 feet. So what do we do in those situations or what does SAR do???
Cut and or rebound... Bonzi kicking out to Brad is good news every time!

It's not as if Bonzi is going to be the main low post threat. He's a nice change of pace on the low block and in situations like that SAR can be on the weak side wing and crash the boards or he can put the ball on the floor if he gets outside the lane when the ball is kicked. I don't think that Bonzi's presence in the post is any type of problem at all with respect to SAR.

HndsmCelt said:
Cut and or rebound... Bonzi kicking out to Brad is good news every time!
Yeah, anytime we can get a situation like that, that means that we're executing efficiently and should be happy with the spacing. Too often we're our own worst enemies with no spacing and movement on the offensive end. If we move on offense in the half court, we win.

SAR needs to REBOUND

if SAR continues his Peja impersonations on the rebounding boards, i may need to recast my vote to Thomas... SAR has got to assert himself on the boards... he needs to average 8-9 boards for the kings to be sucessful... a power forward being out rebounded by your 2 guard, bonzi, is not going to cut it...

if SAR doesn't pick up his rebounding, i would have to switch my pick to Thomas!!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
kingsofnba said:
if SAR continues his Peja impersonations on the rebounding boards, i may need to recast my vote to Thomas... SAR has got to assert himself on the boards... he needs to average 8-9 boards for the kings to be sucessful... a power forward being out rebounded by your 2 guard, bonzi, is not going to cut it...

if SAR doesn't pick up his rebounding, i would have to switch my pick to Thomas!!!!
Let's put it this way -- Bonzi right now is outrebounding BOTH our probable starting forwards COMBINED, and in half the minutes! Bonzi is averaging 5.0 rebs in 24min, Peja and Reef 4.0 combined in 48min. Its preseason, but really now.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Let's put it this way -- Bonzi right now is outrebounding BOTH our probable starting forwards COMBINED, and in half the minutes! Bonzi is averaging 5.0 rebs in 24min, Peja and Reef 4.0 combined in 48min. Its preseason, but really now.
Maybe you should use the bat on some recalcetrant forwards?

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
Maybe you should use the bat on some recalcetrant forwards?
Corporal punishment may indeed be deserved in this case. ;)

I'd make a great coach -- "rebound the ****ing ball you pansies or I'll kick ALL your ****ing asses!!!!":D

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Corporal punishment may indeed be deserved in this case. ;)

I'd make a great coach -- "rebound the ****ing ball you pansies or I'll kick all your ****ing asses!!!!":D
Being essentially a pacifist I would probably fine the block heads. Give them a resonable goal of say 4 or 5 rebounds then charge them a grand for each board under their quota... heck maybe even give them bonusess for going over quoata. ;)

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
Being essentially a pacifist I would probably fine the block heads. Give them a resonable goal of say 4 or 5 rebounds then charge them a grand for each board under their quota... heck maybe even give them bonusess for going over quoata. ;)
wuss. :p

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
LOL, yeah too many years of no meat and being a cat owner to be a bad a$$ any more. But at my age being a tough guy just does not work like it used to... I just come off grumpy.

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
LOL, yeah too many years of no meat and being a cat owner to be a bad a$$ any more.
Okay, I think there's still time to save your manliness Hndsm -- its not too late! -- but we will have to act fast. So let's kill too birds with one stone and make you fearsome once again:

You must eat your cat. :D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Okay, I think there's still time to save your manliness Hndsm -- its not too late! -- but we will have to act fast. So let's kill too birds with one stone and make you fearsome once again:

You must eat your cat. :D
LOL you owe me a new key board. Any recipies?

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
LOL you owe me a new key board. Any recipies?
Crossing the line into utter tastlessness now (and you should have seen the rest of the site I got it from :eek: ). But you asked, so here ya go: :D

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness
[size=-1]
Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.
[/size]

kingsofnba said:

It's, pre-season. SAR, and Peja aren't out of sudden going to be averaging 1.5-3.5 RPG this season. The way I look at it is it'd be nice to see them get 5-10 boards in games (in pre-season), but I'm not too bothered if they don't. Simply because it's pre-season, and there are obvious factors that come with it (minutes, rotations, experimenting, specifics, working on things, etc.).

If you looked at the last game, Reef probably could have had half of the rebounds that Kenny had if we would have fought Kenny for them. But, we didn't get killed on the boards so no big. If we are getting slaughtered on the boards and Shareef has 1 board then there is a problem. He is a career 8 rebound a game guy, and close to 10 when he plays the PF position, I wouldn't get too worried yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
TheLoneWarrior3 said:
what about in the playoffs?

Shareef or Thomas?

Shareef has no playoff experience
What about the playoffs?

You're kidding, right? It's Oct. 17. At this point, ANY talk of the playoffs is just silly.